Patch 1.4 Statement from Dice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch 1.4 Statement from Dice

Is it just me or do you guys get killed by walking to close to a tank trying to plant c4 as it is now? I dont really see a problem with it unless you can still use it to blow infantry or something. Who asked them to change it?

Comment

You'll die if you get caught between a wall and any vehicle, or even close to one lol

Comment

Just walking beside a tank, doesnt have to be a wall there. Maybe it only happens if you touch the tank but its pretty hard not to when your trying to dodge fire and plant c4 so it happens to me alot.

Comment

I think the patch looks good. I like the increased hit points for the transport choppers. Maybe it will restore some of the glory days of the BH in Mashtuur and Gulf of Oman. Now, I know its not gonna be a killing machine like it was, but maybe now they'll have a chance to make it to land without being shot down by 1 jeep with a .50cal.

I really like the idea of the delay from prone to standing. If it gets rid of those darn fish floppers, that'll be great. That video of VOLX is a prime example of players I can't stand to play against. Lets face it, if you're an AT Kit or Support kit, carrying 80lbs of equipment, you shouldn't be able to jump from a prone position to prone in the air. What these players are doing is hitting jump, then prone, to go prone in the air, landing on the ground, then quickly somehow going unprone, then jump again, so it looks as if you are jumping from your belly. Like one guy said, ground humping. It severly decreases your hitbox and looks f.ucking rediculous.

"Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving "

This one, I question a little bit. Maybe that means your HUMVEE won't get the crap beat out of it just by driving it. It IS annoying that you drive your car from one flag to another and it's lost 25% health, and no one even shot at you. Its supposed to be an off road vehicle to begin with. I just hope this doesn't get exploited somehow.

"Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground"

Finally! That marker got on my nerves!

"Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively."

As a server admin, on a server that has few players on it at times, I like this idea.

Comment

Today the 16th.
            No Patch
            Thanks EA for nothing

Comment

so, is this **** released or is DICE just ****ing up with us?

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
                Today the 16th.
                No Patch
                Thanks EA for nothing

Err, neither Dice nor EA said it was being released today. The 'community' decided that fact for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Deceiver
                  Now let's hope those fixes work and no other problems arises .
                  no other problems? keep wishin boy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                    Err, neither Dice nor EA said it was being released today. The 'community' decided that fact for themselves.
                    Yeah. I hate that.
                    Damn you Ea and Dice!
                    I read on the =PBF= Forums that someone hacked into EA or something and got the patch and now is Making it downloadable, but don't download it!
                    you will have to re-instill BF2
                    Wait until all the good sites (Like here and =PBF=) Get the patch

Comment

I'm starting to wonder myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe
                        they are trying to make it realistic. can you lay down in 0.1 second and get back up?
                        I can't get shot in the head and come back to life either in 15 seconds someplace else.

Please don't bring realism into it.

Originally posted by x_knight_x
                        C4 throwing is a very strategic way to take down a tank
                        Especially tanks/apc's camping the Hotel spawn on Karkand. Tank whoring just got a whole lot easier.

Originally posted by RocketChild
                        Lets just all hope we will see 1.5 in a couple months. There are a lot of things I would like to see added, changed that did not make the patch, but I am still happy to see that the stablity is greatly improved.
                        Instead of this other bullchit they included in the 1.4...like new map,new mode and further nurfing c4. They should of been working none stop on the stability issue and had it out weeks ago.

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                        Easy there, sugar-tits.

ROFL, you had me at sugar-tits.

Comment

Why no mention about the damn SRAW/TOW glitch. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to sneak up on a tank, getting on a TOW and firing. Only to watch the rocket go right thru the armor, then getting killed before you can fire a 2nd shot ! ! !

I can't believe that they won't address this issue. It has been happening more and more with the Chopper TV missles as well!

Comment

Originally posted by NOSKills001
                            Why no mention about the damn SRAW/TOW glitch. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to sneak up on a tank, getting on a TOW and firing. Only to watch the rocket go right thru the armor, then getting killed before you can fire a 2nd shot ! ! !

I can't believe that they won't address this issue. It has been happening more and more with the Chopper TV missles as well!
                            Tru dat my friend. I'm pissed about that too. I thought they were working on net code to sort this problem. My biggest gripe is with TV missiles going through other choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by NOSKills001

I've had this happen quite often in the last 2 weeks. I sneak up on a Tank/APC and my SRAW goes right through with no damage and I get owned with a blast to the face.

Comment

Yet no where in that list, is there the bug that causes the slide show effect in the SF helos. FFS

Comment

Working...
                                X