Semi-Auto Sniper (Unlock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Semi-Auto Sniper (Unlock)

The M95 should be more realistic, I want to shoot through an engine block and stop that damn vodnik in it's tracks.

Comment

Why, you only need one shot?

Comment

Originally posted by BioDiaperX
        Actually sassback, there is an HK sniper rifle called the PSG-1, and that's what i was referring to. Also, whoever posted about the M107, that would have been much better than the M95 because it is semi-auto. It wouldn't be that unbalanced if EA had thought about it and slowed down the snipers carrying it, and made the recoil higher.
        i said the MSG-1 because that is a variant of the PSG-1 that is designated for military use. the PSG-1 is intended for police and law enforcement use because it is somewhat fragile and cannot handle the harsh battlefield conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
          i said the MSG-1 because that is a variant of the PSG-1 that is designated for military use. the PSG-1 is intended for police and law enforcement use because it is somewhat fragile and cannot handle the harsh battlefield conditions.
          Aaahh ok thanks for clarifying.

Comment

I dont think they should make the recoil too bad, as in RL the recoil is no worse than a rifle firing a 7.62 round due to some fancy stuff in the M107. I wouldnt mind them making the sprint a bit shorter though say the same as a medic or something?

Comment

Either way, all good points, but I just don't understand why we didn't get one. PRMM has a 10 shot silenced rifle, and I absolutely love it (when im in the mood), oh well. We can only dream.

Comment

Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
                Why don't we have one?

I do love my M95 and L96A1, but sometimes a Dragunov is just fun to use!

So how come we couldn't get a 10 shot unlock for times that we're not MEC/PLA?

Surely it could have been better then the L96A1.

Thoughts? Comments?
                Excellent Idea! You are so right here man. It would be nice to choose from the M95 and a nice semi auto.

If you get lots of headshots (like I do), then the semi auto is the best sniper rifle out there. YOu can take out a whole squad, even if they spot you.

Comment

i want an L96A1 that you can **** without going out of zoom

Comment

Originally posted by alabama619
                    i want an L96A1 that you can **** without going out of zoom
                    what/???

Comment

I think a semi-auto would have been a nice addition, but the existing sniper rifle unlocks have their uses.

The M95 provides a good alternative for the M24 or L96, by virtue of its increased damage to heavy infanty and vehicles, balanced by it's decreased accuracy.

The L96 is basically an M24 for the MEC and PLA (negating the slight benefits over the M24).

Lots of people know that the M82A1 was probably originally planned for the game, as it has a profile picture in the BF2 folder.

Another teir of unlocks is what it would take to see a new sniper rifle in the game, and at this stage, that isn't going to happen. It'd be likely that a new semi-auto sniper would be introduced if there were a new teir, but hey.. this is EA we're talking about, remember? If there's no money to be made, they aint gonna touch it.

Comment

yeah i agree about the Semi-Auto sniper,....
                        but what gun would they add IF they will add a Semi snipa?

Comment

Either that, or a MSG-90. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Comment

m82 sniper rifle,in americas amy its semi auto but u rezoom every shot becuase of recoil and it has a huge muzzle flash and noise.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              Actually, if you look in the files, there IS a semi-auto gun... probably an unlock.

But it is just like the laser-designator... never made it in.
                              Sorry to bring this thread back to life :-/ But does that include the model coding etc? If so where is it located?

Comment

The semi autos are really useful sometimes, just not at the ranges you are used to from the M24 and L96A1.
                                They are more squad support rifles, close accurate fire support.

Comment

Working...
                                X