Worth buying BF2 Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worth buying BF2 Now?

Personally, I feel it is well worth the purchase, just because of the mods alone. I reinstalled BF2 just to play the Project Reality mod. I am looking forward to many high level mods coming out (FH, EoD, etc.) that will greatly increase the life of this game. Yes, the game is buggy, but the mods coming out for it will quickly fix many (if not all) of the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
      You are missing my point YoDiddy. Why does someone who has obviously played the game a bit, and posts on a bf2 forum, not like the game enough to tell people not to buy it?
      I'm not missing anything, apparently you are otherwise you wouldn't be asking something I already answered on the other page.

Comment

Yes personally i think it is worth buying. ya it still has bugs but what game that EA makes doesn't?. So yes go out and buy it. Its worth it

Comment

there was an update few months back buy thisgame still very good

Comment

Originally posted by YoDiddy
            BF2 is full of bugs, the ranking is about to drop.
            The game will almost never recieve another update.
            The games prime time is over, you can get it fairly cheap yes, but it's not really worth it.
            Invest in something else thats newer and not by EA.
            These are your reasons for not recommending someone buy bf2. I think they should be YOUR reasons for LEAVING Bf2, and its forums, to people who still enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by YoDiddy
              ^^
              dont listen to him

its not worth it, ea should pay us to play it infact
              Don't listen to him he's a whining noob who enjoys the game but doesn't want to admit it...
              I'm happy to see people are still wanting to start playing BF2.

Comment

No, it's not worth buying it anymore. Most of there servers are Infantry Only, which means no vehicles, and also, tons of glitches/crashes/tkers/idiots ect.
                Your better off with another game.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.morey
                  Don't listen to him he's a whining noob who enjoys the game but doesn't want to admit it...
                  I'm happy to see people are still wanting to start playing BF2.
                  I forgot to mention the other players as a reason, heres a perfect example of both a player and his IQ level. I never said anything about not like it, try reading up.

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                  These are your reasons for not recommending someone buy bf2. I think they should be YOUR reasons for LEAVING Bf2, and its forums, to people who still enjoy the game.
                  I can think of plenty more reasons, those are just main. I don't plan on leaving just yet, though thats for your concern.

I am not registered with EA so I'm not on the BF2 forums.
                  thanks

Originally posted by [AK]Lord_Of_War
                  No, it's not worth buying it anymore. Most of there servers are Infantry Only, which means no vehicles, and also, tons of glitches/crashes/tkers/idiots ect.
                  Your better off with another game.
                  word. ty

Comment

If you enjoyed the Demo, you will not enjoy BF2 at its current state. You will love the additional maps, but the game is just too different. Everything you can think of has been tweaked, and its overall less enjoyable. Its worth the money you pay for, but you will not get that much fun out of it.

Comment

LeoBloom, if you're tired of the ranting from the mindless children in this thread, I'll gladly give you some personal input.

This game is frustrating.

I guarantee that if you're not willing to invest a great deal of time into it to learn advanced techniques in ground pounding, tank warfare, helicopter warfare, and air-to-air/air-to-ground warfare, then you're not going to have very much fun with this game.

Every day you will run into something new that will draw out the seething anger, and raw hatred for human-kind from deep inside of your very soul. Examples of such things would be:

Stupid Teammates only interested in their own stats.
                      Point whores who don't understand the purpose of 'flags' in this game.
                      Team-killing for vehicles.
                      Smack-talk.
                      Abusive Admins.
                      Hack-whines.
                      Bugs that are detrimental to gameplay.
                      Exploits that are used against you.
                      Punishes from accidental TK's.

Oh gods, the list goes on.

However. This is coming from a person who has 500 hours invested in this game so far. Not-since the release of Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot have I ever been enthralled in a game so deeply as I have been with this one.

I could go on to tell you all the things that I love about this game; but I honestly can't tell you to love a game based on my experiences. You'll simply have to dole out $30 dollars, and figure it out yourself.

Comment

Dairuka makes some good points. Its not really the actual game that may ruin your experience, but some of the other players might. I have only played 2 games online for any amount of time, this being one of them. The other one I played online for nearly 3 years before I tired of it, and BF2 has FAR more to offer than Medal of Honor ever did.

However the frustration statement is 110% correct...

Be prepared to get owned for awhile until you get the hang of it, BF2 players are unforgiving Alot of people have been playing it since the demo came out and if your just starting up, unless your a natural, you may need to be a very patient player.

Also hooking up with some good players (or friends) may make playing more enjoyable.

Comment

Diddy seems so grumpy that he must be having some kind of menses

On the topic, game is still best in the market despite its weaknesses. Plenty of server and lots of people playing it. No reason why you wouldn't buy it.

As Dairuka and Rock_FU mentioned, prepare to get beatings in the first steps. There are a lot of extremely skilled players in the field. Check out tips and tricks posted on these forums, you might avoid some hard lessons by reading about em beforehand.

Hope you join the community and if so then Welcome

Comment

the ranking is really going to stop? when?

Comment

The game is worth it if you download ALL the Mods in turn for it and find out your "flavour" of gaming. SOme prefer vanilla, some prefer POE2, some prefer USI, some prefer Mercenaries, some prefer OPK, and the rest of the players that aren't playing little mods like Battlepaint and Battleracer exclusively prefer PR.

We won't count vanilla players that never tried a mod in their lives, for whatever reason (including dumb objections) because they can't comment on mods till they've tried them properly)

Comment

if you can find it for $25

Comment

Working...
                                X