Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claymore solution

Originally posted by ABN_RGR
    Making the clays only work within the Snipers radius will only be viable under 2 conditions 1. make C4 only work from a radius as well. 2. Make both C4 and Clays recoverable by the person using their kits.
    I totally agree.

Comment

Increase the arming time, and fail if the sniper gets killed before then?

I still don't see how exactly making them destroyable is so woefully problematic. Even when they were destroyable, was any smart sniper ever stabbed off a rooftop when he heard a loud BANG a few feet behind him? The problem for using them for other purposes was detonating on teammates, which was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
        Increase the arming time, and fail if the sniper gets killed before then?

I still don't see how exactly making them destroyable is so woefully problematic. Even when they were destroyable, was any smart sniper ever stabbed off a rooftop when he heard a loud BANG a few feet behind him? The problem for using them for other purposes was detonating on teammates, which was fixed.
        Claymores were too fragile and rarely survived long enough to do their jobs. And yes, they kill teammates if something else sets them off (even now).

Comment

tk <3

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
            Claymores were too fragile and rarely survived long enough to do their jobs.
            Then the solution is to fix the ****ing collision code, the engine can trace bullets properly so I'm sure they can write the 3 lines of code or so to do a line trace from the explosion origin to the claymore.

Too fragile to do their job? I assume their "job" was designed to involve some degree of HIDING IT, not sticking it in the middle of a well-travelled location where people can stare at the thing all day and not do a damn thing about it.

Comment

i would LOVE to be able to pick claymores back up. when i'm capping a flag i'll usually cover my *** with them, but they have to stay there to not cover my *** at a later point. you're usually guaranteed a kill with one at a flag, but i'd rather not get knifed on a rooftop

Comment

Originally posted by fknlo
                i would LOVE to be able to pick claymores back up. when i'm capping a flag i'll usually cover my *** with them, but they have to stay there to not cover my *** at a later point. you're usually guaranteed a kill with one at a flag, but i'd rather not get knifed on a rooftop
                redeploying would be very helpful since you only get a few, 6 would be alot better.

Comment

Working...
                X