Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Download PoE2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
    Everyone is saying, "this is what BF2 should have been." That is the same thing that was said when all the other mods came out. It will be said again when DCON is unleashed as well.
    The only problem with it is that there seems to be even more bunny hoppers in POE2 than I've ever seen in BF2. Lame little no-skilled punks infesting the game...
    100% correct, I am sure it will get cleaned up.

Comment

Off topic: Rocket I love that quote.

Comment

Why has this thread been edited by one of the mods i made some perfectly legitimate posts IMO. First one was to ask admiral nimitz to stop verbally attacking web wiper because he wouldn't play POE2 as it wasn't ranked. Second one was again to admiral nimitz to say i understand what its like to get angry as I've got a short fuse myself. Third one was how my view of POE2 has changed from thinking its crap to it being a great mod. And then i listed various differences between VBF2 and POE2 concerning infantry and armour and also how theres little Easter eggs included in the game like the katana. Now i can understand the first 2 posts being deleted (but from what i saw i managed to stop a flame war) but why was the last post deleted i honestly believe it was well though out and there was no ea/dice bashing involved and i believe i covered things that haven't been mentioned previously in this thread well at the time of posting anyway.

Comment

Heres a 10 minute video of the map 'Fallen'
          For todays news, we had the pleasure of having Narco and Schetter from FragTV play on out test server last night with several of the developers and testers, ...

Took some random shots of this great mod, I just play POE2 now. BF2 is long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Private Waxa
            Heres a 10 minute video of the map 'Fallen'
            For todays news, we had the pleasure of having Narco and Schetter from FragTV play on out test server last night with several of the developers and testers, ...

Took some random shots of this great mod, I just play POE2 now. BF2 is long gone

I just watched the video its not bad, one the last comments though made by one of the guys is so true about people having to change the way they use infantry tacticks and deffend. I did just that last night and did alot of deffending and flanking away from the main pack and managed to get 43 kills and 11 deaths not bad considering i was playing with a 140+ ping and i never proned once i just crouched to shot people.

Comment

Everyone is saying, "this is what BF2 should have been." That is the same thing that was said when all the other mods came out. It will be said again when DCON is unleashed as well.
              The only problem with it is that there seems to be even more bunny hoppers in POE2 than I've ever seen in BF2. Lame little no-skilled punks infesting the game...
              FYI DCon only has about 1/10th of the content PoE2 does atm. The one thing it has going for it is the maps IMO. Just think about how many buildings are in POE that you can walk into, that is all custom.

Also, most of the 16 player maps are infantry biased if that is what you're looking for. Orel is the other excellent infantry map.

Comment

Re: Download Poe2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
                I Dled and tried PoE2.

I don't like it that much, seeing as I'm a sniper/long range shooter its just not my type of mod, its mostly based on infantry/armour combat.

If your a sniper, DON'T GET IT.
                Please do as this guy says. If you are a sniper, DO NOT DL IT! Stay with BF2.

Snipers,Gheymores are all about BF2.

Comment

Re: Download Poe2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Admiral.Nimtz
                  2 Ranked Servers in POE2, keep a sharp eye, who knows?
                  Ticket straight to Reset City.

Comment

Hey heres an idea, how about all you BF2 bashers take this POE2 crap and move to the forum thats been created for it. I mean really, all you do is bash BF2, so piss off and go play what you like instead of coming here and telling everyone who doesnt agree with you how stupid they are?

POE2 BETA sucks.

Comment

POE2 is pretty good. But people are a little over the top with "omg, this is the best thing ever!!!111111 XD !111elven lol". It is definately worth the download, just leave it at that

Also, it is a little premature to judge if it is really better than bf2. So far, I'd say not really as good. Some maps feel a little unprofessional with the whole "let's stick a REALLY HUGE mountain here... and then a REALLY HUGE valley here." Sounds are great. The weapons "feel" good for the most part. The ukraine medic gun and support guns don't really do it for me. The mp7 kinda sucks. helos need balanced. Eurocopter rapes the hind every time.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                        Why has this thread been edited by one of the mods i made some perfectly legitimate posts IMO. First one was to ask admiral nimitz to stop verbally attacking web wiper because he wouldn't play POE2 as it wasn't ranked. Second one was again to admiral nimitz to say i understand what its like to get angry as I've got a short fuse myself. Third one was how my view of POE2 has changed from thinking its crap to it being a great mod. And then i listed various differences between VBF2 and POE2 concerning infantry and armour and also how theres little Easter eggs included in the game like the katana. Now i can understand the first 2 posts being deleted (but from what i saw i managed to stop a flame war) but why was the last post deleted i honestly believe it was well though out and there was no ea/dice bashing involved and i believe i covered things that haven't been mentioned previously in this thread well at the time of posting anyway.
                        Not sure but if someone reported the post as a flame then it was edited. Since we have to sift through all kinds of posts everyday, just be happy someone is looking out for the community's best interest. I did not edit post in this thread post as you already know, but Im positive there was a really good reason to.

If someone wants to play for stats only, that is just fine. It's sad because they will end up missing out on a lot of things. It seems to me that a stat'only play would not be able to contribute anything meaningful to the teamplay aspect of the game anyway. Being driven by points only and not the fun factor is something I think 90% of the people in this community can live fine without.

I bet though, in the long run it is better for the game itself to keep the hardcore players in one corner and the stat players in the othger. Although, stats are by no means a measure of skill, rather a measure of time invested in a specific server config.

Comment

Overall I'd say I'm indifferent to this MOD. Like most BF2 maps, majority of my fun gets ruined by armor/aviation. With all the bushes and tall grass it's very difficult to spot infantry. That will take some time getting use to. On the other hand, infantry combat feels more solid compared to vBF2. Sniper rilfes are uber powerful and accurate. In vBF2 I can leave my sniper rifle crosshair completely still on a static target, fire my rifle and not land a hit. In POE if your crosshair is on the target, they will go down with ease. I like the arty system in this mod, it actually requires skill and doesn't completely interrupt gameplay like vBF2's. The maps are very nice looking but there is just too much armor for my liking. I haven't played all the maps yet though so maybe I've just been unlucky with map rotations.

Comment

Not sure but if someone reported the post as a flame then it was edited. Since we have to sift through all kinds of posts everyday, just be happy someone is looking out for the community's best interest. I did not edit post in this thread post as you already know, but Im positive there was a really good reason to.
                            Fair enough boss

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                              The storyline is rediculous. Ukraine vs. Us and Germany? WTF? People in the Ukraine can't afford milk let alone a tank.
                              You better cut back on your racism you smug twat. I'd love to see you say that to a Ukrainian in the face rather than behind your desktop/laptop

Comment

Let's ignore everything about POE2 and concentrate on the biggest issue, bunny hopping.

Comment

Working...
                                X