Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the handling of BF2 affect your future purchase of 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does the handling of BF2 affect your future purchase of 2142?

Originally posted by Harmor
    Does the handling of BF2 affect your future purchase of 2142?
    Absolutely.

Even then, I tried and wasn't impressed by the 2142 Beta: in addition, a good friend of mine had to perform a factory reset of his computer as a result of a crash caused by the game.

I'm sure it will cater to many people, but it's not for me...

Comment

I pre purchased the game already, and would again even after the problems and delays. Game is a good game and think 2141 will be too.

Comment

Originally posted by ojkilledthemfolk
        I pre purchased the game already, and would again even after the problems and delays. Game is a good game and think 2141 will be too.
        2142 IS A GOOD GAME
        IM LOVING IT

Comment

Hell yes it does. BF:V was handled the same was BF2 is. Ive learned my lesson, and I expect 2142 to follow the same path. I didnt have as many problems with BF:V as I did BF2 so I expect 2142 to be worse.

Edit* The bigger reason is 2142's futuristic gameplay doesnt catch me. BF2 has its downsides but they are overshadowed by its gameplay (most of the time).

Comment

I'm definetly going to buy 2142....

when I find it in the "Bargain Bin"....

for $10 or less....

Right after the release of BF4242

Comment

Careful.... My thread about EA's handling of BF2 and the subsequent impact to customers of 2142 was deleted by the forum...

I guess someone round here doesnt like negative EA/DICE comments.

And it would appear the thread asking why the original EA/DICE thread was removed has also been removed....

Shockingly bad censorship.
              Its an insult to your intelligence to make up your own mind.

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
                Stop with the Bf2 and 2142. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT GAMES.
                no offence but it might pay to open ya eyes and see its only a mod,decieved into another game

Comment

I'll wait to see demo ... then ... wait for some patches to be released .. one or two ... then i'll wait for some mods to be ported to bf2142 ... then i'll decide to buy or not to buy ... but the problem is that at that point there will be another bf4212 announced so i'll wait a bit more ... and than all over again

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                    no offence but it might pay to open ya eyes and see its only a mod,decieved into another game
                    Or, you could do 5 minutes of googling to find out that BF2142 has made things available that a 'mod' for bf2 never could.

Here's my situation:

I played the demo for bf2, I had fun.
                    I bought bf2, I had fun.

Logic dictates that my purchasing habits rely on the resulting factor: Fun. If bf2142 in the demo provides this 'fun' and I see it as a worthy investment, I will buy bf2142. Unlike the general TotalBF2 populace I don't base my judgements on ill-informed rants on companies and games that they in reality know nothing about.

Sorry if that's too much reason for one post.

Comment

Originally posted by Forest
                      Or, you could do 5 minutes of googling to find out that BF2142 has made things available that a 'mod' for bf2 never could.

Here's my situation:

I played the demo for bf2, I had fun.
                      I bought bf2, I had fun.

Logic dictates that my purchasing habits rely on the resulting factor: Fun. If bf2142 in the demo provides this 'fun' and I see it as a worthy investment, I will buy bf2142. Unlike the general TotalBF2 populace I don't base my judgements on ill-informed rants on companies and games that they in reality know nothing about.

Sorry if that's too much reason for one post.
                      Count your lucky stars you havent experienced the constant crashes while trying to join a game to have fun. Unless you have and consider that fun. :laugh: It stops being fun when you have your game crash on you time and time again when your trying to get a game going.

Comment

Originally posted by picachux
                        Count your lucky stars you havent experienced the constant crashes while trying to join a game to have fun. Unless you have and consider that fun. :laugh: It stops being fun when you have your game crash on you time and time again when your trying to get a game going.
                        OMFG IT'S BETA
                        IF U THINK THE FINAL WILL
                        BE LIKE THAT, YOU ARE trippin'

Comment

I was referring to BF2 not the Beta 2142. And im rooting for EA/DICE to just fix the crash to desktop issue and I will be set since the rest of the complaints people have for BF2 dont really bother me.

Comment

I have fun with bf2. After 1.3 I used to have crashes, maybe every other server I joined. A week later everything was fine and I haven't crashed or experienced much trouble since.

Comment

I have fun too, It's just that lately the crash to desktop issue just keeps getting worse and worse and im pretty much fed up with EA/DICE. I have tried 5-6 different video drivers, re-installed BF2 about 4 times. Having them announce a patch release date before final testing was actually completed is one of the dumbest things I have ever witnessed. And they deserve every bit of backlash that they are receiving from the BF2 community.

Comment

Max_Cavalera, you need to put "I am a 2142 fanboy" in your sig

Daruque, there most certainly ARE BH's on Mashtuur.

I put that yes, it will most definately affect my purchase of the game. Like people have said already, i think that it is absurd first of all that you could possibly release a patch that can cause so many tability issues (testing, anybody?) Secondly i think it is absurd that the fix for said issues has taken months and months.

I believe it shows the level of interest that EA/Dice have now got in customer satisfaction. Any company should have its customers as its focus point.. if you dont do that then you'll lose business, as the case is happening here with a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X