Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P90 or SCAR-L?

Originally posted by Sir. Seal
    TBH I cant aim with red dot scope but I can aim with iron sights, I've taken dozens of snipers out with g36e.
    I used to have same problem with the red-dot, bro. It's because every time we use red-dot scope, we tend to zoom in, aim and then shoot, in order to land every round on the target by shooting in single or short bursts. It's just not the way a low damage weapon such as a SMG supposed to be used. The trick is zoom in, point the dot at the target ROUGHLY, then spray and pray. Let the dense fire rain down on you enemy. The 900 rpm fire rate will get a kill for you in couple seconds if you are not shooting something over 50 yards.

Comment

I suggest you get G36C + DAO-12(Since you don't have them yet)

DAO-12 > P90

G36C = SCAR-L

Comment

I have almost the same problem (P90 or SCAR-L), howewer i must take into consideration additional guns: MP7, Jackhammer and MG36... So i did some test - in singleplayer with unlocks i was shooting to healthy bots (with armor and without) and write how many bullets need to be shoot in chest to kill bot.
        SCAR-L:
        Armored(A): 6 bullets
        Non armored(NA): 4

G36c
        A: 7
        NA: 4

P90
        A: 8
        NA: 6

MP7

MG36
        A:6

G36e
        A: 6

As wee can see, SCAR != G36c. IMO SCAR is better altough it's slightly less accurate. But a have feeling that SCAR is better when standing...
        MP7 = P90, but P90 has laser sight, so one more '+' for P90.
        MG36 is niiice less damage, but faster and i think more accurate in auto.
        thats little OT, but hope it helps..

Comment

The SCAR-L Is less accurate than the G36C and offers such little damage difference it's not really worth it unless you really can't aim without the red dot.
          http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf...c&showall=true

The P90 on the other hand offers superior accuracy, range and ammo capacity over every other SMG except the MP7, which is equal with a smaller clip capacity. And it's an engineer unlock at any rate.
          http://www.pixelwebgroup.com/temp/bf...5&showall=true

The point is, the SCAR-L doesn't hold up to the G36C.

The DAO offers a shotgun option for AT users, just as the MP7 offers an SMG option to engineers, in both cases offering unlocks that are better than their default counterparts. It's all down to class and weapon preference.

Comment

Do NOT waste an unloack on the P90.
            Definately get the SCAR-L. Its a good gun, despite what a lot of people say its actually pretty effective if you take the time to practice.

In my experiences, the P90 is useless unless 5m away, and then you need almost a whole clip to take a guy down. (How many times do you get that sort of opportunity before he gets you?)

Comment

I totally agree. The P90 is like crap at any sort of long-range. Get the SCAR-L over it.

Comment

Originally posted by wjp1
                I have almost the same problem (P90 or SCAR-L), howewer i must take into consideration additional guns: MP7, Jackhammer and MG36... So i did some test - in singleplayer with unlocks i was shooting to healthy bots (with armor and without) and write how many bullets need to be shoot in chest to kill bot.
                SCAR-L:
                Armored(A): 6 bullets
                Non armored(NA): 4

G36c
                A: 7

P90

MP7

MG36
                A:6

G36e
                A: 6

As wee can see, SCAR != G36c. IMO SCAR is better altough it's slightly less accurate. But a have feeling that SCAR is better when standing...
                MP7 = P90, but P90 has laser sight, so one more '+' for P90.
                MG36 is niiice less damage, but faster and i think more accurate in auto.
                thats little OT, but hope it helps..
                SCAR-L 4/6

G36C 4/7

G36E 4/5

Comment

Go for the P90. The SCAR-L is not an improvement over the G36C. The P90 is an improvement over the other SMGs, and although the DAO rules at close range, you will find the P90 useful on maps where you might need to engage people at longer ranges. Short version - the P90 improves your options, the SCAR-L does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Paholainen
                    Do NOT waste an unloack on the P90.
                    Definately get the SCAR-L. Its a good gun, despite what a lot of people say its actually pretty effective if you take the time to practice.

In my experiences, the P90 is useless unless 5m away, and then you need almost a whole clip to take a guy down. (How many times do you get that sort of opportunity before he gets you?)
                    P90 is not a waste. It all comes down to play style...

If you are used to getting close and using a shotgun and are really good with it, of couse your success with the DAO will be better.

BUT if you are more used to mid range fights then the p90 WILL serve you better in most of your engagements.

I personally am more of a mid range fighter, medic is my most used kit so when transitioning to the AT kit I have much more success with the p90. I have also found that the p90 is WAY better than the default SMG in those CQB situations when you say "oh sh!t" someone just ran into me from around the corner.

I comes down to play style. Some players like closer engagments and thus like the shotguns becuase that is what they are for. While others like me avoid close engagements as much as possible and find the more accurate and rate of fire weapons more useful in general use.

Comment

If you HAVE to play AT, then yea, the P90 is obviously better than your other options. But since you don't, and you're looking into the SCAR-L as well, there's no competition between the SCAR-L and P90. The SCAR-L is more accurate and more powerful. Again, it comes down to which class do you play more, SpecOps or AT. I wouldn't want to be stuck with a P90 in anything but a face-to-face firefight though.

Comment

The problem is that everyone is comparing the P90 to the SCAR-L. Of course the SCAR is going to come out on top, the P90 is not meant to compete witht the SCAR. The SCAR just doesn't hold a candle to the G36C, and the P90 tops all the other SMGs, that's the point. Not whether the SCAR is better than the P90. The P90 is the best AT kit SMG, and the SCAR is not the best SpecOps carbine, that title is taken by the G36.

Comment

SCAR-L for good ACC shots
                          P90 for short range shots and single shots for good middle range

Comment

Theres a reason unlocks are not aloud in tourney's. They're simply for n00bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampy
                              Theres a reason unlocks are not aloud in tourney's. They're simply for n00bs.
                              That's what the noobs say.

Comment

Working...
                              X