Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3uerWOXQSg (judgement day - the best one ever made)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(an official video from the team showing how ****ty us testers were at the game)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and for fun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHIheGRqSWs

and Robin williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk

Re: Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

Wow man, great collection of vids. Gracias.

Comment

Re: Old School DC vids in anticipation of the first release of Desert Conflict..

I dont get this? Dcon has nothing at all to do with DC. Only thing they have in common is the name. If USI had gone with the name Dconn and then it would get the same attention.
      I think USI's work was pretty good. I dont think this Dcon is going to live up to the hype of their name to be honest. If they choose a different name and showed off the same work they have been... nobody would care about them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
        I dont get this? Dcon has nothing at all to do with DC. Only thing they have in common is the name. If USI had gone with the name Dconn and then it would get the same attention.
        I think USI's work was pretty good. I dont think this Dcon is going to live up to the hype of their name to be honest. If they choose a different name and showed off the same work they have been... nobody would care about them at all.
        Thats kinda ironic with your sig.......

Comment

I'm impressed that they got helicopters in a WW2 game. That's what you call modding

Comment

...DCON actually has a lot to do with DC.

Originally posted by Desert Conflict Website
            Desert Conflict (DCON) Is trying to bring the feel of Desert Combat to Battlefield 2.
            Ah, yes... Some of you say: "Well isn't BF2 basically DC." Yes and no. Battlefield 2 is no longer based on the Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 Wars. Desert Conflict hopes to take BF2 back a few years and back into the sandy desert of Iraq.

1st: Our first release will primarly be remade maps from the hit Mod Desert Combat and a load of new vehicles..

2nd: Following releases will be updates, bug fixes, and map add-ons.

Desert Conflict is being developed by Desert Combat Fans and Supporters. Trauma Studios or original Desert Combat developers are not included in the developement of Desert Conflict.

Comment

You obviously dont know what your talking about, but thats pretty much par for the course around here. We have nothing in common? Other than trying to recreate the Maps, Vehicles, weapons, game modes, and Physics, no, we have nothing in common.

We are all fans of DC on this DEV team, and thats why we are making Desert Conflict. Its nothing more than a serious dedication to our favorite game ever (DC). BF2 was supposed to be DC part 2, didnt quite work out that way.

I dont think this Dcon is going to live up to the hype of their name to be honest. If they choose a different name and showed off the same work they have been... nobody would care about them at all.
              Play whatever game you want, it wont effect my paycheck.
              (thats right, I am doing this for free)

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
              Thats kinda ironic with your sig.......
              LOL, yeah.

Comment

Lost Villiage brings back lots of memories...

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                  Lost Villiage brings back lots of memories...
                  I hope you try our remake of it. Its a blast, and you can still knife plenty of girly snipers on the hills, lol.

Comment

what about the "how to be a newbie" video that the devs made of testers making stupid mistakes while play-testing?

and where is "judgement day". that was the BEST fan-made video yet.

I have videos dating back to .2 (my sig was a .2 alpha test).

good times. PS - i'm in a bunch of those videos

Originally posted by Tren
                    ...DCON actually has a lot to do with DC.
                    yes and no.

they loved dc and are trying to remake it - but no one from DCon actually worked on DC as far as I know (and I'd know)

Comment

Man, I still watch all the videos from the beta promo...showcasing the weapons for 0.3 and 0.5. Take me back! Back when the .50 was something you had to pickup and it was dangerous.

I miss the days of going through a rolling desert at full speed in a T-72 and having to understand enough about the ballistics of your shot, the bumps ahead, and judging the movement of the tank you are targeting.

That was teh fun!!! BF2 did not capture that, even on maps like Oman, OSS, and Harvest...something is missing like what DC offered. But don't get me wrong, I still love those maps because they are as close as we get to a DC Map Pack.

I do hope that DiCE allows a community made map pack for ranked play, because some classic DC maps would be an amazing addition. To bad all these CQC, infantry CS players don't understand the heritage of BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                        yes and no.

they loved dc and are trying to remake it - but no one from DCon actually worked on DC as far as I know (and I'd know)
                        Yes Troybob is correct. We have been as vocal about who we are as possible. None of us have ever claimed any connection to the DC team other than being hardcore freaks and devoted fans.

I swear there are lots of people who just dont want us to do this project, but thats an old topic. Its comming out soon, and if you want to play some remakes of those maps, and get closer to the gameplay then anyone seems able or willing to do, (troybob hates the UAV as much as we do) then give it a try and have some fun with the rest of us when its released.

Comment

!!w00t!! im excited about DC i remember el alamein on dc being one of the best maps i ever played....:banana: :banana: IM EXCITED did i say that already o ya BTW IM EXCITED:banana: :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by =DNC=SySeX73
                            I swear there are lots of people who just dont want us to do this project, but thats an old topic.
                            there was a lot of friction when you started out from some of us on the DC crew (riding the coat-tails argument). Even I wasn't too happy that you were remaking DC and naming it so close.

But you guys have proved that you're not masquerading (sp?) as the DC team so it's all good. Besides, only the real hard-core folks still play DC (or folks who don't have a good enough computer for bf2).

So you've got my blessing.

Originally posted by Sn0wbl1nd
                            !!w00t!! im excited about DC i remember el alamein on dc being one of the best maps i ever played....:banana: :banana: IM EXCITED did i say that already o ya BTW IM EXCITED:banana: :banana:
                            then we have folks where you're not sure if they know its a different team or not. There's some high expectations out there - you best deliver

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                              There's some high expectations out there - you best deliver
                              Were gonna give it our best shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X