Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why no one follows squad orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone explain why no one follows squad orders?

For the most part I don't follow commander orders because even though they have an overview they are either completely inexperienced or have no sense of proportion and terrain. I've wasted 135 hours of my life commanding so I can comfortably say I've got a good idea what needs to be done to win. And I do that. We've all had the commander who if they ever give orders, it's only to go to the back of the map and repair their blown assets.

I can usually recognize a good commander when I have one too (VOIP a must). Those are the only ones I follow because otherwise we're better of engaging in missions I give myself.

Comment

To the O.P.........

What's probably happening is the SL is accepting orders from a commander then just running off to the next cappable area of conflict.

That's why your the only one left behind. You were the last to wander off. You should feel proud that you tried to follow orders.

Be happy that you had a commander or SL (if that was the case) who actually puts the purple shield up. That's a rarity in this game.

Most commanders are point and click people. Spawn goes white, or is taken, send some one there. Squad caps spawn, send the squad immediately to aforementioned situation. It's like running around stamping out fires.

If the other team does the same, it's litterally serendipity who will win the round. It's like musical chairs, at some point the tickets are going to run down and you'll be the team that doesn't have a place to sit (bleeding).

As for way points.

You can command a squad to "Move to this postition". You can also place defend and attack on any portion of the map , it doesn't always have to be a spawn point. I do it on Wake, and move my guys to the outer most points of the island, then I find a safe spot so if we get nuked, or bombed, they don't have to run back to the point from the villages.

Hang out in servers you like. Get Qtracker and get the names of people who play the way you like on it's Player Watch function. Stock them if you have to, play where they play. Get them to do the same.

Repairs Across the other side of Map.

I ask one of my squad members to fix assets when they die. They can spawn close to where the repairs are needed, and help the commander out. I don't move the whole squad in that direction. If you like actually "playing" BF2, and not racking a good K/D ratio or going for badges, sometimes it's a nice change of pace to go and crank a wrench on something. I accept the order so the squad can see the location that needs repairs and the commander knows we'll do the job.Then set my own agenda with another order, or ask for additional ones from the commander. I don't leave the wrench orders on everyone's map, that's a one or two man job that's already been assigned and is being taken care of.

Not to mention I don't have a engineer very often in the squad (not as much as other kits), so sometimes you need a death to switch kits and take care of assets.

What to do?

Hang out in servers you like. Get Qtracker and get the names of people who play the way you like, on it's Player Watch function/option. Stock them if you have to, play where they play. Get them to do the same. Hell put me in your Player Watch and find my squad of regulars.

Anyone who hangs back and defends while his squad runs off is welcome on my team. At least with us we're all on the same page, win or lose.

Comment

I'd say that you should play PRMM if you would like some more realism than VBF2 and you want teamwork, points don't matter in PRMM. You will die within 30 seconds if you don't use teamwork and every time you die your spawn time is increased by 1 second, so people don't just charge machine gun fire to get those 2 revives over there, they'll call in support, get something to take out the MG, then revive (revive time is much longer). Nearly everybody uses VoIP.

Comment

Originally posted by M4Assault
          ^^U don't have to leave & make a new 1. U can still lock the squad after making it by clicking the lock button. Then just kik the non teamplayers in manage squad.
          yea I know but sometimes I just dont feel like kicking people out so I just leave and make a new one, I usually lock the squad right away but sometimes I forget

Comment

Working...
          X