Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got lag? here's your fix.

Hey guys,

Us here at bf2lag.com have been working very hard to bring out the new site and we have finally done it. We have updated tips, added more tips and given the site a revamp.

If you haven't already visited, this site is designed to help people get rid of lag in the game and offers tips and suggestions on how to do it.

So come check it out at www.bf2lag.com and see for yourself, let me know of any improvements/tips/suggestions or bugs by replying or by sending me a pm.

Thanks a lot,

Ben,

Re: got lag? here's your fix.

Cool, will check out the tweaks. Thanks!

Comment

THeres a problem with some of the links for the tweaks, some do not link to the correct tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by SBS-ONE
        THeres a problem with some of the links for the tweaks, some do not link to the correct tweak.
        Yeah sorry there might be one or two of these as we have moved to the new site, I am going through and trying to fix them as I see them but if you could specifically tell me which links that would be great.

Comment

Renaming the BF2.exe
          Making BF2 high priority
          Disable Intro movies
          Disable Paging Exec
          Disable Background programs

Also, i trying to do the AGP aperture, but my BIOS seems very simple and i cant find the AGP aperture anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SBS-ONE
            Renaming the BF2.exe
            Making BF2 high priority
            Disable Intro movies
            Disable Paging Exec
            Disable Background programs

Also, i trying to do the AGP aperture, but my BIOS seems very simple and i cant find the AGP aperture anywhere.
            I've had a look through but i cant seem to see any problems with those links on http://bf2lag.com/top5tips.html

It might be an internet browser problem with bookmarks.

As for the BIOS, some manufacturers (such as dell) like to disable these things or make them very hard to find. Look for any "advanced features" buttons or so on.

Ben,

Comment

..and every time somebody tries out all 10 tips there is a new post in the Support section for 'why doesn't my keyboard work now?' due to the high priority mode

Comment

Nice site mate, thanks
                Didn't find any problems with links etc and liked the film!

Comment

Hey guitar junkie its kinda minor but its easier to rename the 'movies' folder to something else (ie "_movies") and create a new empty folder called (you guessed it) "movies" instead of renaming every movie file.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchez-B.G-
                    Hey guitar junkie its kinda minor but its easier to rename the 'movies' folder to something else (ie "_movies") and create a new empty folder called (you guessed it) "movies" instead of renaming every movie file.
                    Yeah i know, I think I put a disclaimer because last time I renamed the whole folder I had problems patching, but renaming the files was fine. I'm not sure if this still stands and if it doesn't then I'll consider changing it, thanks.

Comment

Might want to have a look here,

and here,

and then reconsider some of those XP "tweaks" you have listed.

Comment

Hmm, just the IRQ that I will (and have been thinking of) reconsider.

The pagefile is a very controversial subject and many people have commented that this has helped significantly therefore until more solid evidence emerges then this tweak will remain.

I would like to say that no-one who has tried my tips and followed the directions carefully has seen a decrease in performance, and everyone I have been in contact with has found that the tweaks have at least helped a bit with performance.

I will continue to monitor the status of these tweaks, and if they were deemed very dangerous, they would not be on the site.

Ben,

Comment

Sorry but I'm a web designer, and as such:
                          Your website is ugly

White background color on link text is horrible
                          The logo is horrible
                          The purple on black is horrible
                          You have text outside the title box and before the CSS coding in the <HEAD> section
                          You have three seperate CSS sections in the header, put everything in one set of tags
                          You use CSS and then use <div style...> to define how DIV sections look, that completely defeats the object of having CSS, make it <div id="blahblah"> and put the "Style" tags in the CSS information in the header in this format:
                          #blah blah { blah: one; blah: two }
                          Every image should have an extra tag: alt="Description Of Image" before the '>'

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchez-B.G-
                            Easier way of just opening the movies folder selecting them all and pressing delete.
                            Been doing it since 1942 and it has never given me a problem. Never creates any conflict when it is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                              Sorry but I'm a web designer, and as such:
                              Your website is ugly

White background color on link text is horrible
                              The logo is horrible
                              The purple on black is horrible
                              You have text outside the title box and before the CSS coding in the <HEAD> section
                              You have three seperate CSS sections in the header, put everything in one set of tags
                              You use CSS and then use <div style...> to define how DIV sections look, that completely defeats the object of having CSS, make it <div id="blahblah"> and put the "Style" tags in the CSS information in the header in this format:
                              #blah blah { blah: one; blah: two }
                              Every image should have an extra tag: alt="Description Of Image" before the '>'
                              Well, i'm not an "IT PRO" and I found the site fine
                              I'm not interested in glitz, just information, and as far as i'm concerned the site passed muster in that respect.

Why do people feel the need to flame so much, the guy is trying to do us all a favour :evil:

Comment

Working...
                              X