Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hard fact's about bf2 Aiming Reticle(including unlocks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The hard fact's about bf2 Aiming Reticle(including unlocks)

Seriously, I see nothing wrong with the sights or aim points.

Now, if you were to post pics of where the bullets actually hit with that aim, then you might have something.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil
      Seriously, I see nothing wrong with the sights or aim points.

Now, if you were to post pics of where the bullets actually hit with that aim, then you might have something.
      http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6190/g3highib2.jpg
      ^G3 look very close

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g36crx7.jpg
      ^g36c perfect now look at the same iron sigh but on the mg36

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1855/screen001at2.png

now mr-444 pistol
      http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/620...cer2048js6.png
      there's a few up close just incase u didnt click the pic again.

taking a screenshot with virtual cross hair is hard enough,to do it and fire a shot (to prove thats were the bullit goes)is painstakingly immpossible,maybe 1 out of 20 screenshots.

i may try and make a short fraps video when i get the time if youre ok with that.

but for now i recomend you test the guns youreself (remebering where i have showed true aim)

on a side note somebody made a thread about the mr-444 they concluded that the centre was higher than the ironsight,and also showed pics of were the bullit was going,if you can find it on this forum(or op post it here) you will see my fact's are indeed correct.

note alot of guns are straight,i show pics of them to for refernce,but there are guns that are not straight(thats the problem im addressing here)
      hope that clears this up for you.

Comment

I applaud your efforts and work. What I am concerned about though is that with all the deviation and recoil of these weapons, I'm not sure how much effect the aim points really have upon accuracy.

What I do when I use a new weapon or am tweaking my own is to get about 10-20 yards/meters away from a building with good contrast and fire single, burst and auto mags at it and check out the bullet holes. The game only keeps about 10-15 bullet holes from your weapon at a time though.

Comment

I love my G3, now I know why its somewhat inconsistent at longer ranges.

Comment

I applaud your efforts and work. What I am concerned about though is that with all the deviation and recoil of these weapons, I'm not sure how much effect the aim points really have upon accuracy.

What I do when I use a new weapon or am tweaking my own is to get about 10-20 yards/meters away from a building with good contrast and fire single, burst and auto mags at it and check out the bullet holes. The game only keeps about 10-15 bullet holes from your weapon at a time though.

sorry i misunderstood you,deviation does play a big role in the accuracy and recoil.

my main focus of the virtual cross hair was to pin point that 1st shot,(prefrable in singleshot)

but guns like pkm/g3/svd and other guns that can kill in one headshot,making a small ajustment in conjuction with my pics,can make a big differnce.

for the more trigger happy type of player it wouldnt make mutch differnce,as deviation and recoil come in to play.

from testing on my bot server,i found playing with the virtual crosshair and have my buddy stand still from variuos ranges,it makes a differnce when i play with accuracy in mind,

i.e prone single shot(when i can,pkm and mg36 have to tap)
            i was hiting around 70% headshot and 20% bodyshot +10%miss due to going for headshots.

i then conducted the same test without the virtual crosshair,and purposly used the ironsight on the gun(i.e pretending to have no knowlage of true centre)

headshots were rare with pkm and mg36.SVD was a bit more forgiving due to scope and range abilty.

but after 150m the SVD had a few problems shots were hiting but not giving many headshots.

i pm dice a while back and they agree not all the guns are lined up correctly(the guy who skined/made the ironsights got reallymad he couldnt get it fixed) i dont think dice did a bad job there almost straight.

i just made the guide to make them even straighter.

p.s im interseted in youre weapon cfg perhaps you could pm me youre msn/email and we could chat i think i could offer some idea's and maybe learn some of youre skills.

Originally posted by BryanG
            I love my G3, now I know why its somewhat inconsistent at longer ranges.
            glad you found some use for it i cant seem to get used to that gun at range either.

probaly due to me playing to mutch l96a1

Comment

What I am concerned about though is that with all the deviation and recoil of these weapons, I'm not sure how much effect the aim points really have upon accuracy.
              What I said too.

The game only keeps about 10-15 bullet holes from your weapon at a time though.
              This is a matter of the "Effects" setting in the video options.

Comment

Sorry Vint, and Thankee.

Comment

yeah, nice work it really pisses me off when i shoot using the scope and the bullets dont hit either where the dot or crosshairs are pointing...

Comment

M.M.MMMMMMm mega bump

plz help make topic popular so it can be sticky...

good info hear Exspeicaly for new players.

so if you find anything helpful please post youre comments and add a vote also

Comment

The MR444 is easy to aim with if you know what to do.

See how its sillouette is like a triangle with the top cut off? Trace the sides of it upward along the edges until your imaginary lines meet. That's exactly (or close enough to the other pistols) where it shoots to. I would actually take the MR444 over the Colt because you can see more of your target that way (once you know how to aim with it).

Comment

Does anyone know about the correct usage of the SCAR-H? It isn't up there.
                        I find it useless at long range, and even medium range with the iron sights is dicey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Missle View Post
                          Does anyone know about the correct usage of the SCAR-H? It isn't up there.
                          I find it useless at long range, and even medium range with the iron sights is dicey.
                          OK IVE UPDATED THE MAIN PAGE WITH SCAR-H ENJOY

Comment

I think that commiting the Info you uncovered for us to memory would go a long way toward increaseing the score of all the new players. When I try and guess what weapon I need to respawn with I usually will decide if its close quarters combat, medium to long range fight or a running battle. The info listed in the first post helps out a lot in making this decision. It almost always helps me get more points. Thanks, nice job. . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                              I think that commiting the Info you uncovered for us to memory would go a long way toward increaseing the score of all the new players. When I try and guess what weapon I need to respawn with I usually will decide if its close quarters combat, medium to long range fight or a running battle. The info listed in the first post helps out a lot in making this decision. It almost always helps me get more points. Thanks, nice job. . . . . . . . . . .Red
                              thanks red glad my guide helped you,i had g3 problems but now im getting better with distance shots.

which weapons do u use the most/had probs with prior to reading me post?

Comment

that acctually looks pretty acurate to me

Comment

Working...
                                X