Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you enjoying 1.4..what install method did you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you enjoying 1.4..what install method did you use?

Did you uninstall and use the 1.4 full patch? Or what method did you use to update?

Re: Those of you enjoying 1.4

I downloaded the full patch from AusGamers and then installed. Re-started my machine and gave it a good defrag with O&O Defrag Pro. Re-started then launched game.

The only issue I had was I couldn't connect to the account server. However this was my fault because I had left my firewall software on by mistake. After that, game runs like a charm.

Except for a few silly bugs left in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dern Humpus
      Did you uninstall and use the 1.4 full patch? Or what method did you use to update?
      I'm not sure if you understand that you can use the full patch no matter what version you're coming from. I used full patch from 1.3. I got it off EA Downloader

Comment

Damn all these things you people do, reinstall, reboot, install, reboot, defrag.. wtf!

I've nbever EVER had any problems with installing patches! Full or not, they all worked.

This time I downloaded the full patch, installed it as soon as it downloaded and ran the game. No reboot, no defrag no bs.

Comment

I did a complete reinstall with the full patch..

no problems here

Comment

I used the incremental..no problems.

Comment

I haven't yet install it and I will only do that when I get to the point where my vet aviator is near...

Comment

Used full patch, installed, started game and pulled the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  I used the incremental..no problems.
                  Exactly the same for me. Although I recently reinstalled and used the full vanilla to 1.3 patch.

Comment

I will download the FULL patch. I will only do a re-install IF I encounter serious problems.

I usually will do some housekeeping before I dl any patch or mod. Defrag, run Adware/spybot, optimize system, check BIOS and drivers. When I finish that, I make that my "last known good" and then I dl the patch or mod. It doesn't take very long and it really makes life easier if you have problems after the download. I don't build pcs or run networks or anything like that, I just use a bit of common sense.

Comment

i installed the incrimental patch, restarted my PC and loaded up BF2.....no problems at all......

Comment

incremental, and cleared out the cache, worked grand.....

Comment

Re: Those of you enjoying 1.4..what install method did you use?

Full, no problems.......

Comment

Full - no problems

Comment

I used full 1.3 before, now installing 1.4 full.

Comment

Working...
                              X