What the deal on ramming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the deal on ramming?

Been flying jets more latley and "occasionally" have been a little too close to a chopper when trying to strafe it with the cannon. Now I'm not sure how this works on points though. IF you collide with a chopper...or jet for that matter....do YOU get points for the kill or does the victim of the ram get the kill points?

Reason I ask is that it seems latley...maybe since the patch or even sooner...that who ever gets rammed actually gets the kill points and not the kamikazee.

Re: What the deal on ramming?

If you know you can't kill it.. get it on another run... with the upped HP of transports, you need to get the jump on them really fast..

Don't ram people.. makes the person ramming look like a complete idiot.

Comment

I never ram intentionally. The reason I'm asking about the scoring of it is because of something that happened yesterday. I was in the Su 34 on Kubra. I was closing in on a cobra on his 6 letting the cannons rip. As I got closer I pulled to the right to avoid hittng him and to circle around for another run. Just as I passed him...BOOM. I got credit for 2 kills and of course my death. Of course the guys in the choper..."F'n rammer...learn to fly".

I expalined that they hit me...not the other way around. "Yeah right" "Your jet is faster than us".....huh? So a chopper can't run into a passing jet? BS.

I told them...You hit me because I got credit for the kills...learn how the game works kids. I know this has to be the case because I have rammed into jeeps and suffered on the negative side of points. One of the same guys from the heli crash later was hauling down our runway in a jeep just as I began rolling in the F 18. He hit me IN the hanger but I got credit for the kill! :laugh:

Comment

Well, first you have to make sure your lining up. Dont all of sudden change directions.

Second, it seems to be the jet pilot that gets the kills for the ram, however I've gotten it some times when a jet crashes into me. I find it has to do with angle. If u are heading into the plane, u get the kills. If the plane hits u in the back or sides, he gets the kills. Its not an effective way to eliminate your opponent and rarely will u see pilots intentionly doing it...

Comment

interesting, but yeah, rammers suck. Ive never really understood how the points were given. I always thought it was the person that died last lol

Comment

I personnly don't ramm but i don't blame when people do it, after all it's fun hahahaha. If u want the points maybe put a C4 on ur plane before ramming XD

Yeah i must admit i ramm on purpose when remaining tickets<5, push afterburn' and BOOM where lots of action hahahaha

Comment

it depends

Comment

Originally posted by {Sn][per} ELI
                Been flying jets more latley and "occasionally" have been a little too close to a chopper when trying to strafe it with the cannon. Now I'm not sure how this works on points though. IF you collide with a chopper...or jet for that matter....do YOU get points for the kill or does the victim of the ram get the kill points?

Reason I ask is that it seems latley...maybe since the patch or even sooner...that who ever gets rammed actually gets the kill points and not the kamikazee.
                who gets credit for kill???
                no rhyme or reason
                never was - never will be

Comment

It doesent hurt to adopt japenese style of combat...

Comment

Well I always type a /\/(0)(0)|3 R4/\/\/\/\3R when I get rammed. Just for kicks.

Comment

if there is 5 targets in the blackhawk, No Guns / Missles...Im rammin.

Comment

ramming sucks..

I've clipped a couple choppers before on accident during strafeing runs, hate it.

Comment

I hit them about 10% of the time ,

Ok now tell me whose fault this is.

Its on oman, im in the mig. I see the enemy attack helicopter by the crane with our attack helicopter attacking him. I think awesome ill either help him kill him, or ill kill him. So I pull above or below our chopper (I forget which) Then come up in front of him. I kill the enemy chopper then someone the friendly heli hits my jet and I get the 2tk's and the pilot yells at me for ramming him, Am I supposed to have eyes in the back of my head? When I came down/up in front I didnt hit them for like 5 seconds so something was wrong there.

Comment

What i really enjoy are those instances of ramming, that end up in just bouncing insanely off of whatever you hit. I have been playing alot of Operation Road Rage lately. A few times now, i have bounced off of the enemy A-10, no crash, just a big shove, and near heart attack.

I think some guy posted a video of himself wrapping around a tree, just getting thrown off direction, and sent off the other way, haha, no crash.

Comment

If your spec-ops and put all your c4 on the front of a jet and crash into a heli but never eject to actually press the button on the c4, does your c4 do damage when the plane explodes?

Ive seen people throw all the c4 on the front and hop in and takeoff before but im not sure what they were trying to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X