PunkBuster, Key Macros and 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster, Key Macros and 1.4

Hi Guys.. on a recent chat with Punkuster Stuart Dunsmore, he told us (ABR Staff http://www.battlefieldranking.net) about some thing related with PB and patch 1.4.

First of all, all we server admins are having a real hard time trying to get out of our servers all the Pronespammers, Bunny Hoppers and macro abusers. So, I ask Stuart about the official statement of PB over this subject.

He told us that PunkBuster is right now getting their hands over the clients running macro scripts over Battlefield 2... at this particular moment, they could kick all players for using macro software. The thing is, it is up to the community to ask for full punkbuster support about macro abusers.

On Stuart's own words:

""Our current stance on macros is that they are game exploits, we do not kick for doing something that is possible to do in the game manually. This is something that could change with enough community support."."

We, the community, have to speak up .. LOUD and start pushing foward to get full punkbuster support to stop the macro abusers. Is our particular Job to talk about this.

Also Stuart told us. about new changes on 1.4 patch. This will probably kill a lot of players using cheats or scripts to "improve" their gameplay.

Post your opinnions to get support on this.

(News Item Published at http://www.battlefieldranking.net)

Re: PunkBuster, Key Macros and 1.4

good, i would like to see those hotel glitchers all get banned auto. in our server.

Comment

It's crap that it "improves" gameplay, it looks fecking stupid and should be stopped. I agree on PB clamping down on it.

Comment

Didn't they add a delay from prone to crouch in 1.40? So no matter how fast a macro runs, it won't work like it did in 1.30?

Please correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't run the latest 1.40 BETA 2 patch.

Seems to me if you add delays at the server end then you don't have to worry about macro spammers?

Also there are alot of useful programs that run in the background like JoyToKey that allows you to use your Joystick HAT to look behind you...or map a button on your joystick to spot the plane in front of you - these are features that are in other games, but for whatever reason where left out or not implemented because of time restraints.

Originally posted by Admiral.Nimtz
        good, i would like to see those hotel glitchers all get banned auto. in our server.
        Glitching is totally different. No matter who you are you should be banned for glitching.

Solution to glitching: Place barbed wire inside all structures...if you get in then you die

Originally posted by dblEdge
        It's crap that it "improves" gameplay, it looks fecking stupid and should be stopped. I agree on PB clamping down on it.
        What about 3rd party programs like Teamspeak and Ventrillo? Should they also be banned because they give an unfair advantage? Its a slippery slope.

And what about people who use G15 or Nostrodamus keyboards? Or even the Z-keyboard? Will those people also be banned?

Comment

[PBSTAFF]Stuart told me that the final test for macro abusers will be the delay on 1.4.. but I personaly think ... ppl will find some way to abuse of macros again.. like jump crouch or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPepe
            [PBSTAFF]Stuart told me that the final test for macro abusers will be the delay on 1.4.. but I personaly think ... ppl will find some way to abuse of macros again.. like jump crouch or something.
            This is the same problem that MMORPGs had a few years ago. Their solution was just to put hard delays at the server end so no matter how fast you did it at the client, it was never faster than the hard delays.

I think PB should be more worred about all the hacker programs out there than macro spammers. I mean if you do even the simplist search on the net you can find hacks that allow you to see though walls, see everyone on the UAV, or take over as commander (need I site examples?).

How long have those hacks been around? Too long...and its ruining the game.

The only reason why the hacks aren't as prevalent as they are in CS is because the hacks are not free - all the little kiddies can't get ahold of them because they can't use their mommy's credit card.

To me stopping those types of hackers is more important than stopping macro spammers who can be twarted by adding hard delays at the server.

Am I making sense?

Comment

^^ Yes you are making sense and another suggestion about macros would be to make the "going to prone action" mean the gun can't be fired. If you played DoD then you will know what I mean.

Comment

the annoying thing is that most of the time we have no power. if a SVR admin isnt present, a cheater can laugh while their admitting to i, keep on doing it, and you ant do a thing about it. there should be an ingame report player button, which includes a screenshot.

Comment

I did a copy and paste from another posters reply , can't remember his name but he summed it up best

Macros are against EA rules, proving them however is a hard job, but when repeated as much as that, assume macro, just because your keyboard has macro ability doesnt make it allowable, your macros are third party software

Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications.

also from the ROE

3.1 Use of Cheats or Hacks

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players. This would include but not limited to:

(a) *** and other 3rd party software.

so yes macros are not allowed

Comment

too bad alot of players wont agree that macros are illegal

why? because they use them and even the dumbest person in the world knows that macros are some kind of a cheat and that they give you adventage over other players

Comment

I would like to see macros result in a ban, but if I had to prioritise, I would go say they need to get off their butts and get all those holes using *** "security" crap and banning their BF2 CD keys so they couldn't play anymore as well as shutting the site down. You all know what those *** stand for!!

Comment

Originally posted by [BTC]Jonski
                        I did a copy and paste from another posters reply , can't remember his name but he summed it up best
                        Nice Catch

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPepe
                          Hi Guys.. on a recent chat with Punkuster Stuart Dunsmore, he told us (ABR Staff http://www.battlefieldranking.net) about some thing related with PB and patch 1.4.

First of all, all we server admins are having a real hard time trying to get out of our servers all the Pronespammers, Bunny Hoppers and macro abusers. So, I ask Stuart about the official statement of PB over this subject.

He told us that PunkBuster is right now getting their hands over the clients running macro scripts over Battlefield 2... at this particular moment, they could kick all players for using macro software. The thing is, it is up to the community to ask for full punkbuster support about macro abusers.

On Stuart's own words:

""Our current stance on macros is that they are game exploits, we do not kick for doing something that is possible to do in the game manually. This is something that could change with enough community support."."

We, the community, have to speak up .. LOUD and start pushing foward to get full punkbuster support to stop the macro abusers. Is our particular Job to talk about this.

Also Stuart told us. about new changes on 1.4 patch. This will probably kill a lot of players using cheats or scripts to "improve" their gameplay.

Post your opinnions to get support on this.

(News Item Published at http://www.battlefieldranking.net)
                          PB should kick/ban for script kids. The fact that a few loud clan folks will object, probably in some leet-speak infested rant about us being newbs, solidifies my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral.Nimtz
                            + 1 + 1 +1 i hate them mofo's

Comment

It would be nice if PB would kick people who use macro's that give a person an unfair advantage.

If PB can do it in this game i hope they can do it in other games too or atleast give server admins the choice to enable it.

Comment

Working...
                              X