Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jet Flying Question And Answer

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
    I know I'm a little late, but I'll go on Mario's defense here.

I've played with him(on the opposite team), on Oman before. I join in and my team(MEC) has maybe 70 tickets, and US has about 170 and all flags. Within those 70 tickets, Mario and MysticRider(I believe) managed to give me my first purple heart of the game. It is not hard to pick out 2 and 3 infantry units standing at the runway on Oman, or any other map, when you know that they're all going to be standing there. Watching Mario's jet move, it's nothing I or any one else at my level could have not done, and something I have done with ease. The F-35B has some awesome strafing abilities, and cleanly moves with 3D twist.
    Thank you PrototypeJC. I guess he is just amazed how I always find him and doesn't understand how easy it is to slow down a bit look for infantry that are in good hiding spots and then come back around for the kill or maybe because hes a 3star and hes can't believe a 2nd leu is that good.

Comment

Just wondering, do you guys fly with the big map open all the time? (low opacity)

Comment

No we don't, at least I don't.

Comment

No, each map is different, and you will probably want to study each individually for a few reasons. On each map the ceiling is at different altitudes, also some maps it's mig vs. f18 or bomber or what have you... The bottom line is knowing these small details give you a distinct advantage. Do you know where the ruts and valleys are and blind spots for ground AA? where are all the ground AA emplacements? where do the mobile AA spawn at? to find mobile aa just tail another freindly jet, when he gets lit up just hit the object with the square around it, rather easy to spot this way. In ground attack do you know where people like to go around the flag to either cap it, or get in sheltered defensive positions.

One recommendation I can make is fly on a 24/7 server of whatever map you want to get better at and study the map layout before playing, I suggest 24/7 wake as a beginer map, and dalian plant definitly as the advanced map (flying the F-35 obviously) The intermediate map I would say is Kubra Dam, there is alot of cranes and cliff sides to smack into on this map not to mention mobile aa.

Personally I started on Kubra, but that was before there was wake, then I went on to zatar then dalian. I cant stress this enough, run around on the ground to see where people like to hide and camp out on maps, whats a common avenue of aproach to a flag, example, there is a hill top with some aa by the airfield on wake, its like a small bunker between airfield and beach, people always run up that hill and pause for cover at the bunker, strafe the ****e out of it and you will get kills. another is oman, there is a flag at the most south eastern part of the map, the flag capping area is completly open, if that flag goes neutral you can easily bomb it and stop it from going hostile. So, in closing, if you THINK about what you are trying to do in the air, before you start flying you will get alot more accomplished, vs. just flying around doing what comes to you spur of the momment, you will be a much more effective pilot.

on another note, I see alot of people get in jets just to plummet into a tree on take off, I will say this again because it pisses people off to no end and really screws your team:

- LEARN TO FLY ON EMPTY SERVERS FIRST, AND GET YOUR SETTINGS RIGHT FIRST
          - DONT LEARN TO FLY JETS OR HELOS ON A FULL SERVER!!!!
          - THE JET IS NOT A RAPID TRANSPORT FOR SNIPERS TO BAIL OUT OF.
          - DONT TK FOR A JET OR HELO, OR RETURN TKS.
          - DONT TYPE ANSWERS TO ENEMIES TAUNTS WHILE FLYING, YOU WILL DIE.

as for helos the same rules apply dont be the fricken tard whos gunned twice in the helo or flown twice and decide your going to be the hero today on a 64 man server, learn the basics first so your an asset not a liability. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion, but people might get upset when you take the jet over and over to bail out over your favorite sniping spot and/or your not doing much and they just might shoot you, not that its right, to take the jet themselves to maybe do a better job. The jets in this game are hands down the most powerfull single asset, next is helos, then armor. If you squander the 3 assets, your chances of winning are vastly diminished.

Comment

Working...
          X