Is this server legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this server legal?

Yeah, I must admit I popped in, Because I'm a fan of rubber ducky 1 ... it was nuts. They turned off the ff, witch turns the spec op in to a rocket trooper. Not going to be going back there for that and the greande spaming. Nobody got a score over 50 that round so it wasn't that bad. The worst is when a sever runs the 64 player map with 16 players. Then you get guys with like 200+ point scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
      They need to add a "Rules of Engagement" button to the tabs at the top when you're selecting a server.

That way people have no excuse not to know them.

Dude, what the hell is that thing in your avatar?? It's freakin me out a little...

Comment

So this server is illegal how? If the rules don't force certain kits....IE no armor then it legal for sure.....nothing in the ROE says you can't play high ticket servers with 16 people.

When I bought the game I wasn't advised on these ROE rules and if I hadn't joined these forums I wouldn't know a thing about them. I've played on KP servers before I knew the ROE was even there. Do you ROE police honestly think most people even know about your rules?? If these rules are so binding and final then why is there no mention to them at all when you purchase the game?

Comment

The ROE is going to be moot once IO comes out anyway, since IO pretty much goes against everything that used to be enforced by the ROE. Plus I doubt EA will be arsed to reset BF2 stats and shutting down 'illegal' servers anymore since they've moved on to BF2142.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
            The ROE is going to be moot once IO comes out anyway, since IO pretty much goes against everything that used to be enforced by the ROE. Plus I doubt EA will be arsed to reset BF2 stats and shutting down 'illegal' servers anymore since they've moved on to BF2142.

~Wolfgang
            Yea, how ****ed up is it that they ban people for playing on an IO server then release an IO mode of their own. Also people think their stats will be saved forever.....not true, once EA drops this game for the next-gen BF all the stat servers will go with em....

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
              Is it only me or BF2 is the only game where you must read a book's worth of rules in order to play?

And what is worse, these are rules are all written in lawyer's language, not the common stuff people is used to read.
              And they don't even give you a copy of the rule book.

Comment

Originally posted by Technikal
                Wrong, 16 players on a 64 player map is LOTS of points, I've played it on Karkand before. Its such a large area that all you need to do is grab a tank then ride around taking flags for the pts and when players try to come after you, you blow them away. So you get pts for getting a ton of flag caps and any kills are extra, plus watever else you can do to earn pts.

I don't play those servers anymore tho cuz pts aren't that great and I want a challenge.
                Wrong again! There are only 3 tanks/APC and 8 people on each team? Don't see how everyone will get a tank/APC

P.S. I played it too! Sucks! Those 64 players in 64 map size, is 100% guaranteed u will get loadsa points! Unless if you go idle or u started playing BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral.Nimtz
                  Wrong again! There are only 3 tanks/APC and 8 people on each team? Don't see how everyone will get a tank/APC

P.S. I played it too! Sucks! Those 64 players in 64 map size, is 100% guaranteed u will get loadsa points! Unless if you go idle or u started playing BF2
                  What do u mean "wrong again"? I dont believe he said everyone would get armour....In my experience 16 players on a 64 map is higher points just cos the rounds go on that much longer (due to higher tickets and wider distribution of players)....if you calculated by points per minute (or SPM) then you may find that they are close to the regular servers. 64 players on 16 map (when i have played it) is over in 5 minutes flat with less points because of the short time frame (again if u calculate SPM then they prob similar to reg servers). However, they play very differently.....64 on 16 is absolute carnage and can be a bit overwhelming (i needed a break after a couple of rounds as its preety intense)

Comment

It looks all fair to me though...But I rather have guaranteed high/average points than just having a stupid small battle...

Comment

The ticket ratio says 100...I thought that was legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                        Is it only me or BF2 is the only game where you must read a book's worth of rules in order to play?

And what is worse, these are rules are all written in lawyer's language, not the common stuff people is used to read.
                        A book? Its one small document, that is written in plain and simple English that a even a person whose native tongue is not English, can read it and understand it.

Comment

Plain English? That thing reads like stereo instructions on some topics.... :hmm: .

Comment

Originally posted by KristianSax
                            A book? Its one small document, that is written in plain and simple English that a even a person whose native tongue is not English, can read it and understand it.
                            Then you should be able to point out the section where it defines "high point server" because I can't.

Comment

Crap I've played on Rubberducky it's really a fun server so much people but I stopped playing ranked for a while though I sometimes do

Good server don't care if my stats get whiped

But I'm not saying I did any things wrong to get a stats whipe..

I don't know what's so 'illegal' at those High Point Servers? They're fun less map loads (Depends on size and ratio's)..

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
                                nope it's not legal, it's designed for high points. if the tickets had been left to the normal 100, then it would of been fine..

If you have ever played in it you would realise you dont get anymore points than you would get in a normall server,,,

That server is badass! Its So Choatic!

Comment

Working...
                                X