Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good snipers around?

Hey guys.

I've been playing Sniper lately on BF2, and I love it. Sneaking around, staying undetected and picking off people before they even know they are being watched is great.

But I suck at it and I would love some tips and maybe even some snipers to play with who can give me some tips first hand and actually show me? So if anyone would like to show me the sniping ropes they can leave their Xfire or MSN in here and I'll be sure to add them.

Re: Any good snipers around?

Just keep practising is the key to sniping, you'll find some maps are better at sniping than others. After a couple of kills then move position because you will be spotted and your victims will be out for revenge. Don't go for obvious places (Sharqi crane anyone?) and leave claymores when you move so that people searching for you will get a surprise

Also check out the Hints and Tips section. There are sniper guides there. Add my xfire (in my sig) and I'll happily snipe with you in a squad. It's always more fun with other people. Goodluck!

Comment

Most ppls xfires r their names btw.
      A sniper tip: Take ur time (My bro shoots as fast as he can, the trick is, to wait till they become prone or fire a shot on them if they r about to move away from ur view.)
      Rememba as a sniper, take as long time as u want.

Comment

My number one tip would be to get to know ALL the weapons you have as a sniper. The pistol, knife and claymores can be very useful in certain situations. For example;
        *quite often when you get one shot off with the SR on someone, and they'll start running... thats often a good time to wip out the pistol and just a shot or two will take them down. Pistol can hit closer people easier than the cumbersome scope.
        *Also if you take someone out who has made you (spotted you), move position or prepare for them to come looking for you again when they respawn. Perhaps leave a little claymore present for them!
        *Use cover well- remember whats behind you because it might be silhouetting you for all the enemy to see.
        *And of course, if you get the chance, go for the head! Its a one-shot kill!

Comment

Unless you are supporting guys going to take a flag or in a fire fight, take the head shot or nothing.

Comment

Choose ur sniper weapon wisely. I love the chinese sniper rifle for headshots, it has a brilliant scope. M95 is good but I dont like it coz of its dodgy shots at times. M24 & L96(eventho i dont have ) r the best snipers weapon as they r powerful and accurate. I feel SVD is good but not long range, more like medium-long range support sniper for ur troops.

Comment

Practise in Single player at headshots, finding good positions and whipping out the pistol after taking the initial shot with the sniper rifle.
              Dont sit on top of buildings as you'll get picked off by more experienced players, try somewhere unexpected. I've got a lot of kills by laying in the middle of a street, no one looks there

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
                Dont sit on top of buildings as you'll get picked off by more experienced players, try somewhere unexpected. I've got a lot of kills by laying in the middle of a street, no one looks there
                thats a good point, i sometimes feel like climbing up onto a crane, claymores down and picking off all the poor soles trying to take the flag below, great fun and its such an obvious place to be no one bothers to look and youre safe for another few kills

Comment

Yeah I love the sniper class free knife kills

Nah I like the class I have my expert it's a fun class but the claymores ruin it really..

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                    Yeah I love the sniper class free knife kills

Nah I like the class I have my expert it's a fun class but the claymores ruin it really..
                    not if we lay down like a 100 claymores on top of ladders :laugh:

Comment

You should speak to these guys on their forum. They seem like an alright bunch and they have some sniping info on their site.

Comment

Me and my mate refer to it as the "Black Sniper Gun of Doom"

The sound is just so satisfying as you pop a guy in the head ^_^

Comment

There is more than one way to play sniper. Alot of people like to go prone in a good spot and wait till targets stop for a headshot. If you're just starting out this will work well and teach you how to aim, lead targets and compensate for bullet drop. I personally like playing on city maps and I prefer to run from spot to spot taking quick shots. I'm almost never go prone and stop moving only to shoot. The key is put distance between you and the incoming infantry which will make a tougher shot for them when they see you. As a sniper at 80m you have a huge advantage even against those g3 guys but you must make sure not to prone out and start shooting cause it makes it too easy for the enemy to shoot you. I shoot at all moving targets, aim for the torso and give the right lead and with practice you will be tough to beat. Oh yea practice with the pistol also, after one shot with the sniper rifle the pistol can quickly finish em off.

One more thing, by landing alot of body shots on targets you will be spotted more often than if you got a headshot. This makes it important to take cover till you can chamber another round or figure out what to do next. I end up with alot of kill assists and alot of kills too with this method and it also can really mess up an enemy assult. People worry less about capping flags with just 1-2 bars of health and usually take cover or find a medic, which gives your team more time. Give it a shot and tell me what you think. Gl to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
                            Dont sit on top of buildings
                            Yeah this one goes back to the point about your backdrop leaving a nice siloheute (sp) of you. Nothing makes noticing a sniper easier than the open sky (your backdrop when you're on a building 99% of the time).

Comment

Yeeeehawwwww, shoot from the hip........ you can get a body shot without zooming if at close range and then whip out your pistola and 2/3 shots later +2 points...

The trick is the bullet comes from the center of your body, not the barrel of the rifle......

[EDIT] oh yeah, pot shots, take pot shots at anything, you never know, if one of the light jeeps are in range take a shot (lead the thing tho), may or may not get a kill, I've done it a few times and you can be sure the driver is wondering wtf just happened.......

Comment

Working...
                              X