Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK Just Calm Down!(1.4 Related)

Originally posted by bulzenschneider
    Okay, so now I say: The incremental patch is better. If you have any problems after installing the full patch reinstall BF2 and install one incremental patch after another. This is as backed up with information as your advice.
    Didn't want to piss you off. I just wanted to know why the full patch is better? Thats all.

Sorry bulzenschneider that last bit wasn't directed at you.:cry:

I just wanted to get a disscusion going among those that choose to work the problem. You seem to be doing that. The example I gave in my first post was extreme, but not so far fetched. If everyone that had a problem worked it on their end first, we would not have so many posts to slog through to get to good info. A modern computer is a complicated beast. Nothing is ever going to work everytime on every machine.

Once again sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Pendarus
      Sorry bulzenschneider that last bit wasn't directed at you.:cry:
      If everyone that had a problem worked it on their end first, we would not have so many posts to slog through to get to good info.

Once again sorry!

You're absolutely right about that. Some people seem to forget this is no SNES

Comment

I know about prime95 for stress testing some things, but what other programs are good for stress testing stuff. And what stress test program will I need for testing out my PSU, also memtest picked up no errors in my ram.

Also what is the latest most stable graphic card drivers for the 6800GT.

Comment

Client has nothing to do with server crashes so I don't have to do anything.

Comment

as a network tech for a phone company - may i suggest that BEFORE you call and demand they check your line - use some common sense..

if the game (or any game) crashes but browsing the Net is fine, don't waste their time..

if you are getting frequent droppouts and/or slows get them to check it out.

If your problems are occuring at certain times of the day/week, it's more likely a congestion problem and not a line issue.

(this msg brought to you by all network analysts and programmers around the world.)

Comment

I have pretty much installed the Incremental patches since they were first put out for BF2. Never ONE single problem.

I own ALL the x packs & boosters which I purchased through the Downloader. Never ONE single problem Dl'ing or installing.

I don't get CTD's, but have experienced the problem with connection thing, which in my opinion is Serverside not client side.

I only reinstalled BF2 once, because I bought a bigger HD!

I know I am NOT the only one who hasn't had these major problems that so many people have on the tons of threads I read. So I would say alot of it has to do with the combination of different brand components, the total knowledge of actually checking (testing) the components that people put in there comps.

Most people who build their own comps don't have the machinery to check voltages/current/etc. They just put the parts together in the box & boot it up!

Not saying that people don't know how to build comps, but like Pendarus was trying to explain, it takes more than just turning a comp on & off if you want to play these new advanced games.

Comment

all i think i can add to this disscussion is that if the patch was bad everyones computer would be bugging out. right? not just the guys with low end computers. i dont have a W.O.P.R. or nothing but it runs fine on my computer.(if anyone here can guess the movie where this is W.O.P.R then you are old like me and need to get your head checked for remembering useless info)
                something to help jog your memory:
                Gen Beringer: Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration,sir, I have come to the conculsion that your new defense system sucks.:laugh:

Comment

A little knowledge goes a long way. Spend some time learning how this stuff works. Several people who posted in this thread have (got your back, Pendarus, etc.....) See look at what those two guys have posted, very helpful. I even added my two cents worth. Not everyone here depends on daddy or mommy for everything. We can do it ourselves !
                  Again I would like to say read the excelent posts by Pendarus, got your back and others. Its worth the time it takes to read them ! Good job guys ! . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Another tip: before installing, make sure you didn't rename any BF2 files (such as the movie files, in order to sckip them).

Comment

Originally posted by Got Your Back
                      Most people who build their own comps don't have the machinery to check voltages/current/etc. They just put the parts together in the box & boot it up!
                      Yeah sure. Do you think Dell or your local PC shop check volatages or current? I can diagnose most problems in my PCs and never once have I felt the need to reach for my multimeter. PC are supposed to just be fitted together and booted up. Sure maybe if you have some really solid knowledge of repairing electronic systems you might be able to fix parts inside your PC but everyone else just diagnoses the problem and replaces the whole component.

Comment

my problems with bf2 are entirly gameplay related. with the exception of a few gameplay issues, my problems with 2142 are entirly bug related. i really like the setting of bf2 and i am still poed that all the things i want in bf2 wont be put in but are in 2142 in one forum or another. i cant say alot about why 2142 fixes alot of bf2 gameplay issues but i will say that it has alot to do with "active defence", emp, and pods.

Comment

Originally posted by joshblancett
                          all i think i can add to this disscussion is that if the patch was bad everyones computer would be bugging out. right? not just the guys with low end computers. i dont have a W.O.P.R. or nothing but it runs fine on my computer.(if anyone here can guess the movie where this is W.O.P.R then you are old like me and need to get your head checked for remembering useless info)
                          something to help jog your memory:
                          Gen Beringer: Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration,sir, I have come to the conculsion that your new defense system sucks.:laugh:

I guess I am old and need my head checked.....You are quoting War Games!!!

Comment

orphious,
                            congraulations! you just won a new delorian and six pack of buddy beer!
                            oh, wait...... sorry i drank the beer, it had expired 10 years ago. and then drove the delorian,hit 88 mph and wrecked it into micheal j fox

Comment

Originally posted by Got Your Back
                              I know I am NOT the only one who hasn't had these major problems that so many people have on the tons of threads I read. So I would say alot of it has to do with the combination of different brand components, the total knowledge of actually checking (testing) the components that people put in there comps.

Not saying that people don't know how to build comps, but like Pendarus was trying to explain, it takes more than just turning a comp on & off if you want to play these new advanced games.
                              I built this computer. I installed everything. This is the ONLY GAME IN WHICH I HAVE HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM!!! Prime95, memtest, 3Dmark, Aquamark; nothing has shown me a problem. Oblivion, F.E.A.R., UT2K4, BattleFront (both of them), Doom 3, Quake 4, Half-Life 2. All of those games have run without a single problem. OK, Oblivion had a lockup glitch, it was fixed in the one patch for that game so far. I still have random sound loops with BF2. I still have missing/melting textures in BF2. I still have stuttering gameplay, and huge variations in framerate. I didn't have any of these problems before patch 1.3. I still have them in 1.4.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
                                Yeah sure. Do you think Dell or your local PC shop check volatages or current? I can diagnose most problems in my PCs and never once have I felt the need to reach for my multimeter. PC are supposed to just be fitted together and booted up..
                                You're Kidding Right? Why do think Gateway or Dell (I wont speak for local comp shops) don't sell 14+ different brands of Mobos or 14+ different brands of RAM/HD's/soundcards/vid cards/etc in their comps.

They find the Components that are the most compatible & TEST them with many types of machinery. And Test them again & again. That way when you DO order the comp from them, they CAN just put the parts together & they KNOW it will work.

When you place your order from their website or store they don't just go buy a mobo from newegg & their RAM from Outpost & the Soundcards from blah blah blah. You get the picture!

Why do you think they put System requirements on the PC games which usually consist of a list of vid/sound/RAM which ARE or AREN'T supported.

Just because you buy new parts from different Manufacturers, doesn't mean they WILL ALWAYS WORK TOGETHER!

I do realize that BF2 has its problems, but seeing that 1000's of people CAN play it whichever patched version, means that it IS possible that certain problems are on the user end & NOT ea's. See ya on the battlefield!

Comment

Working...
                                X