STATS RESET is it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STATS RESET is it right?

Here's my take, and answer to a few questions.

As far as the OP goes:

Ignorance is not a defense. Can you defend a speeding ticket by saying "everyone else is doing it"? Of course not.

It's not "mis-adverstisment". You can still play the game, you've been deprived of nothing if your stats get wiped out. If they got wiped out each week, you could still play the game.

EA has the right to do anything with "your" online account, it's actually theirs not yours. So they can do anything, and I mean anything. They could eliminate the entire system tommorrow if they feel the cost of tracking stats becomes too expensive (for example).

The ROE is written far to vaguely. This doesn't apply to K&P servers though, and if I"m not mistaken, even makes mention of that particular situation.

Unless the user can't read, I see no reason to absolve him getting his stats wiped. Wouldnt' everyone just claim ignorance? The true meaning of the word.

I can not care about stats, but at the same time want ranked K&P servers eliminated.

How? Even though I don't play for stats, I can certainly recogonize that a system that assigns points, badges, medals, and awards by way of statistics in order to dicpict some one's expereince and skill, needs to have some sort of strict policies how those stats are collected. Otherwise they mean nothing.

Just because I don't play for my own stats doesnt' mean I don't want everyone's else's and my own to reflect a standard one can at least rely on some what.

It's also a big part of autobalancing. Which affects me even though I don't play for stats.

Comment

It is NOT FAIR AT ALL.

A friend of mine got banned because he plays by clicking the "play bf2 now" button. He ends up in pistol knife servers & doesnt know.... gets stats reset. soooo not fair. he doesnt even know the title of the server he is on....

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
        Here's my take, and answer to a few questions.

As far as the OP goes:

Ignorance is not a defense. Can you defend a speeding ticket by saying "everyone else is doing it"? Of course not.

It's not "mis-adverstisment". You can still play the game, you've been deprived of nothing if your stats get wiped out. If they got wiped out each week, you could still play the game.

EA has the right to do anything with "your" online account, it's actually theirs not yours. So they can do anything, and I mean anything. They could eliminate the entire system tommorrow if they feel the cost of tracking stats becomes too expensive (for example).

The ROE is written far to vaguely. This doesn't apply to K&P servers though, and if I"m not mistaken, even makes mention of that particular situation.

Unless the user can't read, I see no reason to absolve him getting his stats wiped. Wouldnt' everyone just claim ignorance? The true meaning of the word.

I can not care about stats, but at the same time want ranked K&P servers eliminated.

How? Even though I don't play for stats, I can certainly recogonize that a system that assigns points, badges, medals, and awards by way of statistics in order to dicpict some one's expereince and skill, needs to have some sort of strict policies how those stats are collected. Otherwise they mean nothing.

Just because I don't play for my own stats doesnt' mean I don't want everyone's else's and my own to reflect a standard one can at least rely on some what.

It's also a big part of autobalancing. Which affects me even though I don't play for stats.

Good points and well put, however. There will never be any balance or standard level to judge anyones abilitys by points or stats. Especially at this point in the game where all the main players have K/P'ed H/P'ed so much that your rank or stat no matter how good or high will compare to the 1000's of players already at some extravagent point count. If they were truly going to stop this type of gameplay they should have done it at the outset. A year into it, who cares really?

In that light, the ROE is actually hampering truly honest players from ever reaching certain goals, the badges are hard enough to earn for a lot of players and the majority of them that have all of them expert didnt get them by just playing fair. Maybe the guys with 1000+ hrs but thats the only scenario that would give anyone the time and ability to get them all.

Ive seen many clans who have just played to lose and gain badges for there teammates, right there in the open in front of everyone. Simple enough "hey Im at the hotel by the burning car come get another pistol kill, knife kill, etc". Let some clanmate kill them enough to get the IAR and voila' free badge, not padded (In ROE terms) but not earned.

So my point stands, the ranks are so overstacked with these types of players that anyone who has just started playing, with all the "NEW" rules, doesnt have a chance to play to any standard but his own.

Comment

Live by the stats, die by the stats. Most standard EULA's have a disclaimer that the developer owns the software you are using and is issuing a license to you to use the software for a price (the price you paid for the game). It also usualy states that at any time they, the developer, can revoke your license for any reason they chose. This is not just EA, but Microsoft, Oracle, Symantec, Logitech... etc.

Comment

well, if you're on a KP only server....LEAVE. You should get your stats reset if you are caught there, its the same as cheating. You make it sound as though you want to be able to go to KP servers (im not accusing you of anything before you whip out the flamethrower).

Comment

This is the way I see it (just my 2 cents worth). If you want to play on a k&p server, you should be allowed to, without the risk of having your stats wiped. I personally don't play on them, but I think that the option should be open to any who wish to do so. I think it's stupid that there are rules about which type of server you can play on, when those who are hosting the server that set those rules, are paying to run the server. It should be run by whatever rules those who host the server have set. If you don't like those servers, don't play on them. It should be free choice.

Comment

guys, i play on a server with no vehicles or artillary (mostly). i only play as a medic and usually on noob jalalabad....recently when i go on a site to check my stats like bf2s.com it says they cant find my player info blah blah, but when i play in the game i still get new weapons, and increasing my rank etc. why cant i find my username on these websites? its been there before.....

btw, my name is: GangstaMedic

Comment

Originally posted by BFROE|DIR|Dacster
                  The players should read the EULA before checking the I agree button. It's EA's game and it's their ROE, all players and server owners are bound by it whether they choose to read it or not.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                  X