Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked fromserver for using a sniper rifle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kicked fromserver for using a sniper rifle...

Hey Chickydo, good attitude dude. Those guys who just let rip at you should have stopped to think that maybe a warning given that you only have 5000 points would have been sufficient.

Comment

Uhh, most of us wouldn't look at his stats first...

Comment

r0fl i love noob admins who think their LEET!

Comment

Don't you just love the irony?

He comes here and post about being kicked from a server for using a sniper rifle, is told to report the server admin for admin abuse. Then he comes back and tells us he was kicked agian in the same day from another server, this time a Pistol, knife ad stat pad server.

He complains when someone else cheats, but its ok when he does.

I know then next post will be about how he didn't know the rules. So what? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Its every players responsibility to know the rules governing each individual game they play.

Lets say I jump onto a No Jihad server. It's posted in the scrolls but I don't see it, or it hasn't scrolled yet. I place C4 on a jeep and take out a tank. It just so happens the admin is in the tank. Is it the server admins fault that I didn't read or see the rule for no Jihad, or is it mine for not finding out the rules before hand or durring? I submit it's my fault. Granted A warning might be the best method of dealing with both cases (Jihad, and here).

Isn't that what just happened in this thread though? Didn't Chickydo just get a warning from almost everyone that post in this thread? If he learns from it then great, I hope he has. Every indication is that he has learned, and won't visit another Knifle, Pistol, Stat padding only server.

Chickydo, Learn from this. Stat padders are as bad as abusive admin and ther cheats as far as I'm concerned. Personally I wish EA was more proactive in taking away the ranked ststus of servers that have abusive admin as well as those Knife, Pistol, and highpoints servers. Anyway, Good luck with the game and have fun. After all a game is there to have fun with.

Comment

KP servers will never go away, less KP server = less money for EA

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Xodus
              KP servers will never go away, less KP server = less money for EA
              I agree. However, We don't have to like it.

I have seen 2 knife, Pistol only servers lose their ranked status, but it took about 3 months for t to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ABN_RGR
                Don't you just love the irony?

He comes here and post about being kicked from a server for using a sniper rifle, is told to report the server admin for admin abuse. Then he comes back and tells us he was kicked agian in the same day from another server, this time a Pistol, knife ad stat pad server.

He complains when someone else cheats, but its ok when he does.

I would say his orignal post was not a complaint but an amusing story. the chap seems quite chilled about the whole thing

I know then next post will be about how he didn't know the rules. So what? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Its every players responsibility to know the rules governing each individual game they play.

What kind of person would spend time researching the rules of a computer game before playing it? Can you really tell me that you knew about the ROE before your first game? I'm pretty sure most people don't even read the instruction booklet

Chickydo, Learn from this. Stat padders are as bad as abusive admin and ther cheats as far as I'm concerned. Personally I wish EA was more proactive in taking away the ranked ststus of servers that have abusive admin as well as those Knife, Pistol, and highpoints servers. Anyway, Good luck with the game and have fun. After all a game is there to have fun with.

I really don't understand this. Firstly - look at this guy. Clearly stat padding was the last thing on his mind. He just wanted to have some fun. Thats probably why he bought the game - to have some fun. Secondly - if people are stat padding in a server that you are not even interested in, why does it upset you so much? All it means is they are not interupting a game where people are playing properly. Seriously - how does this effect your enjoyment of the game?
                Just my thoughts - but everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Comment

Yeah, there is always going to be issues with servers and admins. We dont have to like it, we just wont play on the crappy servers with smacktard admins.
                  Hey....someone should start a thread about the worst servers with the worst admins.....we can do the top 100 places not to play! (any takers?)

I was actually kicked by an admin the other night for a negative score!! It was not my fault that FF was on and my own teammates were blatently running over my mines (which by the way were in plain site in the middle of the road)...lol So I had -18 score, I was still having fun, until the smacktard admin kicked me.....then I got pissed!!

So who's up for it???? Worse 100 servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantbstard
                    What kind of person would spend time researching the rules of a computer game before playing it? Can you really tell me that you knew about the ROE before your first game? I'm pretty sure most people don't even read the instruction booklet
                    well to add to your comment,

Would a person spend time to read the Server rules while the game is loading, as it would state what is or isnt allowed and if the OP was on a server that stated that then one should pay more attention?

both are rules and both need to be followed the only difference being one is harsher than the other if its broken

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
                      So who's up for it???? Worse 100 servers.
                      Sure, could get quite a few hits...and guys, im really sorry for starting this discussion (debate?/argument?/flame war?) , my view on this, BF2 is a game, I have owned it since release, but why do I only have 5,000 points do you say? Because I know its only a game, seriously, gping jogging or cycling, or playnig football, joining a club any other recreational activity other than games playing most of the time does some good, I would rather be average at a game,have loads of friends (not clan mates that you've never met in real life) than sit on my chair for ages, getting a DVT (Deep Vain Thrombosis) whilst screaming at my screen Die! Mame! Kill! Destroy! whilst driving a virtual tank...this all IMHO, getting angry at something that DOES NOT MATTER never solved anything...

Chickydo a.k.a HyBrId

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                        well to add to your comment,

Would a person spend time to read the Server rules while the game is loading, as it would state what is or isnt allowed and if the OP was on a server that stated that then one should pay more attention?

both are rules and both need to be followed the only difference being one is harsher than the other if its broken
                        I'm not sure I understand you, but forgive me if I am being dumb. The OP stated in his original post that there were no server rules indicating that the use of the sniper rifle was forbidden and i think there is a big difference between the ROE which many people know nothing about and server rules which you are forced to sit and read (sometimes for what seems like a very long time...).

I must however apologise. The way i inserted red text into someone elses post looked very agressive. It wasn't meant to be, I just wasn't sure how to take several quotes to comment on.

Edit: Sorry Chickydo - just read your post trying to stop the thread and realised that i probably should not have made this post. However it was worth it for my apology. Made me feel better.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand you, but forgive me if I am being dumb. The OP stated in his original post that there were no server rules indicating that the use of the sniper rifle was forbidden and i think there is a big difference between the ROE which many people know nothing about and server rules which you are forced to sit and read (sometimes for what seems like a very long time...).
                          I must however apologise. The way i inserted red text into someone elses post looked very agressive. It wasn't meant to be, I just wasn't sure how to take several quotes to comment on.

Meh, don't you worry- dumb admins do dumb things. I probably would have had a ball using the support machinegun or mounted machine gun to mow them all down for fun while they 'innocently' run around in circles trying to stab each other.

The red font was pretty.
                          People should post more in different colours.

lol :P

Comment

Edit: Sorry Chickydo - just read your post trying to stop the thread and realised that i probably should not have made this post. However it was worth it for my apology. Made me feel better.
                            Its really no problem, I don't honestly mind about any of this...seems that qutie a few people do though

Comment

Originally posted by [BGC] Chickydo
                              Its really no problem, I don't honestly mind about any of this...seems that qutie a few people do though
                              Meh, people complain about anything and everything these days. Even I'm complaining about complaining.

Comment

I don't think people take it as seriously as it sometimes seems. Some people just like a good argument. To others, its a good distraction from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X