got lag? here's your fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: got lag? here's your fix.

THe Tweaks R Us recommended driver worked out nicely for me. For some reason the interiors are tad dark with it, but I'll take the frame rate increase.

Which was about 10%, approximately.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
      nice...the OP DID ask for tips/improvements...what Leeham did was give FREE professional advice. I guess some are never happy.
      FREE professional advice is done via PM.
      A post like he did was just a "look how good I am" type of flame IMO, pure destructive criticism.

Comment

What he said vs. what he should have said:

Originally posted by Leeham
        Sorry but I'm a web designer, and as such:
        Your website is ugly
        Your design choices could use some improvement to make your site more appealing, if not for anyone else, then at least for me.

• White background color on link text is horrible
        The background color you chose to use with your link text is hard to read.

• The logo is horrible
        I would love to provide you with a free, professional looking logo to replace yours.

• The purple on black is horrible
        Purple on black is not a generally acceptable color scheme for professional looking sites.

• You have text outside the title box and before the CSS coding in the <HEAD> section

• You have three seperate CSS sections in the header, put everything in one set of tags

• You use CSS and then use <div style...> to define how DIV sections look, that completely defeats the object of having CSS, make it <div id="blahblah"> and put the "Style" tags in the CSS information in the header in this format:
        #blah blah { blah: one; blah: two }

• Every image should have an extra tag: alt="Description Of Image" before the '>'
        You have text outside the title box and before the CSS coding in the <HEAD> section

You have three seperate CSS sections in the header, put everything in one set of tags

You use CSS and then use <div style...> to define how DIV sections look, that completely defeats the object of having CSS, make it <div id="blahblah"> and put the "Style" tags in the CSS information in the header in this format:
        #blah blah { blah: one; blah: two }

Every image should have an extra tag: alt="Description Of Image" before the '>'

Thanks for the information. Hope you find my web tips helpful.

That is what he should have said, but like many in the IT field, he appears to suffer from Binary-Anti-Social-Disorder. So on behalf of the rest of us lovers of zeros and ones, thanks for the information. I have already put parts of it to good use and have had great results.

Comment

Ya!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok, what colors do you reccomend as I have no idea

Comment

I think your site looks great and provides some great information. I was ragging on the "web designer", not you. Keep up the great work guitarjunkie66... love what you have done thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                I guess no one has ever heard of constructive criticism....

Glitz is nothing what he is talking about he is talking about proper website construction which would benifit your site by making it more acessible...

You made the site to spread information and in hopes that it would be popular. So making it work good and allowing spiders to crawl it properly would make all those wonderful things come true.
                X2 I make templates but do not really code them only slice and make. I can do some very basic coding but I think Leeham is better at that

It is constructive criticism as SuperDonkey said.. Having good Meta Tags etc. all those things for your page to be listed on google and of course all those little spiders crawling into your site would be very good. In fact more people would visit your site.

Comment

Ok its all changed to white on black.

Hope its easier to read. I thought I might as well try and make it look nice and stylish but if i cant do that then ill leave it like this. Please let me know of any new bugs or problems with the site after the change, thanks.

Ben,

Comment

Looked fine before... Looks fine now. Thanks for the effort you put forth in helping my BF2 life better.

Comment

^^^ What he said

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, remember if the site helped PLEASE tell your friends or post it on other forums to help spread the word!

also check out the flash movie i made a little while back now if you're bored lol

Ben,

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312
                          Well whoopity doo, Mr. AnalWebTemplateDesignMasterLeeham, keep up your work/communication skills as you do now, you will be a financial success, yet at the same time a social LOSER.......
                          Yes, because YOU can't handle me telling it straight I'm a loser? If you can't handle it, stay off the internet and go cry to mommy. The fact is I don't act EXACTLY the same in RL...I maybe don't have time to sit and be nicey-wicey to people who can't handle the harshety of life. So get off your 'jump to conclusions' trampoline right now.

That is what he should have said, but like many in the IT field, he appears to suffer from Binary-Anti-Social-Disorder. So on behalf of the rest of us lovers of zeros and ones, thanks for the information. I have already put parts of it to good use and have had great results.
                          Again, all I did was get straight to the point.

It is constructive criticism as SuperDonkey said.. Having good Meta Tags etc. all those things for your page to be listed on google and of course all those little spiders crawling into your site would be very good. In fact more people would visit your site.
                          We need more people like you guys, people who can understand the difference between flaming and constructive critism.

Comment

lol the flash movie is good

Comment

wow thanks as soon as i get a computer that can run bf2 again ill try that :P

any suggestions on how to improve latency? thats more my problem

Comment

Originally posted by Miniman
                                wow thanks as soon as i get a computer that can run bf2 again ill try that :P

any suggestions on how to improve latency? thats more my problem
                                That depends on how fast your internet speed is.

Comment

Working...
                                X