Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch 1.4 Statement from Dice

Originally posted by BlackOps_Black
    Have you guys heard the new rumor about the patch ??They took away all the weapons and replaced them with sticks and stones.
    i heard they replaced the guns with sock shooters.

Comment

This is quite possibly the lamest patch notes I've ever seen.

The only positive things I can see to really come out of this patch are:

1) Server stability. Having a server crash during an awesome round sucks.

2) Adding delay between crouch and prone to prevent people who spam it with a macro. I don't enjoy fighting macroers and aside from the balance issue it just looks ridiculous.

Everything else is such a non-issue it's hardly even noticable. Sure I might get a CTD on join once every few times I play but it only delays my play a couple of minutes and sure I might kill a teammate because they have a red nametag but it hardly ever happens.

The patch has more negatives than positives from what I can see with destructive things in the patch such as:

1) No Vehicle mode. What a load of f&*king bull$**** this will be if it's ranked. It totally goes against the spirit and essense of Battlefield 2. It makes the game FAR too easy and makes padding up revive/grenade statistics far too easy. It'll basically corrupt the entire statistics system in fact and the best infantry rankings will only be held by people who exclusively play this mode. I mean making this type of server as of right now is illegal FFS and it's because of the statistics imbalance. More than that it'll divide the community and unbalance the normal servers by increasing the number of people who want to pilot vehicles of a given server. It's just a bad idea all the way around and the only way I'd ever accept it is if it was unranked. Instead of this tragedy DICE could've taken that precious developement time and fixed the below.

Then of course DICE FAILED to fix several easily addressed balance issues that are currently plaguing every single server in the game.. things such as:

1) J-10 imbalancd and air to air missiles ease of use. Need I say more? It's pathetic. All they had to do was revert 1.12 A2A missiles settings... how hard would that be?

2) Indestructable claymores. I don't think it's very fun to be forced to order one of my squadmates to suicide on a claymore so we can revive him and move in to capture a flag.

3) Grenade spam. No support should not be able to resupply grenades like they currently do (either as fast or not as all). Because of this imbalance a huge chunk of players spend entires rounds doing nothing but throwing down supply packs and chucking grenades from behind a fence (mostly on Karkand but this can happen on any map) and can often end up with 40 or more kills with absolutely no skill required.

4) Performance optimization. Why do I get 80-100 frames steady in the 1.0-1.12 patches but only get around 60 on the current patch? Such a large performance loss through patching is inexcusable.

I could go on and on but fact is most of the stuff DICE wasted their time with is a complete non-factor when deciding the quality of my Battlefield 2 gameplay experience. What a horrible patch and I can only hope they left the meat of the patch changes out of that announcement because otherwise they have failed miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        :laugh: t_c - play more engineer.
        how about claymores placed in corners or when theres absolutly no way to get behind them? what then?

Comment

"Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting"

Yay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by t_c
            1) still no J-10 nerf
            its not really a nerf the j10 situation, its a "missiles that are on cource to hit a jet, should hit it, not fly up to the engine and fly off" situation.
            Originally posted by t_c
            2) claymores still indestructible
            amen
            Originally posted by t_c
            6) boost the power/splash damage on the BH miniguns!!!!!!
            id definitly perfer an accuracy and power boost to any kind of splash damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
              Anti-Tank Missle need to be Better! It almost takes 3-4 rocket shots to even kill a Tank or APC. 2 with Chopper (I don't mind)
              You can't even hit a jet with an Anti- Tank Shot.
              Also The Jeeps need to be destroy with one anti-tank shot.
              I agree with this one.

Think about it...there's a tank sitting there trying to kill you, but you have to shoot it 3-4 times to kill it. But what is this?! A crate next to the tank?! It's health is full again before you can even reload the rocket.

STOP THE CRATES FROM REPAIRING TANKS!

Comment

hope they fixed the j-10.

Comment

Originally posted by lamri35UK
                  Its not even out yet and you're having a moan!!
                  Give it a chance
                  nah, he has a valid point, aa missiles are screwing up this game majorly, way more than anything on the 1.4 changelog.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                    nah, he has a valid point, aa missiles are screwing up this game majorly, way more than anything on the 1.4 changelog.
                    Amen im pissed about the prone to standing, makes it harded to get use too

Comment

• Re: Patch 1.4 Statement from Dice

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                      Its hard enough getting the Veteren Explosive Ordinance badge now there making it more difficult.
                      as long as i can still car bomb and throw them on ceilings im fine with it.
                      Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                      And that delay from proning to standing.
                      they are just trying to fix dolphin diving, still doesnt seem to be the right way to go about it, once more, what we really need is a fire delay from standing to prone, its like cs as is, prone is the answer to everything, just like crouch is the answer to everything in cs.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
                        ever think about shooting the crate with a rocket?

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]Master_Chief
                          I don't see anything about projectiles going through vehicles. I thought they were fixing the net code also.
                          that and projectiles actually hitting vehicles or people, smoke puffs and vehicle displacment occurs, but no damage is taken at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
                            I agree with this one.

Think about it...there's a tank sitting there trying to kill you, but you have to shoot it 3-4 times to kill it. But what is this?! A crate next to the tank?! It's health is full again before you can even reload the rocket.

Two AT rounds to the sloping treads will start a tank burning and then explode. Same with APC but to where the wheels curve to the ground. If there's a bloody crate next to the tank/APC, shoot it or grenade it!

Please quit whining/crying to nerf the game just because you can't figure out how to adapt or overcome a situation! Use that bloody space between your ears for something more than just a loud echo chamber!

I'll have to agree with Planewhore about this patch. And the fact that they found a few bugs even after releasing it to the ranked servers and NOW have to hold off for a while to fix those bugs. Just doesn't bode well for what presumably will be the last patch for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                              if they nerfed the armor on choppers maybe 2 tv's to take them out now? my guess..
                              buff not nerf, and it will still be a 1 shot kill with tv, possitive.

Originally posted by HIV
                              And I so wish since day one, that you could put C4 on another player. Stick it on his back, and when he gets around his squadmates....BOOOOOM!.
                              or put it on yourself and scream praise allah, lalalalalala!

Comment

Looking good to me

Comment

Working...
                                X