Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banned

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64
    O.K. Genius. The Geneva Convention covers non-military targets. There are no non-military targets in BF2.
    You were owned. You didn't specify BF2 war. In real war you aren't allowed to attack certain things.

Now I will argue however, that you can violate the Geneva Conventions, just hope you win. :P

Comment

A few days ago i was on a SF server, i went to blow the UAV at the other teams uncap and this guy starts shooting at me, so i shoot back and kill him, then blow the uav, then i got kicked for "Spawn Raping an Uncap" f-ing bullSh!t

Comment

It's all because server admins are whiney babies. There is a reason why there are AA pieces at most uncaps. Not just because they're pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelman56
          It's all because server admins are whiney babies. There is a reason why there are AA pieces at most uncaps. Not just because they're pretty.
          Its all because Server admins pay for those servers which you enjoy everyday. Their server, their rules, there are plenty of no holes barred servers out there for people of your persuasion. Go find one of those.

Comment

but they are pretty....

i got a few in my garden.....makes a nice decoration

Comment

BF2 servers are expensive.

Our UK-based 40 slot ranked server is £101 ($191 / €150) per month. That's a LOT of money to most people. And there's only a couple of us pay. A 64-slot server is a lot more. I don't know how that compares to other countries.

My point ...?

Clans pay a lot of money for a ranked server. Most - like my clan - will have got a ranked server because we were sick of lame smacktards on publics etc etc.

It therefore follows that clans will want to impose their own rules which will aid THEIR OWN enjoyment. I certainly wouldn't want to spend over £100 of Her Majesty's Sterling per month, only to have someone dictate to me what I must and must not do. I can spend my money in other ways!

That's why the ROE covers a lot of sensible areas of gameplay which most clans will adopt (padding, cheating, TK etc), but at the same time allows for other aspects to be decided on, on a server-by-server basis (uncaps etc).

Some clans have very strict rules on exactly how to play the game, whilst others give you a degree of freedom, as long as you don't take the pi$$. As long as the mandatory aspects of the ROE are followed, then people can't really complain about the bits which clans have tailored for themselves.

Personally - I wouldn't (don't) have a rule regarding taking out the assets on the ship by jet. It's nowhere near a ship spawn point, it's a perfectly legal target, and I'd rather take out an asset with minimal risk of getting killed (ie. from the air as opposed to going there in person!). You can come over to the ship as spec ops too (with your personal medic and support guy) and take out the assets, and steal a blackhawk, and make good your escape. Just don't hang about and spawn kill.

Clans should be thanked for subsidising the BF2 community and giving us all somewhere to enjoy the game. Not all servers are to everyone's liking, but we can ALL find somewhere WE can enjoy.

The internet's a big place !!

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                bombing commander assets in the plane? How many runs does it take to destroy the Sat or UAV trailers? I know it takes about 50 rounds with an M1A2

1 Laser missle destorys any asset. just line up your co pilot and let him take i t out.

the bombs work well too

Comment

ya i was on that server, and i got banned too. i wasnt doing anything wrong, yet they banned all of our clan members!!!gay i tell you

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                    bombing commander assets in the plane? How many runs does it take to destroy the Sat or UAV trailers? I know it takes about 50 rounds with an M1A2

Isnt that a bit**, that 3 rounds will destroy another tank but not a little trailer?? I mean really, that radar dish in the real world would be down with an M100 (well placed) but a tank shell wont hardy scratch the paint off.

On topic Ive seen planes on Daqing take out the trailer in one run many times.

Originally posted by delemorte
                    thats why my server plays will no rules besides tking. if its usable in the game then use it and wreck as much havoc as you can... hell its a game have fun...
                    Whats the IP? Is it US?

Originally posted by Breitheamh
                    A few days ago i was on a SF server, i went to blow the UAV at the other teams uncap and this guy starts shooting at me, so i shoot back and kill him, then blow the uav, then i got kicked for "Spawn Raping an Uncap" f-ing bullSh!t
                    Happens all the time, like they expect you to just strole up to their sh** and blow it. Then leave casually without dying or killing anyone. Even worse is the servers that say you cant steal vehicle's. Hey if you can't or arent using your APC and I can get to it. Im taking it. Course Ill wait till Im out of your uncap before I kill anyone else. Im not down with the spawn camping crap.

Comment

Originally posted by dstewart1982
                      ya i was on that server, and i got banned too. i wasnt doing anything wrong, yet they banned all of our clan members!!!gay i tell you
                      No Stu I was talking about another server. Last night was funny though. Another ex. of 13 year old di*kheads running a server. We had 5 or 6 clan members playing. 1 was in a chopper, he was fighting enemy chopper and almost won. The enemy chopper ran away to uncap to heal so my buddy went behind him to finish the job. He ended up blowing him up at the uncap, and got kicked for baserape lol. He then came back and went on foot to destroy assets. He was fired upon, and returned fire killing 2 enemys, he got banned. Another clanmate asked why the ban, they then banned him too. 10 sec. after that all clan members playing got banned. Thats abusing admin powers.

Comment

I like no rules, if you cant play the dam game right dont whine. Go find another server bro.

Comment

we need a filter in the browser to filter out servers with ridiculous rules!

either that or the roe needs revision, check out my roe thread, better yet post on it!

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89348

Comment

OK hold on I just read the latest ROE, I think I might have to retract my apology check this outhttp://www.bfroe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171 section 2.3.2 Ill quote ROE-
                            Making attacks on enemy bases (flags that cannot be captured) artillery strikes, vehicles droped to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks (note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commanders asset buildings are always allowed even if they are within the enemys main base)
                            anyone who has previously posted about ROE please post what you think about this. Ecpecilly- Deliverance, RocketPunch and Repent

Comment

Originally posted by stunt ridah
                              OK hold on I just read the latest ROE, I think I might have to retract my apology check this outhttp://www.bfroe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171 section 2.3.2 Ill quote ROE- anyone who has previously posted about ROE please post what you think about this. Ecpecilly- Deliverance, RocketPunch and Repent

Thats a good find, think you may have a winner

Comment

and I take it you recieved your 55,000 plus kills because you like to camp uncaps? Do much carrier bombing with the J-10? How about sitting outside of an uncap in a helicopter mowing every soul that spawns down?

Stunt Ridah, banned from the LaidBackCrew server anytime recently? Your name looks familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X