People Quitting BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Quitting BF2

In my country there where 3 Ranked servers wich hosted bf2, and they were allways full...after a while only 2 were normally populated...now there is only one with people playing in it and is isn´t full.
    This means that at least here in Portugal more than 2/3 of the players quited BF2.
    Is this a Worldwide trend or just here?
    What is happening in your servers of choice?

P.S. - I posted this after reading EC-Paulus post...

Re: People Quitting BF2

Originally posted by grena
    In my country there where 3 Ranked servers wich hosted bf2, and they were allways full...after a while only 2 were normally populated...now there is only one with people playing in it and is isn´t full.
    This means that at least here in Portugal more than 2/3 of the players quited BF2.
    Is this a Worldwide trend or just here?
    What is happening in your servers of choice?

P.S. - I posted this after reading EC-Paulos post...
    I think you set your filers wrong..

Servers:
    [afbeelding]

Players:
    [afbeelding]

Comment

or they play on different servers because the others are empty because maybe 1/3 of people stopped playing and they cant be bothered to have "gamewill start when x number of players join".

Comment

Originally posted by Saluca
        I think you set your filers wrong..

Servers:
        [afbeelding]

Players:
        [afbeelding]
        I´m comparing the players that played this game in the last 6-7 months not in the last days...I´m not saying the problem is BF2142.

And the 3 servers were allways packed, now there is only one and has allways some slot available.

P.S. - In Portugal we pay an extra fee if you use too much international trafic, so we try to play in our own servers before playing in servers hosted in other countries.

Comment

How come you have to pay for going on stuff hosted outside portugal?

Comment

There might be a communications tariff there. I did not know the EU allowed that.

Comment

The servers I played BF 2 on before the release of 2142 are still packed full every night. I don't see any difference on the ones I'm playing on.

Comment

I'll continue to play bf2. there are still hundreds of servers to chose from and I don't feel like playing a futuristic game like bf2142. I like the modern war far but not that modern

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  There might be a communications tariff there. I did not know the EU allowed that.
                  The ISP's/Telcoms are probably pulling off the same "oh i didnt know it was against the law" act Microsoft did when it violated the EU Anti-trust laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD
                    The ISP's/Telcoms are probably pulling off the same "oh i didnt know it was against the law" act Microsoft did when it violated the EU Anti-trust laws.
                    what's the phrase? "ignorance of the law doesn't excuse you"

Reminds me of the bash.org quote:

docsigma2000: jesus christ man
                    docsigma2000: my son is sooooooo dead
                    c8info: Why?
                    docsigma2000: hes been looking at internet web sites in ****ing EUROPE
                    docsigma2000: HE IS SURFING LONG DISTANCE
                    docsigma2000: our ****ing phone bill is gonna be nuts
                    c8info: Ooh, this is bad. Surfing long distance adds an extra $69.99 to your bill per hour.
                    docsigma2000: ...!!!!!! **** **** ****
                    docsigma2000: is there some plan we can sign up for???
                    docsigma2000: cuz theres some cool stuff in europe, but i dun wanna pauy that much
                    c8info: Sorry, no. There is no plan. you'll have to live with it.
                    docsigma2000: o well, i ccan live without europe intenet sites.
                    docsigma2000: but till i figure out how to block it hes sooooo dead
                    c8info: By the way, I'm from Europe, your chatting long distance.
                    ** docsigma2000 has quit (Connection reset by peer)

Comment

It beat Wow, that's all that matters.
                      xfire: chodda
                      steam: w0ofz

Comment

Yeah, my country has 6 servers, and I've noticed a steady decrease in the numbers as well.

While it used to be all 6 full, now it's hardly every you see 4 full chock a block. Normally it's one full and one at about 75% and one with , say, 10 people on it.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda

It beat Wow, that's all that matters.
                          Not necessarily true:

Xfire is a leading entertainment outlet, covering the latest gaming, film, TV, wrestling and fandom news, producing invaluable guides for your favorite games and shows, and writing thought provoking feature articles.

Top games (Game - Minutes played)

World of Warcraft 8,790,535
                          Counter-Strike Source 5,769,738
                          Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer 4,270,973
                          Battlefield 2142 1,801,387
                          Counter-Strike 1.6 1,776,705
                          Battlefield 2 1,756,694

Comment

Yeah but the world knows that 99% of WoW players have mental problems. First off, the game is some friggin' fairy land with elves and wizards who cast spells and sht, secondly, the game is huge and those quests or whatever that they go on take forever, so they play for days at a time... a.k.a. they don’t leave the computer for days at a time... a.k.a. they have no social life.
                            xfire: chodda
                            steam: w0ofz

Comment

I dont see how it is possible that in a few days the combined total of people playng 2142 can excede the total of everyone palying BF2 in over a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X