No announcement yet.

Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Originally posted by Bloodsport
    Most that know me will tell you that I suck as sniper. Seriously, unless the guy is layed perfectly still I will miss. Sometimes even then I miss :laugh:

So when I play sniper I always resort to gaywhoring (boo, hiss, burn him) and I used to use the L96A1. I've recently switched to the M24 as I prefer the sound, and now I've realised that I'm actually getting a load more kills. The weapon, to me, seems much more accurate especially at longer rangers, and my shot vs hit percentage has risen too.

So, what have you found out between the two rifles? Or could this be some freak coincidence?
    I believe it's all in your mind. Because in when all the skins in CS:Source changed from the older versions, I was instantly better/worse with some guns just because of the skin and sound change. Whether or not there was a stat change on the gun.

Comment

I havn't read the whole post but lets not forget that the m24 can shoot through the cockpit of a heli or jet the l96 can't. I do like the l96 though.

Comment

Most that know me will tell you that I suck as sniper. Seriously, unless the guy is layed perfectly still I will miss. Sometimes even then I miss :laugh:

So when I play sniper I always resort to gaywhoring (boo, hiss, burn him) and I used to use the L96A1. I've recently switched to the M24 as I prefer the sound, and now I've realised that I'm actually getting a load more kills. The weapon, to me, seems much more accurate especially at longer rangers, and my shot vs hit percentage has risen too.

So, what have you found out between the two rifles? Or could this be some freak coincidence?
        i have found the M24 has longer range but the L86A1 is quiter so i preffer the L86, but i suck at sniper anyway

Comment

Originally posted by roucious
          I havn't read the whole post but lets not forget that the m24 can shoot through the cockpit of a heli or jet the l96 can't. I do like the l96 though.
          no the m95 shoots through glass (.50 cal round )

maybe u got ur guns mixed up its cool

also the m95 takes all infantry to 2 bars of hp with a body shot.

on armored infantry l96 and m24 dont,but they are better suited for a headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by SK
            It´s a pretty good bet from my experimenting that bullet drop is calculated by using s = 0.5 * G * t^2 on the Z-axis of the bullet. This means that the flight time of the bullet is the factor that determines the drop. If you fire up or down, the bullet will travel for a longer time to reach the target at a given distance and thus will drop more.
            I allways throw in this table for reference ...

... allthough I need to adjust the numbers in that list a bit. I copied them straight out of a thread of Duck, but the numbers are of in hindsight.

Comment

probably just sign you're getting better
              doubt the gun has to do with it, it's basically the same as L96

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                no the m95 shoots through glass (.50 cal round )

maybe u got ur guns mixed up its cool

also the m95 takes all infantry to 2 bars of hp with a body shot.

on armored infantry l96 and m24 dont,but they are better suited for a headshot.

Um Sorry I had a laps in ummm brains for a sec. That is what ment. Thanks

Comment

For me, it depends on the map....if it's something like Mashtuur I love the l96 but for something like ghost town or warlord I LOVE the m24. M95 is my absolute least favorite due to it's large crosshairs.

Comment

M95 just gets on my nerves.

Comment

The M95 has a very very strange feel to me. Maybe it's the weird bolt animation after you fire, but it feels as if it bounces around when you go back into scope mode after making a shot. This is a feeling to me... For a marksman (not sniper) like me, thats damned annoying, since I can't wait for it to stop.

One can't argue with it's use in Medium Range... If I know I'm going to be fighting against people in 50-100m range, I definitally pick it up, and start plucking them off. Most shots turn into head shots with this beauty, since it's sights are so easy to use when you don't have to worry about Bullet Drop. =)

Comment

I hate the sound, along with the fact anyone within 900 miles knows exactly where you're at after you fire one round. The crosshairs suck, the recoil is crap. The only plus about it is the thru the glass.

Comment

ive never liked the m95 just cuz the crosshairs were so big.

Comment

if im out of ammo on my current kit and happen to pick up a sniper kit and it comes with the m95 i will use the pistol.......................

Comment

Originally posted by SK
                              Guess so. Here:

Magnification 20X normal magnification of M24, the tracer round is visible and centered.
                              Not really a proof. Ill make a couple of screenshots at 8x6 and higher resolutions to show you where the error is.

Actually I said I find it funny how many people see things that aren´t there, like the poster in question saying that the M24 has different bullet drop than the L96A1. This experience is false, which can be demonstrated by looking into the gamefiles.
                              Then its a mistake on my part and I owe you an apology. Throughout the forums a lot of people have been flamed on simply because they share their experience, which in most cases was even proven to be correct. But since I thought you were jumping on him because of the crosshair anomaly, then I figured it was my "civil duty" as a vigilante forum police to "set things right".

Which pictures? In Blade´s Thread they seem to fit pretty much perfectly (Which obviously is not true for all guns, especially the pistols).
                              Actually, they dont. Those pics are made with higher resolution and may throw you off. The true center is misaligned with the crosshairs. Ill do a couple of snapshots today to show you.

Comment

The whole bulletdrop argument is so bleeding old put for good measure I'll repost a post from another forum/thread ...

Stats on both Rifles can be found here --> Weapon-Chart 1.22 <--, made by Black_Duck_1. Original TotalBF2 thread

To sum it up; the M95 does more damage and has less accuracy, the L96A1 does less damage and has an higher accuracy.

BULLETDROP IS THE SAME FOR ALL WEAPONS IN THE GAME

This has allready been confirmed 7 months ago by the people at DICE

It was discussed ages ago on the Total BF2 forums. It began when somebody did tests on bulletdrop on Gulf of Oman and the thread got a lot of peeps replying to it. I think the OP finaly came into contact with somebody at DICE which confirmed the bulletdrop ingame. I found the thread --> Bulletdrop Thread - Total BF2 Forums.

I found the original interview Total BF2-Armando Marini
                                Scroll down for the part on bulletdrop.

Results after testing were as follows ...

Testing again was done by Black_Duck_1.

The results were measured in a level firing field. Ingame you will have to compensate for being either on an higher or lower elevation than your targets position.
                                The New Weapons Chart can be found in our own forum here as a Sticky --> BF2 Weapons Chart (Update: 09/04/2006)

Anybody who is still debating there is a difference between the M24sws and the L96A1 based on his own experience should have his head examined. Seriously there is NO difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X