• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 will live longer than 2142?

so the craft fly like dreams then, joy

Comment

Originally posted by colony
      Yea well with the aircraft in this game, right now it looks like i'll easily get more points doing infantry and titan work.

Then again, you get bonuses every 5-10 kill streak when retail comes out, so I'll have to see
      You make it sound like a career?
      You going to buy it if you get bonus points?????? WOW m8 you got some serious issues :hmm:

2142 is uber pants..... points or not!
      Ill stick with the fun/wow factor of BF2 well before any points are involved in 2142

I mean OMFG :cry:

Comment

BF2 will out-last 2142 without any effort. Battlefield Vietnam ring a bell?

Comment

I preordered because beta 1 was fun. I'm disappointed with the aircraft now in the demo, but infantry is still fun, and I cant get a refund anyway. Might as well make the most of it and gain rank as fast as I can.

Comment

Although I have said that I will never buy the game, and I won't especially after my experience, I did try the demo, but then again, I tried the Land of the Dead demo as well and found it to be far superior to BF2142 after just the first few minutes of playing each.

After downloading, installing and finally setting up my account I loaded into a map and noticed an unusually long load time compared to BF2 (even taking into consideration the shader optimizations) (unknown which one... just found a server with a decent ping of 65).

I spawned, ran to the nearest control point and capped it. While I was busy standing there capping the control point I looked around to take in the sites. The game was laggy with the default audio and video settings, compared to BF2 which I run on high settings for both with no issue. As I turned my screen studdered, paused, hung then played catch up. I know this isn't my machine, because after I left the game I loaded BF2 and played two rounds glitch free (on a server where I had a whopping 115 ping).

The graphics were lackluster to say the least. This is not like making a comparison of Doom II to Doom 3 but more of a comparison of a color picture of a rainbow and black and white picture of a rainbow, it lacked a lot of life. Now this may have been the developer's intent, but I want eye candy not eye sore.

As soon as the control point was captured I get the famous BF2 1.3 Connection Issues Message and fifteen seconds later I dropped from the server. I reconnected to the server, in case the server crashed, and low and behold, the same game was still running (people still had 20 points and such meaning no server crash, but game crash on my machine.)

I immediately quit the game, uninstalled the demo, deleted the install package and launched BF2. I know now, what I knew before I played... This game is about as useless as a penis on a eunuch.

I gave it a go... a fair try in my eyes. I won't play a game that is the equivilent of BF2 v1.3. I waited too long for them to release 1.4 and vow to never return.

I once claimed that the 1.3 patch was to be the death of Battlefield, now I know that it will be BF2142. If you have any reservations about downloading BF2142 because of your experience with 1.3, don't waste the zero's and ones. Anyone who hates the stats system of BF2, let me tell you this, there are over 40 unlocks with this game, many of which are tied to stats and others that are tied to team play... Stat-padding will remain a thorn in your side with BF2142.

So with that said, I will close with this:

It is strictly my opinion, but I believe that while BF2 will never be the most superior Battlefield game out there, BF1942 holds that title and will continue to do so for several years, it will always remain superior to BF2142.

Thanks for your time. Peace.

Comment

My roomate is trying to play it since it came out but it keeps CTD after 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by [XA]cLuEdArT
                If I wanted to play some gay futuristic feeling game, I'd install Halo.
                no doubt.

Comment

50% download
                  carnt be arsed

Comment

If you preoreded this piece of crap god help you. Everything is bad about this. Extreme lag while fighting in titan. Guns are under powered and CANT HIT **** you can stand perfectly still and let the cross hair go bunch up and shoot and it will come no where near where the center is incept for the support which they ****ed up again seeing now how support is more accurate than the assault class. You have to unlock grenades you cant start with them. Snipers dont do squat but sway all around. Punk buster kicks you out for no reason at all on servers. The titan guns are bugged you can fire 1 shot and it will give a sound for all 8 shots firing then you click again and the other 7 will come out with no sound. You can still get stuck in titan. Gun Ships will still fall through titan. Battle walkers will tend to slide and not walk. Servers are extremely unstable. The client will disconnect you randomly and lose connection. When a titan blows up your sound will crackle because the sound was put together so bad. Well that pretty much somes up the first map of bugs. Have fun canceling your pre orders unless you bought from EA and now you cant

Comment

From all the responses here, i think we can safely say BF2 will still be here, going strong long after 2142 has died
                      If we wanted futuristic stuff we would NOT be here!
                      We like modern combat, ie the Battlefield series..... until now!
                      In my mind, and many others 2142 will fail because of this fact

Comment

why did the podcast tell us this ws gr8 thats what i want to know.
                        these lads are ment to keep us informed not get us to pay for crap.
                        i seen what ppl on the beta had to say about this game .
                        even lo EA told them not to let any info out now we know why.
                        walkers are crap and so is the game as a rule .
                        but if you go by the podcast its all gr8 and you should all rush out and get it.
                        but then they would say that wouldnt they .
                        i just hope their getting paid at the end of the week for telling us such bull crap.
                        mods will keep BF2 going long after this this bull has rotted away .
                        Originally posted by NYC
                        Im running everything on high in 2142, and it runs perfect! I like 2142, its a good game, im just not a fan of futuristic stuff cause im an old fashion type of guy. I LOVE the freakin battlewalkers! Those things are baaaadass. Theres alot of people playing just the demo, and the other maps are pretty good looking. Freakin snow in berlin, how cool is that gonna be.
                        hey man im from Strabane N,Ireland and we get snow how cool is that not very .
                        what you think they get its an ice age after all somebody get him a atlass.
                        hey man snow iv never seen snow in a crapy game before plz rush me my coppy now.
                        and i dont care the walkers are total crap wheres the damn mechs thats what i want to know.
                        its just a crapy tank that walks badly YAY and snow what more could you want from a game you already paid for LMAO...

Comment

2142 will fail.

I expect BF2 to have a much larger player count and remain that way for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                            HAHAHH!! Good twist on words....
                            Read the thread and see how easy the words where 'untwisted'

Comment

I sure hope that BF2 lives longer than 2142. This future thing just wont be popular.

Comment

D'loaded the demo.
                                Installed the demo.
                                Played the demo.
                                Uninstalled the demo.
                                Playing BF2.
                                Need I say anymore?!

Comment

Working...
                                X