Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.4 Praise Thread

It gets windy up there

Think that will make a Picture of the Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
      If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.
      What an AWESOME QUOTE!!!! So true.

Comment

I have had no problems with it and think it works great...However people will complain becuase they are not happy if they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by joshblancett
          awesome, good post.
          the patch is great and people show stop crying and look at there computers first before coming in here a maoning about it
          I played 1.3, I had in game squad VOIP working and between match game summaries were correctly displayed.

10 minutes later I...

Installed 1.4, no more in game VOIP (even though settings are on), and game summaries between map loads are now missing.

Now in what way are you saying that's my PC to blame, your claims are a BS.

The patch is a crock, my VOIP is broken, match summaries no longer show between maps, 4 from 9 1.4 matches I played suffered a server crash, and on my second round I had red/blue bug.

I also had lag spikes and the connection warning appearing frequently. Prone accuracy is still a problem, and macro kiddies still benefit from the superhuman abilities macros give them.

As commander, to a great extent, I was still able to abuse the vehicle drops feature.

The delay in prone to standing now makes the in game character even less responsive to attempts at controlling it, the movement feels less natural and free with every patch.

Other "fixes" are bugged, and DICE were informed during beta testing, but the bugged version is in the 1.4 patch, they just ignored the bug reports (zombie fix excess kits problem).

"the patch is great", kiss my arse.

Originally posted by AKULA
          Instead of thanking EA or Dice, I think we should also be giving a BIG THANKS to the beta testers who took the time to go through the rigamarole of installing it in a special way, playing it hours on end and actually sumbitting their opinions to DICE. These guys are the real reason the patch is less troublesome than the others.
          The patch is as full of bugs and non fixes just like every patch before it. I feel for the beta testers as this was an exercise in PR only, and not a genuine beta test program.

Comment

Well... if it's THE PATCH causing all your grief, why do I not have the same problems?

VOIP works.
            No lag spikes.
            No connection drops.

"less natural" RE: the prone thing?!? OMG .. that's nuts. As I said, I could barely even tell what changed. Natural would be taking a second or 2 to actually stand up.
            Not:
            Up 1 sec
            Down 1 sec
            up 1 sec
            down 1 sec

Oy vay....

To the guy who said he has a spawning problem... Couldn't spwan with commander, couldn't leave team.
            Fluke, and NOT a 1.4 issue. It happened to me ONCE (in 200 hours) in 1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by 7eregrine
              Well... if it's THE PATCH causing all your grief, why do I not have the same problems?

VOIP works.
              No lag spikes.
              No connection drops.

"less natural" RE: the prone thing?!? OMG .. that's nuts. As I said, I could barely even tell what changed. Natural would be taking a second or 2 to actually stand up.
              Not:
              Up 1 sec
              Down 1 sec
              up 1 sec
              down 1 sec

Oy vay....

To the guy who said he has a spawning problem... Couldn't spwan with commander, couldn't leave team.
              Fluke, and NOT a 1.4 issue. It happened to me ONCE (in 200 hours) in 1.3.
              It's not necessarily the new patch causing all those problems, as we know red bug, and server crashes are old bugs, 1.4 just simply did nothing to fix them.

Try playing AT for a while, you go prone for cover and to reload, not to exploit instaprone. You then stand to fire, not to bunny hop or turtle. As a result the AT kit is even more disabled.

Originally posted by badge353
              I have had no problems with it and think it works great...However people will complain becuase they are not happy if they can't.
              Bollocks, I spent a year without complaining, making suggestions in the now removed "Suggestions Forum", hell I spent hours and hours with others developing good ideas for balance fix and other game inadequacies. However now, some 14 months later I've just had it. None of the suggestions have been followed up. just like the beta program, bugs reported by the testers have been ignored and are included in the final 1.4 release, unbelievable.

Patch after patch can't fix bugs other patches made, and have introduced unwanted game adjustments as attempted fixes for exploits and the like. It's just not professional, it's amateurish.

Comment

Working great for me, installed full patch restarted pc and playing fine. Loading times for maps have speeded up and the new jalalabad map is great, havent tried IO yet but im not interested in that anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                  I played 1.3, I had in game squad VOIP working and between match game summaries were correctly displayed.

