People Quitting BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: People Quitting BF2

Already people are starting to return to BF2, after being dissapointed with BF2142.

The RPG elements aren't enough to mask the glaring problems that BF2142 has. (My most hated is the movement of Titans...)

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
      atleast you dont have to pay monthly bills for BF2, and well xfire isnt accurate as not everyone use's it
      includes me

yes. 30 servers, 2 populated, kark and jelly, full of tards

Comment

To the OP, be lucky you have 3 ranked servers..
        there are 8 in thailand, 7 empty, 1 full all the time...
        why? jalalabad servers...
        another reason, the full server = IO = high points.

Comment

My server is always choka block full.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Ad
            but isnt that data cap for anything? i mean it doesnt use any more or less data for you to play on a portuguese server than it would to play on say, a german or even a US server... the ping would suck more but youd use the same amount of data playing anywhere in the world.

Perhaps your fellow players are just going elsewhere?
            You have 1 gig of international downloads and 20 gigs of national downloads so people prefer to play in national server...and also the servers are from the main ISP provider, so the pings are vey good.

Comment

Honestly I have for the most part left BF2 but thats just because the gameplay and intensity of Operation Peace Keeper, POE2, and BF2142 are more my cup of tea. I appriciate BF2 but it kinda plays slow to me now, besideds the maps kinda got boring because everyone started to figure out how to win them and the games became predictable for the most part. Capture the TV station on Sharqi for instance..

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                It is probably calculated based on some kind of average.

grena, I've just queried EA's master server and it says that there are 7 BF2 servers from Portugal.
                Entretanto, apenas um ranked. E está vazio.
                LOL, nice one. Your Portuguese is perfect.
                The other servers are clan servers that we use to do wars or to run mods.
                Two of the servers are from my clan AVPTK.

Comment

Originally posted by Horza
                  Seems to me there's been a definite thinning of population on servers in Australia since the BF2142 demo came out
                  To be honest... I really haven't noticed. There are always full servers that I want to play on. Granted, I don't play 64 player servers, so perhaps that's where the lack is coming from.

But last night being a typical night, it was difficult to find a good 32 player server that had four slots free for us to play. There were at least five full ones that I would like to have joined... so I joined a server with 15 players... and it filled up to max in about five minutes.

Comment

hmmm... I just got BF2142, and i'm still playing BF2.

Comment

Did all of you posting xfire stats miss this little tidbit,

Originally posted by Scinto
                      atleast you dont have to pay monthly bills for BF2, and well xfire isnt accurate as not everyone use's it
                      Use it, hell I don't even have it installed. As far as that goes I would be willing to bet that somewhere between 25-50% of the people playing BF2 (or any game for that matter) either don't have xfire installed or if it is installed running while they're playing, or have never even heard of it.

So tell me how do those xfire stats even have any bearing on reality at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X