Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PunkBuster, Key Macros and 1.4

Originally posted by DarkPepe
    You are taking me wrong mate.. the problem will be (talking about 1.4) only the macro users, is really NOT fun to play with such ppl, Im not on a "nerfing" campaing, I agains all those kids who think that using cheat/scripts is kind of cool or something. I'm a server Owner and I only ban or kick ppl for that type of things (Macros, cheats, Intentional Tks) and I want to see, in the future, a game without those activities.

If PB can catch Macros, it will be damn good to stop those kids. But remember that the best anti-cheat system is an experimented admin.

I hope 1.4 will not allow pronespammers with the delay introduced for the prone stance.
    I understood your position, and I do even more now. Given the history of radical and extremist style change when something needs a "mild" adjustment, I was just trying to err on the side of caution.
    Many servers that go unenforced are also the real culprit. If you use the macro hop/dive/shoot many admins really do not care, but they would if they saw people leaving their servers in droves. Those people need to be kicked and or banned from teh servers that DO NOT WANT IT. Like the no attacking the UCB rule has been recognized, this has to as well.

Comment

Anything that makes the playing field level, I support, so down with the dolphins, bunnies and macro users

Scort.

Comment

I wonder how Volx reacted when a Punkbuster representative essentially called him an exploiter, since hes the poster-child for macro'ing in BF2.

I guess he won't care, unless EA says it too, and wipes his stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor

What about 3rd party programs like Teamspeak and Ventrillo? Should they also be banned because they give an unfair advantage? Its a slippery slope.
          thats the most retarded statement i have ever read

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
            This is the same problem that MMORPGs had a few years ago. Their solution was just to put hard delays at the server end so no matter how fast you did it at the client, it was never faster than the hard delays.

I think PB should be more worred about all the hacker programs out there than macro spammers. I mean if you do even the simplist search on the net you can find hacks that allow you to see though walls, see everyone on the UAV, or take over as commander (need I site examples?).

How long have those hacks been around? Too long...and its ruining the game.

The only reason why the hacks aren't as prevalent as they are in CS is because the hacks are not free - all the little kiddies can't get ahold of them because they can't use their mommy's credit card.

To me stopping those types of hackers is more important than stopping macro spammers who can be twarted by adding hard delays at the server.

Am I making sense?
            To much sense....your talking crazy talk....crazy talk I tell you.

As a server owner, I would rather see the commander hack dealt with then macro spam.

Originally posted by <EsP>Fury
            If by macro abuse you mean one keystroke to muliple events I am all for getting rid of it.
            However Belkin Nostromo, Logitech G15 etc etc can use their software to assign single keystoke to diffrent keys what I fear is PB will just detect the software and not discriminate how it is used.
            Using the software with those devices and setting it to one keystroke should not be a problem for anyone.

Don't forget gamin mice. They use software to assign keys to the other mouse buttons. If they detect that then oh noes, $70 laser mouse is just about usless.

You know, bf42 and bfv didn't have this wide spread problem. But then again, they didn't have stats either.

Comment

Server owner here, and active gamer that has 700+ hours of gameplay.

Macro Issue
              Generally we just kick the player that has his/her macro script going when they look like a frog leaping around the battlefield. Reminds me of the bunnyhop glitch that was used in CS. To determine a macro script in a chopper or other vehicle is difficult, so a macro scan option could be a added bonus that I wouldn't object to.

Cheats
              I know it's a long shot, but ideally it would be great if EA could download the current hacks themselves, and figure out how they are being made possible and put a hault to them. Perhaps more PB updates are needed. It's gotta be a global effort.

Fair gaming field idea
              Deal with the macros, cheats, exploits, glitches, etc, but all kidding aside teamspeak and ventrilo could also be used to gain an advantage over your opponent. Constant open lines of communication. Hey, some of you may laugh, but really in order to get the game so it's fair for all, this is also a threat. Mind you, I use this technology and hate to see it removed from the game like others have speculated.

Comment

The rate at which you can repeatedly use your fire button needs to be decreased. As of now the game will let you shoot faster than you can manually - hence all the TV guided macros and singleshot macros.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  If PB detects joytokey or whatever the hell is being used, you bet it will stop you dead in your tracks.
                  thats really the only problem I can forsee. I could care less about macros, but if pb wants to ban them, then thats fine with me. I just dont think the joystick users should be punished for something mouse/keyboard pilots can do.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
                    Don't forget gamin mice. They use software to assign keys to the other mouse buttons. If they detect that then oh noes, $70 laser mouse is just about usless.

You know, bf42 and bfv didn't have this wide spread problem. But then again, they didn't have stats either.
                    Your right Holle thanks for pointing that out I did forget the mice.

What we need is a clear definition of what is and what is not legit and then for PB to detect that specific instance and not remove legitimate uses of the software that comes with all the gaming goodies. In my mind what is not legit is prone spaming, dolphin diving seat switch with tv mnissle guide, single shot macro i.e. making your single shot accuracy at full auto speed, anything that lets you do anything faster than is humanly possible and that can be executed in a single keystroke or multiple events tied to one keystroke.

Comment

that's not fair i paid good money for my G15 keyboard, n52 controller and my logitech mouse and those products have the options for Marcos and i use the preset ones that come with the G15 keyboard profile. I don't do none of that bunny hopping dolphin diving crap so why must i be punished because my products comes with macro support.

Iv tried doing bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap without using macros and it still can be done you people think if macros are gone then bunny hopping dolphin diving will also be gone well i can tell you it won't. Some of you are just looking for someone/something to blame for the people that do those things and it's not fair your taking your frustration out on the products that support macros.

EDIT: I'm all for getting rid of bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap but EA has to make changes to the game so people can't do those things because they still can be easily done without the use of macros.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral.Nimtz
                        good, i would like to see those hotel glitchers all get banned auto. in our server.
                        Buenos tardes they are talking about scripts..

I personally have a G15 but do not use the macro for advantage purposes the I can dolphin dive normal and the G-Keys are too far to the left

Yes I don't like people who use scripts etc. to gain advantage but you will have to know what is a advantage.. I will be very dissapointed if I couldn't use my G15 anymore because other people f'cked it up..

Comment

So I have my Logitech Setpoint software assigning the thumb button to the " ' " key for BF2, which I have set as an alternative prone key in BF2- this surely cannot make me a macro abuser.

There is no way that PB can determine between this & a more "advanced" setup.

The solution has to be (successfully) building in server side delays in movement

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Hit House
                            So I have my Logitech Setpoint software assigning the thumb button to the " ' " key for BF2, which I have set as an alternative prone key in BF2- this surely cannot make me a macro abuser.

There is no way that PB can determine between this & a more "advanced" setup.

The solution has to be (successfully) building in server side delays in movement
                            This is what they did in alot of MMORPG's it makes more sense.
                            The only problem is the net code is already so buggy that to much delay could cause problems.

Comment

Would these macros exist in such quantities if there was no stats system? Think about it

Comment

Getting rid of macros won't solve the problem of bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap getting EA to make the necessary changes to the game to prevent people from doing those exploits will.

Comment

Working...
                                X