Hind vs Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hind vs Apache

Does everyone one else think that, the mobility of the Apache, far exceeds that of the Hind. What is suppose to be the equalizer, rate of fire or something. I mean seriously the Hind feels like a blimp.

http://www.whimsical-art.com/ProdImages/NoahsBlimp.jpg

I can fly both no problem, but I feel like thie Hind got the short-end of the stick.

Also, I really like how the pod missilles from the pilot can actually kill infantry, as opposed to vanilla BF2. In vanilla you can put a rocket right on a troop and not kill them, but in special forces you can put a rocket near them and get the kill (the way it should be). But while the blast radius is larger for the pods, the radius for the gunner's guns is horrible. Sometimes you have to bead your shot on a guy for a few seconds, which is ridiculous.

Re: Hind vs Apache

the choppers in Special Forces are horrible - the main gun is like firing the SAW standing up, the TV guided is practically useless, the handling compared to the Cobra is horrific
    Props to those who excel in them - especially on Ghost Town

Comment

They need to balance it out to have the Hind transport 4 troops. I mean come on, it's a HIND! IT TRANSPORTS PEOPLE TOO!

Comment

They need to balance it out to have the Hind transport 4 troops. I mean come on, it's a HIND! IT TRANSPORTS PEOPLE TOO!
        Yep it does transport people. up to 8 people i think.

Comment

yeah the apache is smaller than the hind and faster making it harder to hit than the apache but its just my thought

Comment

There's more to life than balance.

Comment

I feel that the Hind is very heavy when I use it.They both are cool but the Hind does feel heavy and a bit slower than the Apache.

But they kick *** man!

Comment

Is it a Mi-28 Havoc? Or a Mi-24 Hind? The Havoc doesn't carry troops.

I thought it was the Havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by Factor_Z
                  Is it a Mi-28 Havoc? Or a Mi-24 Hind? The Havoc doesn't carry troops.

I thought it was the Havoc.
                  It is the Mi-24 Hind that is in Special Forces. After all, this is the Special Forces section of the forums.

Back on topic, yes the Apache has an advantage over the Hind, but the use of intelligent tactics (and a good gunner) is the best way to down an Apache.

Comment

Originally posted by Zer0ed-In
                    It is the Mi-24 Hind that is in Special Forces. After all, this is the Special Forces section of the forums.

Back on topic, yes the Apache has an advantage over the Hind, but the use of intelligent tactics (and a good gunner) is the best way to down an Apache.
                    Apparently, douchebag, it's the Mi-35. An updated electronic version. Back on topic, you're a douchebag.

After all, you're a douchebag. And your brilliant suggestion: "intelligent tactics (and a good gunner)" - well damn, isn't that true everywhere, from RIB's to J-10's? Thanks for your Einstienian input. Douchebag.

Sorry, I build helicopters for a living.

FX

Comment

I personally love the Hind. Its is much more stable, and in Ghost Town that stability goes along way. Navigating at low altitudes through closer quarters is done with ease in a Hind. Compare that to the finicky, over sensitive Apache, and the Hind is gods gift of military helicopters. So many times have I seen skilled copter pilots crash there Apache while trying to make a simple landing or takeoff.

Comment

Although I've not had the chance to fly either in Spec Forces - people should realise that in that amazing world outside called "real life" - the two choppers aren't supposed to be balanced against each other.

Ones a gunship.

The other is a beautifully ugly, flying tank that can transport a squad in it's guts.

They don't need to be balanced in game. Enjoy them both for their differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Factor_Z

Apparently, douchebag, it's the Mi-35. An updated electronic version. Back on topic, you're a douchebag.

After all, you're a douchebag. And your brilliant suggestion: "intelligent tactics (and a good gunner)" - well damn, isn't that true everywhere, from RIB's to J-10's? Thanks for your Einstienian input. Douchebag.

Sorry, I build helicopters for a living.

FX

Your cookie is in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                            the choppers in Special Forces are horrible - the main gun is like firing the SAW standing up, the TV guided is practically useless, the handling compared to the Cobra is horrific
                            Props to those who excel in them - especially on Ghost Town
                            I disagree. The SF choppers are awesome. Atleast its realistic to the sense when the missiles land near infantry it kills them. Which is exactly what any missile would do in real life.

I like the hind, just as much as the Apache. The hind has one big advanage in a helo to helo battle. It can climb, fast. Not to mention if you know how to aim the hydras you can down a apache easly. I don't get taken down to much by the Hind when I am in the apache. Infact it hardly ever happens. Then again I never die by the apache when I am in the HIND.
                            A good gunner, can tv missile the apache. Sometimes a gunner isn't always an option. So learning the hydra's, and the different spread patterns you can hit with, is the best way. It only takes 3 if done right .

Either way it goes both helicopters are awesome, in this game (I don't know about real life), can be effective, and a threaten to other helicopters as well is armor. If I have a gunner with the hind, I try to line him up on tanks, and other hinds.

Comment

Apache rules, missles are closer together

Comment

Working...
                              X