10 minutes later I...

Installed 1.4, no more in game VOIP (even though settings are on), and game summaries between map loads are now missing.

Now in what way are you saying that's my PC to blame, your claims are a BS.

The patch is a crock, my VOIP is broken, match summaries no longer show between maps, 4 from 9 1.4 matches I played suffered a server crash, and on my second round I had red/blue bug.

I also had lag spikes and the connection warning appearing frequently. Prone accuracy is still a problem, and macro kiddies still benefit from the superhuman abilities macros give them.

As commander, to a great extent, I was still able to abuse the vehicle drops feature.

The delay in prone to standing now makes the in game character even less responsive to attempts at controlling it, the movement feels less natural and free with every patch.

Other "fixes" are bugged, and DICE were informed during beta testing, but the bugged version is in the 1.4 patch, they just ignored the bug reports (zombie fix excess kits problem).

"the patch is great", kiss my arse.

The patch is as full of bugs and non fixes just like every patch before it. I feel for the beta testers as this was an exercise in PR only, and not a genuine beta test program.

If you're having all those problems, why don't you tell us exactly how you installed 1.4, like I did. Also, post your specs along with a screen shot of your desktop showing your taskbar and system tray. Maybe we can help, because I am NOT having any of those problems.

My Specs:

Win XP SP2(fixed)
                  MSI K8N NEO 4 PLATINUM MOBO
                  2GB DDR RAM
                  160GB 7200 SATA2 Primary, 60GB 7200 RPM Slave
                  AMD 64 3700+ CPU
                  MSI 7900GT 256MB
                  NEO 4 PLATINUM Audio 5.1
                  Sidewinder Precision Pro
                  MS Optical Intellimouse

Attached is a pic of my desktop before beginning to play. NOTE- I always shut down the IE. It's there because I took the shot while responding to your post

Comment

Amazingly good patch.

It installed without issue, plays without problems.

And IO mode ROCKS. Did IO Oman and IO Sharqi last night, had my best rounds ever. Total infantry fighting, lots of teamwork, and our whole squad was using VoIP the whole time.

Best parts of 1.4's IO mode:

1) No more artillery destroying every good infantry battle!
                    2) You can actually cap flags by having to fight other soldiers, rather than hope for no arty strike.
                    3) No tanks or APCs spawn-raping everyone.
                    4) No helo gunners killing 40 or 50 guys with 1 death.
                    5) No more cartillery when you're sniping in a good spot.
                    6) Better infantary stamina - I can run more than 50 yards now!
                    7) Better kills: rifle fire seems more deadly now. Maybe I'll have a reason to play assault at last.

The rounds lasted a long while: as a sniper I went 28 and 7, no claymore kills, and later went over 35 as a sniper, again all rifle and pistol. Then as a medic I went 36 and 34 but I got 150 points from all the flag caps, heals, and revives, had some laughs with the others in the squad. Also didn't get deafened by random artillery strikes or get killed 15 times in a row by airplanes or helos.

For the first time ever, we had some real teamwork going, running around capturing all the USMC flags, and doing sneaky things like getting on top of the TV station and killing unsuspecting snipers.

And no more having to spawn as A/T in order to sacrifice your life 4 times in a row in a vain attempt to kill a tank. No more shooting a helo with two stingers and an A/T rocket, only to watch it fly away trailing smoke. No more stupid engineers camping spawns in a pair of APCs! No more of any of that garbage.

Suddenly my KDR started going way up. 2:1, 3:1, one round was better than 4:1! It was like a miracle had happened.

All in all, it was a superb experience, the best BF2 session in over 400 hours of time in the game. Why? It was really, really FUN!

Long live IO!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66

Try playing AT for a while, you go prone for cover and to reload, not to exploit instaprone. You then stand to fire, not to bunny hop or turtle. As a result the AT kit is even more disabled.
                      Actually had my best AT game ever after 1.4.
                      I was #1 on my team, and #3 on the leaderboard with 70 points.
                      I was best for TRANSPORT, AT, and FLAG CAPTURE.
                      I don't go prone much to reload. I duck around buildings....
                      Reloading takes longer then the prone delay, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X