X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-10 will NOT be changed in 1.4

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Hey Guys,
    So we took a long hard look at this issue in relation to what we could try to do in 1.4.

We did some tuning to the J-10. Believe me or not most tuning we did actually made that lil sucker even more lethal (some people may have seen a server named 'J-10 Test' up within the last few weeks). Which brought us to the realization that if we were to do anything drastic to the J-10 it would likley ruin the vehicle unless we spent weeks in review and retuning.

We then reviewed what would be required to adjust the F35. The work and tuning and adjustment that would be required to try and bring the F35 up was roughly equal given the dual function of the F35 engine. I also received a crash course (har har) on hit box construction which helped me realize that this also would not be a simple adjustment and would also require weeks of adjustment and trial-and-error.

Long story short - This dynamic will not be changing in 1.4.

-C

Yeah...

"Weeks of weeks in review and retuning." not testing.....:laugh:

Re: J-10 will NOT be changed in 1.4

Why can't they just give them both the same flight characteristics?

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair
      Why can't they just give them both the same flight characteristics?
      Because they are DICE...

Comment

Omfg Wtf Are They Smoking The J-10 Is Way Overpowered In Real Life They Suck Worse Then Vaccum Cleaners.is it that hard to weaken there a2a missles or strengthen the a2a missles of the mig and the U.S jets.

Comment

They can develop a whole new game...BF2142, but a simple problem requires "weeks of review and retuning". Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            Because they are DICE...

so i assume the beta tests were pointless.

Comment

What's the big problem? Just give F35 improved A2A missles. Damn DICE/EA are lazy or what :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

If they don't change the J-10s in BF2, I am never playing Wake Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
                  If they don't change the J-10s in BF2, I am never playing Wake Again!

thats why i never play USMC on wake.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                    so i assume the beta tests were pointless.

:nod:

They did the beta tests to make us happy, when the full 1.4 patch comes out there are going to be changes we didn't ask for, as well as lack of changes we did ask for. Just like the 1.2 patch when they nerfed the MP7 and the attack helis.

Comment

What the motivation for not changing it? Unable to do so? That is unacceptable in my book.

I wonder if there is pressure comming from the "other side", the one's who love the imbalance, and will deny it to the end that it's overpowered.

Isn't it just a matter of changing it's physics with some adjustments?

How the hell do they know if they've "ruined" it by a few beta servers tests?

I have 27 seconds as an aviator, and even I know watching from the ground that jet simply dominates. Not to mention reading dozens of posts about it, and to the credit of most of the pilots I see post here, admit that there needs to be tweaking.

We may be seeing an adverse outcome in game development due to a points system.

Comment

MAKE THE MISSLES ****ING HIT.

im done. dont really care that much about manuevaribility. Make the missles hit and I will kick PLAs *** in wake.

Comment

when ime in a plane none of my missiles hit at all. apart from when ime in the J10.

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair
                            They can develop a whole new game...BF2142, but a simple problem requires "weeks of review and retuning". Lame.
                            This "ruin BF2 so everyone buy BF2142" tactic isn't going to work on me. I hope I'm not the only one. Anyway, they've had weeks for review and retuning.

Comment

What you are seeing is a very "well" *read - phucked up* thought out plan to keep the public busy running around in circles until 2142 is closer to deployment. If any of you read all of the issues posted in the section and the replys, they said in no uncertain terms that they werent changing any of the unbalanced gameplay issues, and were only going to focus on making sure that the servers didnt crash anymore.

If you look a little farther into this - it means they want to make sure that they know what causes this bug, since 2142 will be running on exactly the same code. Anyone who believes otherwise would appear at the moment to be highly susceptable to having smoke filled anus.

Comment

Working...
                              X