Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Most that know me will tell you that I suck as sniper. Seriously, unless the guy is layed perfectly still I will miss. Sometimes even then I miss :laugh:

So when I play sniper I always resort to gaywhoring (boo, hiss, burn him) and I used to use the L96A1. I've recently switched to the M24 as I prefer the sound, and now I've realised that I'm actually getting a load more kills. The weapon, to me, seems much more accurate especially at longer rangers, and my shot vs hit percentage has risen too.

So, what have you found out between the two rifles? Or could this be some freak coincidence?

Re: Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

I use the M24 if I'm US, and the L96 if I'm MEC or PLA

Comment

M16 is my new fav gun but for snipers..........mehh i dont use them that much

Comment

I'm an L96 lover. I get the same sort of scores with both the L96 and the M24 but I prefer the L96s smaller presence and echoing noise.

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
          M16 is my new fav gun but for snipers..........mehh i dont use them that much
          Hmm, M16? Do you mean the M24?

Comment

L96 isn't a beginner rifle, it's way too accurate for most begginer snipers.

Where as the M24 has just enough drop to make it easier to hit moving targets. I myself prefer the M24 for that very reason.

And when you're aiming at a stationary target with the M24, aim a bit to the left of the target, the drop should get to them.

Comment

I prefer the M95 the best but as for those 2 rifles I like the M24 better than the L96

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
                I prefer the M95 the best but as for those 2 rifles I like the M24 better than the L96
                Pretty much same.

Comment

The M24sws and the L96A1 both have the same characteristics in BF2. The only difference between the two is the slightly faster reload time the L96A1 has, but who cares for that anyway.

Allmost all the weapons in BF2 have the same velocity (1000) except for the LMG's which have 500. Weapons Chart

Or in other words the bulletdrop for all the Sniper Rifles is the same.
                  So stop making up fictional stories about aiming left and this rifle is more accurate than the next. In BF2 accuracy is a player stat and has nothing to do with the weapons. On weapons its called Deviation.

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                    L96 isn't a beginner rifle, it's way too accurate for most begginer snipers.

Where as the M24 has just enough drop to make it easier to hit moving targets. I myself prefer the M24 for that very reason.

And when you're aiming at a stationary target with the M24, aim a bit to the left of the target, the drop should get to them.
                    It´s always funny how many people feel that weapon XY "drops more" or "is less accurate" when in reality, by looking a the game files, you can see that, in case of M24 and L96A1, their stats are exactly the same (apart from the reload time, which is 5 for L96 and 6 for M24).

Comment

i like the m24 because it has a kick *** reload

Comment

I dont play BF2 anymore,but I choose L96A1

Comment

So stop making up fictional stories about aiming left and this rifle is more accurate than the next. In BF2 accuracy is a player stat and has nothing to do with the weapons. On weapons its called Deviation.
                          Agreed 100%

Much like real life weapons...it's not the weapon itself it's who's behind/controlling it.

Comment

Sorry to piss everyone off, just what I've learned from personal experience.

Comment

I always use the L96 these days, it just feels like the right rifle for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X