No announcement yet.

Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm, strange, M24 better then L96A1?

Idk about all of you... but with an L96A1 it seems anything over 50m I have to aim slightly high to compensate for bullet drop...

Anything like... 300m ... I have to aim like a head or two above them.

The M24 @ 50m I can aim straight at their head and kill them (no drop)... same with 100... and 200. Of course like 300 there is drop.. but to me it feels like the L96A1 has alot more bullet drop than the M24 and the M24's bullet seems to travel faster.

I probably am imagining it.. but even though the stats show them pretty much the same... there has to be something different cause I know i'm not crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
      and my shot vs hit percentage has risen too.
      or more simply put, "accuracy"

i think they are pretty equal though. i just hate the m95 because every shot sounds like a car is being blown up by your ears

Comment

L96A1 is a very good gun to use
        and yes, the weapon dont mean anything, its the persons that is holding it

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
          Idk about all of you... but with an L96A1 it seems anything over 50m I have to aim slightly high to compensate for bullet drop...

Anything like... 300m ... I have to aim like a head or two above them.

The M24 @ 50m I can aim straight at their head and kill them (no drop)... same with 100... and 200. Of course like 300 there is drop.. but to me it feels like the L96A1 has alot more bullet drop than the M24 and the M24's bullet seems to travel faster.

I probably am imagining it.. but even though the stats show them pretty much the same... there has to be something different cause I know i'm not crazy.
          from my own experience(currently @ 3.71 KD with sniper rifle w/76 hours) there is no drop at any point in time, for every meter you step back your view perspective widens or sumthing. basically saying the farther away you are the more it will "seem" like your adjusting your aim, when technically the only factor is the position of the crosshair which, as you get farther back will need to move up to keep the same spot aimed at.

another way of explaining it. Your crosshair on the scope never changes size, no matter the distance. So in order to maintain a relevant position it will "appear" as you are aiming above the person because they have gotten smaller, but you crosshairs never change.

The M24's "pop" is kinda sekzy, but is no means any more/less powerful than the l96.

metallica I hate to say it, but you might be crazy. Hell I'm right there along with you tho, because if i didnt have the numbers, i would suggest a difference to. But, if you REALLY compare them, you will see a difference, but its all in your head.

I tried to make sense, but I'm not sure if i did.

Comment

The L96 is the compromise between the M24and the Barratt. Withthe best best from both weapons and leaving the worst for the birds.

Personally i much prefer the l96, but the m24 is a good alternative. It's even better on Special forces! The red cross hair looks much better too.

Comment

there's no drop, just blow their f*cking brains out

and i prefer the l96 because the sound is divine

Comment

The only differences that set the M24 and the L96A1 apart are:

The scopes:

- The L9A61 has very thin black markers.
                - The M24 has very fat dark red markers.

The sounds:

- The L9A61 is very quiet.
                - The M24 is very loud.

The reload time:

- The L9A61 has a 5 second reload.
                - The M24 has a 6 second reload.

Why do I use the L9A61 over the M24?

- The M24 scope is too fat for my liking. It's easier for me personally to line up shots when I can actually see the head of my enemy.

- One second can be life or death for a Designated Marksman like me since I'm 'always' in the thick of battle. To you, a faster reload time may not seem important, but it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman80
                  The L96 is the compromise between the M24and the Barratt. Withthe best best from both weapons and leaving the worst for the birds.
                  Eh ... the M24 and the L96 are identical, the M95 does double the damage and has a greater deviation when compared to the M24/L96.

Originally posted by fate0521
                  there's no drop, just blow their f*cking brains out
                  and i prefer the l96 because the sound is divine
                  I guess reading isnt mandatory anymore in schools

Comment

Originally posted by SK
                    ItĀ“s always funny how many people feel that weapon XY "drops more" or "is less accurate" when in reality, by looking a the game files, you can see that, in case of M24 and L96A1, their stats are exactly the same (apart from the reload time, which is 5 for L96 and 6 for M24).
                    Bullet drop is one thing, but the actual, correct center of aim for the M24 is slightly lower and to the right from the one displayed on the crosshair. So in this case, the guys experience was spot on, and you just made a joke out of yourself. Next time you jump on someones throat, think about being wrong.

VEThrifty, youre probably the first player to notice the slight bug with pure experience on M24. Screenshots with Crosshair crosshair drawing program show a lot of guns being "inaccurate" even on the default crosshair level.

Comment

He is the first to post about it, maybe ... there is a difference there

Comment

Well this is what I've found after playing again, and taking into consideration of what has been said in this thread.

This was the perfect example of what difference I found and also something that players can place themselves into as I'm sure most have been in the situation. I've been playing sniper a lot recently as I need the hours so I'm eligible for expert.

I was on karkand and we were in the old "river fight" scenario on the 32 player map. I was first using the L96A1 and a few times when I was aiming at someones head (well slightly above) across the way and fired I miss. this happened about 80% of the time and I found that I was having to aim a bit off to get a hit. Whereas with the M24 I was just aiming where I would with a normal rifle and I was piling in the headshots and went on a kill streak of 10 or something.

Both instances I was firing from the same place to the higher level near where the MEC arty is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          So in this case, the guys experience was spot on, and you just made a joke out of yourself. Next time you jump on someones throat, think about being wrong.
                          Guess what, I actually thought quite a bit about being wrong, and didnĀ“t even stop there (like most people do), but tested all that stuff myself, resulting in the "proof of bullet drop" thread here on TotalBF2.
                          Even with 20X normal magnification there is no deviation to the left or right, as can be seen here:

So unless you have any proof of your claims please stop the craptalking.

Comment

I use the SVD for MEC usally depends were I'm sniping and the m95 everywhere in between.

Comment

I'm with Jemme and SK on this one.

The M24 doesn't appear to be off by any standards, and the L9A61 doesn't feel to be anymore accurate than the M24.

Instead, the only thing that puts me off is the fat crosshair markers on the M24's scope. The L9A61 features sleek thin black ones, rather than the clunky red ones. For me personally it's easier to line up a headshot when I can actually see my enemy's head.

Comment

M24 - USMC
                                L96A1 or SVD - MEC or Type 88 - China
                                M95 - Maps with heli's or cars (M95 has 195 damage on vehicles and can take a chopper out in 8 shots) and can shoot through glass.

I've got 180 hours as sniper and still change my mind every now and again. But M24 gets my vote at the mo

Comment

Working...
                                X