Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

one of the oldest films i could find:
    A nice clip - based on the modification Desert Combat for BF42 - called "P.O.W". It was made by the Zerohawks & NVA Clans a few years ago.Have fun and watch ...

Comment

Re: Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

Heres one of the original screenshots. That started the whole Dc thing. Frank and his 5000000000000 poly tank on wake

(remember this troy)?

Comment

Originally posted by Spils
        Heres one of the original screenshots. That started the whole Dc thing. Frank and his 5000000000000 poly tank on wake

(remember this troy)?
        lol yep.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
          Interesting... I see this SilentTrigger's an avid DC Forum addict, yet, I can't find anyone listed by that name on our forums. Not sure why he'd of posted anything like that.

I'm at work ATM, so I can't watch the vids, lol. I'll watch em when I get home!

Comment

I noticed Boobs McGee saying that the mod will never take off. Isnt he a tester for Rising Conflicts?

I am interested to see if DCON comes out first, and whos mod is more fun. May have to eat those words huh?

Comment

Nice, i was wondering where that mod went off to.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt
                I noticed Boobs McGee saying that the mod will never take off. Isnt he a tester for Rising Conflicts?
                he was also a DC tester.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                  he was also a DC tester.
                  Thats great, but not my point really. I dont want to derail and hijack this thread any further than it has been already.

Excitement about the DCON release, which I will be first in line for, and great DC vids.

If BF2 had payed more attention to the thousands of testers (players) the way Trauma seemed to, it would have had a much longer shelf life.

Please do the same DCON, RC seems to be anxious to have the feedback of the mod community fanbase. A wise choice by any standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                    I'm going to be literal. If they wished to make a carbon copy of Desert Combat, all one would have to do is look at the numbers. Projectile distances, damage, all a matter of variables. While quite tedious and time consuming, one man could take Battlefield 2 in it's current state and transform the gameplay into an exact copy of that of Desert Combat's.

But that's not what Desert Conflict is doing, or atleast I hope so.

The coat that the tail (that was Desert Combat) was connected to has been up in the closet for years. Desert Conflict can't ride a wave that has already gone back out to sea long ago.

Don't be surprised by others foul disposition towards you. You are very militant with your opinions, and nor are you among like minded people.

Especially when your gripe is only concerning the word "desert". Why, that's just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt

I am interested to see if DCON comes out first, and whos mod is more fun. May have to eat those words huh?
                      I think you missed my little winky smiley face thingy. That was not meant to be taken literally. We (DC team folk) at the time were in the know about DCON from its start. I have never badmouthed them. I was and still am a very big fan of DC, DCX, DCF, DCFX. I very much look forward to playing DCON when it comes out.

Comment

This is something that a lot of fans dont realize Boobs, and I am glad you brought it up. (I said Boobs)

Most of the developers are more than anxious to try out every single mod that comes out, and enjoy and learn from each one. Each one of us have something to learn from every other MOD that comes out.

Comment

I wish this thread would just die already....Ooops....I just kept it going.... drat!!

Comment

DC Beta is already released for months!.....and a patch too.

Comment

Working...
                            X