No announcement yet.

What makes a good VoIP'ing Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes a good VoIP'ing Commander?

i remember a commander once that literally was on top of every situation, and was communicating them verbally

told me to turn around, that an enemy was behind me. saved my butt that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
      I hate it when annoying 10 year old british kids come on voip and start screaming "Zomg! apc going for factory!!! 1 person vodnik at the train accident!!! Move out of the way for arty!!!
      :rofl:
      I almost spit soda all over the monitor when I read that post! hahaha!

Comment

Personally, I use VOIP when I command, and prefer commanders who use it. I can certainly understand when someone is "flapping their gums" and being a "chatty kathy", and agree that is not the way to do it. It's like the commander who spots every single thing. The constant "enemy infantry spotted", "enemy jet spotted", etc. I had one the other night who went on the entire match spotting everything! I had to take off my headphones as it gave me a pounding headache.

I tell the commander that I am going to be defending TV, or attacking train wreck, etc., and it's good to hear him say "roger that squad 3." I realize some people do not have mics, so at least when I tell them that, they give me the "roger that", or "I read you". That lets me know that he understands how he can use me.

As commander, I usually only spot leakers, or tell squadleaders that their request for UAV/ARTY/Supplies might take 15 seconds before it's ready. If I get a request for supplies, and the recharge bar isn't full, I'll say something like, "aquad 3, 15 seconds til supply drop. Most times I'll hear them say over VOIP (if he has it) ok, or they'll hit the roger key. I only speak if I have to, and not yammer incessantly.

Most commanders already know this, so this if for the benefit of people who've never heard of it. If you are commading, and the UAV is already up, and you're between scans, you can right-click around and an area and select "spotted", and if there is an enemy there, he will show up. Otherwise it will just be red question marks....

Comment

Working...
        X