Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you enjoying 1.4..what install method did you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those of you enjoying 1.4

Originally posted by Talus
    I used the incremental..no problems.
    you were lucky
    to all others
    save yourself some grief
    ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS
    use full patch

Comment

Re: Those of you enjoying 1.4..what install method did you use?

I used the incremental from ausgamers, installed and played. No restart, nothing like that. It worked well for me until now.

Comment

Incremental. No problems. No crashes. No crazy high pings. I dont see what everyone is complaining about.

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
          I did a complete reinstall with the full patch..

no problems here

did the same thing and it works great

Comment

Full install ontop of vanilla, SF, EF and AF with no major problems (one server crash). Didn't even reboot. Only precaution I took was to copy my BF2 folder first.

I keep my pc healthy anyway, so saw no need to overkill before patching.

Comment

Incremental from EA downloader, like always. It works like a charm.

Comment

Incremental 1.3 to 1.4. Everything is fine except I need to update PunkBuster (that isnt EA's fault I dont think)

Comment

Full 1.4 install. No problems yet

Comment

Incemental, cleared cache files, manual updated PunkBuster, let shaders reoptimize, play'd no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                      you were lucky
                      to all others
                      save yourself some grief
                      use full patch
                      While I would agree doing this with 1.3, I disagree with 1.4.
                      Sinc eno one knows what version they got "out of the box" then 1.3_FULL was the way to go. But since we are all on 1.3 now, I say INCREMENTAL.

Comment

I reflashed the bios, reinstalled Windows XP, Installed all the critical updates, Installed the latest drivers, Installed Battlefield 2, Special Forces, Full 1.4 Patch, European Forces and Armored Fury. Next I ran a super defrag. Then I gave my system a super tweak makeover. Finaly made an image of the hard drive onto another and stuck that in a fireproof vault.

Now BF2 runs great!!!

Comment

Simply used the incremental, no reboot meant it was choppy but now it's smooth as ever..no CTDs, no connection losses.

Comment

Had to reformat hard drive reinstall xp, installed BF2 did not restart when asked, installed SF, installed full patch, and it worked, do not try to run the game until everything is installed.

Comment

Originally posted by hav0k99
                              I reflashed the bios, reinstalled Windows XP, Installed all the critical updates, Installed the latest drivers, Installed Battlefield 2, Special Forces, Full 1.4 Patch, European Forces and Armored Fury. Next I ran a super defrag. Then I gave my system a super tweak makeover. Finaly made an image of the hard drive onto another and stuck that in a fireproof vault.

Now BF2 runs great!!!

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by hav0k99

Now BF2 runs great!!!
                                lol,

used the incremental on BF2 on Xp, and the full on Vista, left the full patch downloading last night & got hold of the incremental at work both work fine, just did straight patch no uninstalling i couldnt be bothered

Comment

Working...
                                X