Any good snipers around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any good snipers around?

i run to a position and after i lay prone, i count 1...1000 2...1000 and then i fire. it works for me 95% of the time

Comment

Try to shoot from unsuspecting angles and places ...
      use all of your arsenal (knife, pistol, rifle, nades and claymores)
      take your time I say because that works for me, try "speed sniping" or the ususall way

Comment

If you want to work out the distance towards the target you acquired, make sure you are a squadleader so you can put a Marker near the target (Move Here / Attack Here/ etc.). Press Alt so you read the distance in meters and use this ...

... and if you go somewhere in hiding and you got there by vehicle (DPV/FAV) make sure to blow it up with a nade. It is a dead give away if the enemy sees a DPV pop up on his map and nobody of his own team is in the vicinity.

Also keep your claymores in an ambush setup so they are between you and the most likely direction from which the enemy can come. That way you will be hardly surprised by the enemy and if you are you can allways lure them in the killzone of a clay.

Most important thing in this game is to time your sprint distances. So memorize how much sprint it will cost to get from one point to the next in a map. Its a basic thing but usually overlooked by the best of players as far as I have seen. Its not allways neccesary to have it full when you sprint if you know the distances in a map from point to point.

There is lots more on sniping, but you should check the Tips & Tricks on this forum for it. I wouldnt go to http://community.dmz-gaming.com/snipers/index.php because they are full of shiot and are only there to promote themselves.

Hope you make it out there, its allways good to have new peeps on the block going for this discipline Good luck m8

Comment

You may already do this: While zoomed, after you fire the shot, hold the fire buttun down to see where your shot lands.

Aside from that, it also allows you to see their reaction after you take the shot. Ie: Are they running in circles, not knowing where you are? Sniper paranioa!. Or are they pausing and facing you briefly and moving again? If it's the latter, you need to move. Now. "You are being spotted".
          If they sit there proned (poor thing), looking for you, Blamo, hit em again. Don't get greedy. You will be spotted. You are a pest and they'll wanna swat ya.

I like to think of it (holding the shot) as following through. For some reason my accuracy and k/d improved quite a bit.

Course this isn't feasible at close ranges while moving cause it's gonna take too long to reload.

Now "if" you're in a regular squad, you're generally on the move. Keep some distance from their flank. Hit your targets and go! If you're not with your buddies they (the bad guys) won't think to look for you.

Hope this helps. And yeah stay off those cranes and find your "own" spots. Don't be soooo predictable.

Huh, Jemme I like your style. Squad leader distance marker......

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
            Practise in Single player at headshots, finding good positions and whipping out the pistol after taking the initial shot with the sniper rifle.
            Dont sit on top of buildings as you'll get picked off by more experienced players, try somewhere unexpected. I've got a lot of kills by laying in the middle of a street, no one looks there

LOL that is funny! I have done that because there was no where near me that was good cover. I thought to my self "oh well might get one kill in before I am spoted." I got 4 or 5 kills before a tank rolled over me from behind.

Comment

I am the best sniper that ever lived.

The_white_rat(ss)

Comment

Does that really work on the game? or is it just real life that ea couldnt be arsed to draught accurately into the game?

I like to lie just infront of bushes when sniping, they can et within 10 yards and still not see you

Knife kills!

Chuckle

Comment

I can't put any of these names to rifles..

Any sites with names of rifles and pics of them?

Comment

Vegetation pwns. It's extremely rare if I get a return shot while firing from vegetation. Your ghille suit blends in so well with the stuff.

Don't move fast when you're in a area where you can be spotted. Fast movement attracts attention better then anything, especially at a distance, whereas a slower, more deliberate motion is harder to track. If you gotta move your body and your weapon around to look in other places, or move from one cover to the next, do it slow and smooth. Always look around a corner before you take one, too. Do it in the prone or crouch. Eliminate as many possibilities of being seen as you can, if you have to expose yourself.

If you are setting up in a area where you think it's being watched, or you know the other guy knows you're in the area, sector it off as you set up. Move forward a little, turn a little to reveal more area, scan all over, move some more. Just keep sectoring it off slowly to make sure you don't expose too much of yourself to the other guy(s). Less space you have to eat up to get back behind cover, if you're spotted.

Most people's attention span is about 30 seconds. Maybe 60 seconds. If you don't show back up after being spotted, and they don't come looking for you, wait a minute, and creep back out, sector it off, and see if he isn't looking in another direction after dismissing you as having ran off. Patience gets us lots of kills.

Comment

Here's something I didn't see anyone else put. You're going to want to listen to where you're camping/hiding at. Don't get caught up in the targets ahead of you all the time. Too often have I done that, then got my balls knifed off. It's common after you kill someone for them to want revenge and start coming after you. If you hear someone climbing up a ladder or "clank" from a zipline or grapling hook, immediately keep all attention towards where the sound came from. Wait for them to get about half way up and shoot them in the head with your pistol.

Originally posted by Toodles

THIS is where I learned all the names.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Toodles

THIS ONE. I just gave it to you in the post above, but it's probably hard to see the hyperlinking.

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                            Nah I like the class I have my expert it's a fun class but the claymores ruin it really..
                            How is that so...Not sure I understand how using part of you weaponary is ruin the fun. I guess each to his own.......

Comment

Originally posted by jeaf7
                              How is that so...Not sure I understand how using part of you weaponary is ruin the fun. I guess each to his own.......
                              He means the spam of clays on maps like Karkand. With a visibility of 150 meters max you are better of with a G3 or a M4 on that one imo.

Comment

I'm hooked on playing just Ghost Town and Warlord. These maps kick *** for sniping because of all the balconies you can zipline to.

I've made it a habit to immediately go prone after firing from a balcony. Iwould say 19 times of 20 I am never found in a round. I can cover both North Bridge and Convoy, and when people camp out in the high tower, they can't see me against the dark background but I can see them perfectly because of the silhouettes.

Comment

Working...
                                X