X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Autohotkey banned by Punkbuster

Originally posted by Reaper2794 View Post
    man i love how all these 16 year olds cry about dolphin diving

ITS A GAME MAN ITS A FKING GAME AND IM 14 AND IM ACTING MORE MATURE FFS GET OVER ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    Was that sarcasm or self-ownage?

Comment

Originally posted by Bungalow_Bill View Post
      If you're playing BF2 you have no reason whatsoever to be running AutoHotKey or any other similar program in the backround. End of story.

Now Punkbuster needs to take the next step and ban ALL macroing software. This Logitech "profiler" junk especially. It'd be much more wise just to scan a users key combinations / mouse clicks and red flag repeated suspicious behavior that is impossible to do by hand. Things such as clicking the mouse button 20 times in a second.

If they don't ban the G15 keyboard n00bs because of corporate interests then that's really sad for all of us legitimate gamers. And if not I can't help but wonder how much money would these aimbot people have to give EA/DICE/PB for them to make an exception for their cheating software?
      as long as they are still selling BF2 with a logitech G15 rebate inside you can forget about that idea. the G15 is not a huge advantage and it isnt going to make you a better player and it wont let you click the mouse faster, the game can only recognize so many key presses in a certain amount of time and you can easily exceed that number freehand, you certainly dont need a macro, just quick hands.

autohotkeys however did have a few scripts floating around for it so you could change tvguided missile direction without having to click the mouse so im assuming thats why it was banned but most standard game keyboards are not abused nor can be macroed the way autohotkeys could.

the only thing ive ever found worth macroing was render.drawfps 1 and game.lockfps 500 so i can display my FPS and set 500 for the ceiling but im using a zboard.

Comment

the only thing ive ever found worth macroing was renderer.drawfps 1

Good idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by XmetallicaXguitarstX View Post
          The only advantage J2K has, is that you can spot people with a Joystick...

I don't know of any other advantage.

If you think about it, that makes it even... because mouse users are able to just spot like normal while in vehicles, while the JS users weren't able to. I just have it so that 1 button on my JS = Q and the trigger = left click.

So, you haven't see this?

Originally posted by MadAd
          Hi again everyone, discovered something else that might be useful to some of you- your very own spotted key (or joy button, controller ect- as long as its a proper key that bf2 recognises).

Some already know we can bind 2 different things to a single key, anyone thats read the 26 page 'anatomy of controls.con' thread on planetbattlefield knows that is old news however i've found you can bind your ok button to the same key as your radio button and it works as a spotted button. Theres no macros involved, no hacks, nothing naughty at all - just 2 keys bound to the same button. Wanna know how? Read on.

There are a few ways of doing this, those of you that know your controls.con file backwards can just type in the lines with the right keys, however I'm going to describe it in a way that (hopefully) you all can follow simply.

1) Do not open your controls.con file yet. Fire up bf2 and click thru to the options/controls page.
          2) On the main page, set the key you want to make your button as your SECONDARY Main Radio key. Save and totally quit bf2.
          3) Open the controls.con file linked with your username (with notepad) and use search to find the 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them.
          4) Highlight the whole of the second line ONLY and press copy.
          5) Open the search again and this time search for the line with c_GIOk in it, theres usually only one.
          6) Immediately below the c_GIOk line, make a space and paste in the line you copied from step 4.
          7) Lastly, In that line you just pasted in, find the word c_GIRadioComm and change that to read c_GIOk instead.
          8) Save. Done, fire up and go test it!!

See, that was easy wasnt it?

Notes:
          BACK UP YOUR CONTROLS.CON FILE before editing. If you stuff something up at least you can copy it back and try again.
          #2. You must have a different key set for your primary Main Radio (duh). If you say you have no key set then why not?!! You need it to tell your team stuff.
          #3. Controls.con is in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000n, with n being the number of your main profile. If your not sure what number to use, open up profile.con and check that it has the correct name you game with.
          #5. Having 2 lines with c_GIOk would be strange but if you have set something, youll have to paste over the second line if you still want to go ahead.

I think thats about it- as I said you can set it up a few ways, its just 2 keys bound to the same key, however I hope ive explained how anyone can have one. If someones posted this before im sorry, but ive not see it in the search anywhere.

Enjoy Spotting!
          How to bind an 'Enemy Spotted' button

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
            as long as they are still selling BF2 with a logitech G15 rebate inside you can forget about that idea. the G15 is not a huge advantage and it isnt going to make you a better player and it wont let you click the mouse faster, the game can only recognize so many key presses in a certain amount of time and you can easily exceed that number freehand, you certainly dont need a macro, just quick hands.

autohotkeys however did have a few scripts floating around for it so you could change tvguided missile direction without having to click the mouse so im assuming thats why it was banned but most standard game keyboards are not abused nor can be macroed the way autohotkeys could.

the only thing ive ever found worth macroing was render.drawfps 1 and game.lockfps 500 so i can display my FPS and set 500 for the ceiling but im using a zboard.

Can you please upload this or give me link to download this. I have been looking for this all over but havent been lucky finding it. I have a 980oogx2 and want to unlock its power without haveing to type game.lock all the time. thanks..

Comment

Go to my docs/bf2 folder, find your profile and add these 2 lines to Audio.con file.

renderer.drawfps 1
              game.lockfps 0

Then make the file "read only". No need for macro

Comment

Autohotkey isn't banned...

>_<

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                Go to my docs/bf2 folder, find your profile and add these 2 lines to Audio.con file. Then make the file "read only". No need for macro
                That's what I do, 'cept I used game.lockfps 0 instead.

Not that my PC ever gets that far over 100 anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                  Go to my docs/bf2 folder, find your profile and add these 2 lines to Audio.con file.

renderer.drawfps 1
                  game.lockfps 0

Then make the file "read only". No need for macro
                  wow it worked thanks so much!!!!

Comment

its only banned, if you're retarded. ill just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                    X