Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicles Or No Vehicles... That's the question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicles Or No Vehicles... That's the question ???

from what i have skim through the treads, it seems that all it boils down to is the map itself(or what i think it should be)

picture this:
    you are in a absurbly big map(e.g road to jalalabad or shonghua slatemate). if you were to set IO mode in these maps, it is 1 hell of the walking time before you can see your enemies. and when you die, it goes back to square 1(to ur base spawn point)

But,
    if that fight becomes close quarter in IO mode(e.g iron gator in SF or the city in mashturre), ur walking time is not so long and u got 1 hell of a action fighting the other side instead of surveying the whole map(the army does not need professional surveyor to check how many trees are there in 1 particular battlefield). as an added bonus, close-quarter-combat(cqc) is hell for armor and helis since they are not so agile in these environment(im not sure about the helis though, possible hell could be limited kill area. mostly do not applies to professional armor/heli drivers)

However,
    the map that is rather messy is the strike at karkand. with a combination of long roads and cqc combat i belived the USMC has a problematic time trying gain a foothold in the city. since you require armor/transport to get around the city fast enough to get a spawn point.

Conclusion:
    it is and will going to be the server discretion to decides whether there is IO mode or not in their server. However, knowledge of the map feature will help enhance gameplay and if you dun liked the map your playing, you can always play in a map you liked...

Comment

Well, IMO, they should have specific IO-only maps, with lots of flags in a close area.

If you have to walk long distances then it becomes to much sniping and nading.

-

Comment

That is why you have favorites. I have lots of servers on my favorites, and besides the infrantry only mode is great. Now on Karkand, you do not get spawn killed at the hotel by tanks. Now,it takes skill to stay around the spawn point, if you can get there at this.

Comment

I've got to say that I prefer vehicle servers over IO servers, but IO has some good points. The infantry combat on many maps in IO is far more intense than if their vehicles driving around. However, the thing I like most about IO is no arty. Believe it or not, not everyone plays IO for the stats. I've gotten into some squads in an IO server thats gone around capping and defending flags, and it's so damn nice to be able to cap or defend a flag without artillery raining down on your constantly.

Comment

Working...
          X