30FPS on Karkand w/7900GT WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30FPS on Karkand w/7900GT WTF???

What the hell is wrong with this game? 30fps on Karkand is UNACCEPTABLE no matter what the circumstances. I could get better than that on my 6800GT last year before these terrible patches.

DICE, CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE DAMNED GAME?????:wall: :wall:

Re: 30FPS on Karkand w/7900GT WTF???

lol 30 fps is good compared to my 5 FPS on every server i join

Comment

Originally posted by litefire
      lol 30 fps is good compared to my 5 FPS on every server i join

Wow, I don't see how you could have fun playing like that.

Comment

lol ya seriously
        not always five though, sometimes i get up to 15 or 20
        how i get kills?sometimes i just get lucky and my crosshair moves to the enemy and i click, its hard but i kinda get used to it hehe. most of my kills and stuff are at my friends house playing on his alienware :-D.by the way i got a 1.70 celeron 1024 PC133 RAM and Nvidia GEForce 6200 256 MB AGP, upgrading to a x1600 512 AGP soon w00t w00t!!!!!!:-)))

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
          What the hell is wrong with this game? 30fps on Karkand is UNACCEPTABLE no matter what the circumstances. I could get better than that on my 6800GT last year before these terrible patches.

curious what psu do you have?

is this a recent thing or have you always got 30fps with that card.

also what settings do you have gfx wise(all high)

i got a amd 3200venice core (defualt speeds)and 1.5 g ram and a 6600gt(agp) and i get 50fps on karkand.

please dont flame me i am trying to help.

i suspect its not the game but somthing to do with youre system(defraged lately,virus check ect if so cool)

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
            curious what psu do you have?

is this a recent thing or have you always got 30fps with that card.

also what settings do you have gfx wise(all high)

i got a amd 3200venice core (defualt speeds)and 1.5 g ram and a 6600gt(agp) and i get 50fps on karkand.

please dont flame me i am trying to help.

i suspect its not the game but somthing to do with youre system(defraged lately,virus check ect if so cool)

I would never flame someone who genuinely wishes to help!

Everything on High 4xaa, no Vsync, 83.90 drivers (these give the best performance), it does this even after a windows format and install. Just swapped from a 7800gt.

Here's the sequence:

-6800GT with below specs from August->November 40-80fps all high.
            -7800GT 495mhz/1.22ghz got 70-90 November->February then 25-45fps.
            reformatted, tried changing everything but GPU RAM and PSU
            -7900GT 635/1620 30-50fps on full city maps.

Every other game runs fine. I average 60fps in FEAR with all maxxed out settings.

I just got a 9859 5 minutes ago in 3dmark05. Have done all routine PC and OS maintenance in the past 2 days.

Comment

83.90 drivers give best performance? I've always had the latest.

I think 30FPS is completely playable and smooth. My computer drops down to 15 on medium low sometimes. But I'd rather have it medium low than low because I can't stand the reduced quality graphics. (DICE why couldn't you have made the "low" graphics a bit more bearable)

Comment

I bought a card that is a generation above my old 6800GT which got better Framerates a year ago. I didn't spend 300 bucks to get lesser performance. I just pulled a 10,010 in 3dmark05 a minute ago to test out my new clocks.

Comment

BF2 is horribly optimized for high end cards, hence why any other high end game will actually take the almost full advantage of a 500 dollar card.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with this game?
                    How did you come to the conclusion that this post met the requirements to be placed in the "Bug Reports" section?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                      BF2 is horribly optimized for high end cards, hence why any other high end game will actually take the almost full advantage of a 500 dollar card.
                      That needs to change.

Alot of people are spending dollars to get a crappy game to run at something they hope is decent.

Comment

Try cleaning your system, u know adaware, nod32 as antivirus, registry mechanic and regvac for registry care, diskeeper 10 for defragment.
                        30 fps is too low, i know the feeling of such disappointment. I get 80-180 all maxed out with 7800gtx 256.
                        Did u try reintalling? (first the patch).
                        What else can I think of...
                        Try shuting down all taskbar processes and "USER" processes in Task Manager, except for explorer.exe.

Try deleting everything in C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache, and C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2.

Read these: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26653

If u'll google for performance improvement, u'll probably meet up with some guides to disable Services with services.msc. I suggest u not to mess up with this thing, it can cause real problems.
                        Oh, and don't use guides to tweak your inner computer preferences.
                        I used a guide in IGN (IGN! do u get it?), it told me to dl some software named "TuneXP" (D-Force). [i]Yeah, great, now i'll get 300fps instead of poor 150fps[i]. That's what I think the most. So typical, so stupid.
                        After carefully reading the instructions, I cautiously chose the right preferences to tweak, and BAM I got the NTLDR is missing press any key to restart problem.
                        The BIOS can't identify the HD, so here we go, stuck before even the "Windows XP Loading" windows appears, with nothing to do.
                        It's bad like someone getting into a coma, and you'll probably have to delete all his memories to save him.
                        I hardly got out of this, but just in case, I know I sound like your (probably) mother, but I just don't want anybody get into this.

How to fix the NTLDR is missing error that occur when booting a Microsoft Windows computer.

Comment

Well. Ive got a Maxtor One Touch III with everything on it. A perfect Duplicate of my computer. Should anything happen I'll be back up once the files get all transferred.

If you get 60 fps yer doing good on any game. Anything over 30 is what the human eye sees in real life, 60 is good and anything over is just "High horsepower" which is useful in close combat.

Comment

I can tell a difference between 40 and 60 most of the time. 30 is utterly terrible. I get 60 when there isn't much going on but any kind of battle at a flag makes it get choppy.

Comment

I just pulled a 10,010 in 3dmark05 a minute ago to test out my new clocks.

A what what now?... apparently you are talking about a test for video cards, tell me more.

Comment

Working...
                              X