Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proud of my Purple Heart!

You can get more than one ?

I have one, which was legitimately earned on my second or third round. 40 years old, new to gaming, new to BF2 and new to FPS. I now average a .5 kd ratio, but the good thing is that I watch it climb with virtually every game. Most games I get about 1:1 kd ratio, so I doubt I will earn any more purple hearts.

The medal rack would have had to be filled if I had not got it by accident.

Comment

Funny age to start, may I ask how you discoverd gaming?

Comment

There's lots of reasons to get purple hearts:
        Playing spec-ops and tying up enemy assets
        Playing medic and concentrating on revives
        Playing engineer and hanging around armor/assets
        Etc, etc.

With as many people as there are with BF2 accounts, I doubt that someone is going to go and look mine up, just to laugh at my purple heart, ya know? I'm actually suprised I don't have more, being as I normally fire the game up once I get home from the bar.

Comment

lol i got my purple heart on purpose...i wanted more medals

Comment

Originally posted by Major Culo
            I think all this hearsay about having a purple heart in BF2 means u suck or that it is not a medal to have is WRONG!

Having a purple heart means that you are not quitter,just like the real one. Even when peeps were base raping an uncappable with a pair of J10's, dropping arty, cartillery and blocking with supplies I still hung in there and stuck my chest out when the game gave me a purple heart.

And I am willing to bet that these people that claim to be "stat gods" proclaiming that they are so good and never got a purple heart have exited a game knowing they were comming close to a 5/20 kill death ratio.

I've got a few Purple Heart awards because I tenaciously defended a base, and helped the team win, since I held it the entire round. I was bombarded by artillery constantly, run over, tanked, j10-ed, etc, but they couldn't take the base. Also, since I play as an anti-tanker a lot, I get more deaths than I should fighting against tanks and choppers. I get my satisfaction in the game by knowing I helped my team win by not allowing the enemy to take the flag. I'm usually alone though, would be nice to get some more players into holding the flags, after all, thats how you win. Holding them. Not running from flag to flag capping, and the enemy following you and capping them back with no resistance whatsoever.

Comment

Then again- the previous few statements made me feel differently about the Purple Heart medal... I suppose if you really put your heart out to contribute to your team; and of course- suffer much from it; I guess the Purple Heart is more honorary than most other awards.

Originally posted by ent|ty
              I've got a few Purple Heart awards because I tenaciously defended a base, and helped the team win, since I held it the entire round. I was bombarded by artillery constantly, run over, tanked, j10-ed, etc, but they couldn't take the base. Also, since I play as an anti-tanker a lot, I get more deaths than I should fighting against tanks and choppers. I get my satisfaction in the game by knowing I helped my team win by not allowing the enemy to take the flag. I'm usually alone though, would be nice to get some more players into holding the flags, after all, thats how you win. Holding them. Not running from flag to flag capping, and the enemy following you and capping them back with no resistance whatsoever.
              True... I remember commanding a team on Zatar (32player)- where the map was big, but the numbers were slim... so I asked for volunteers to hold flags and defend... no one did- so I had to take it their way; and instead command them from flag to flag, advising on which next flag had better conditions to capture; we did win... but by such a slim margin, we may as well have lost... (the enemy team did have two squads holding and defending- it took lots of tenacious artillery strikes to disperse them effectively, along with the poor teamwork of my team... it was bloody difficult).

Comment

Originally posted by Major Culo
                I think all this hearsay about having a purple heart in BF2 means u suck or that it is not a medal to have is WRONG!

Having a purple heart means that you are not quitter,just like the real one. Even when peeps were base raping an uncappable with a pair of J10's, dropping arty, cartillery and blocking with supplies I still hung in there and stuck my chest out when the game gave me a purple heart.

And I am willing to bet that these people that claim to be "stat gods" proclaiming that they are so good and never got a purple heart have exited a game knowing they were comming close to a 5/20 kill death ratio.

haha i may be a noob. I killed 5 peeps. Became antitank killed my self 20 times!
                WALA prple heart

Comment

Originally posted by *DEAD*
                  haha i may be a noob. I killed 5 peeps. Became antitank killed my self 20 times!
                  WALA prple heart
                  Oh, come on... thats GOTTA be stat padding!

Comment

Working...
                  X