Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: got lag? here's your fix.

Originally posted by Leeham
    That depends on how fast your internet speed is.
    Not nessercarily, I used to get loads of "problems with your connection" messages and high pings that were actually caused by lag in the computer. I know this because i didn't tweak the internet connection at all and after tweaking bf2 they had gone completely.

Comment

I implemented the following Tips - 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11 and disable performance checker. My colors look better and my ping rate seems to have gone down. I've only played once since I implemented but this seem to be better.

Tip 1 - I cannot seem to get the command window. I press the "`" key and nothing happens. I've attached to 5 different sites that seem to have punkbuster. Any suggestions?

Tip 3 - If you have a PCI Express video card, you won't have an APG aperture to adjust (at least my BIOS didn't show anything).

Tip 9 - Didn't feel like messing my system up so I didn't try these.

Thanks for the great information. Now if I could only get a better internet connection (doing wireless with 800/400). Seems like I have a lot of latency because of the wireless, but when you can't get DSL or Cable and can't afford a T1 or ISDN, you take what is available.

Comment

Thank you very much for this advice for helping out the lag in anyway. Even though lag has not been a huge problem for me I am happy that this problem is being address! Thanks a million!!!

Comment

yh tht site is a life saver i change the BF2.exe ot BF21.exe and it stoppoed my high ping fomr 400 to bout 140 :O thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchez-B.G-
            Hey guitar junkie its kinda minor but its easier to rename the 'movies' folder to something else (ie "_movies") and create a new empty folder called (you guessed it) "movies" instead of renaming every movie file.
            Actually you can just go into the movie folder and deleate everything except the 2 files with menu in the name.

Comment

Sorry but I'm a web designer, and as such:
              Your website is ugly

White background color on link text is horrible
              The logo is horrible
              The purple on black is horrible
              You have text outside the title box and before the CSS coding in the <HEAD> section
              You have three seperate CSS sections in the header, put everything in one set of tags
              You use CSS and then use <div style...> to define how DIV sections look, that completely defeats the object of having CSS, make it <div id="blahblah"> and put the "Style" tags in the CSS information in the header in this format:
              #blah blah { blah: one; blah: two }
              Every image should have an extra tag: alt="Description Of Image" before the '>'
              Hes trying to do us a favour and all you do is flame him because you dont like the way the website looks. get a life.

Comment

Thanx for the tips mate, I need all the help i can get. Im old and stoopid.And to the web designer' If your that smart you would have known to be a little more subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                  Hes trying to do us a favour and all you do is flame him because you dont like the way the website looks. get a life.
                  Already been discussed, your way too late.

Comment

Already been discussed, your way too late.
                    Off you pop then sonny

Comment

Working...
                    X