Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hard fact's about bf2 Aiming Reticle(including unlocks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hard fact's about bf2 Aiming Reticle(including unlocks)

After reading a post SirFullForce posted about the actual aiming of some of the deafult weapons in bf2,

i was amazed at what i was looking at.so i decided to make an attempt to do this with the normal version of bf2(vbf2).

i also added unlocks to my project.and after hours of testing ,taking snapshots i finaly have some fact's i would like to share with the bf2 community.

i hope you like the guide i have made and would like to thank SIR Fullforce for the inspiration he gave me,and to the original person who did the 1st stage of testing(aka flanker -f)from the Project reality forums.
    the red/green crosshair is from a virtual crosshair to show true centre(where the bullit is realy going)

G3

G36c

L85A1

p90

pkm

l96a1

m95

type 88
    below is the work of flanker-f from PR forums

(above)92fs silenced(below)92fs
    (

(

(
    svd(Dragnov)

(above)Baghira_silenced(below)qzx 92 silenced

(above)qzx 92

i hope you found some of the results as interesting as i did,please comment on my post and any other comments.

ps i know i have left out the shotguns(there not really accurate anyway)
    all screen shot taken by me were at 1024x768 res in a local coop server with bots and unlocks.

NEW ADDED today 30/7/2006 the mg36 support weapon!!!!!

mg36

NEW ADDED 27/6/07 Scar-H assault weapon

Re: The hard fact's about bf2 Aiming Reticule(including unlocks)

Nice work there.

Comment

damn, look at g3 aim reticule... now i know why i couldn't hit shi* at long distances pkm reticule looks good...

Comment

what exactly are you talking about or displaying? is there something wrong with the ironsights and aimpoints? please link the thread you were talking about.

Comment

he is saying when you aim the IonSight isnt accurate to where the bullets are going, i think

Comment

Originally posted by Comrad_Joe
            he is saying when you aim the IonSight isnt accurate to where the bullets are going, i think
            *edit* i found the thread he was talking about http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ht=iron+sights

he never actually explained what this was about so its kind of hard to agree with him unless you have seen the post he was talking about, which i guess im gona have to just search for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
              he never actually explained what this was about so its kind of hard to agree with him unless you have seen the post he was talking about, which i guess im gona have to just search for now.
              Fairly obvious i think. the bullet goes where the red cross is and not where you actually aim.

Comment

oh!!! i only looked at a few of the screenshots, they were so low quality i didnt see the red cross there, thanks for pointing it out. now i nede ot go edit my post in the thread he was talking about.

Comment

sorry guys for not mentioning the red cross is where the bullit goes
                  thanks for sirfullforce for keeping the thread alive and pointing it out.

guns like g3 and mg36(no pics yet for mg36 comming soon) are way of to the right.

i just thought it would be a good idea to go through all of the weapons to show fellow bf2 players wherwe there guns are really aiming and posted it in this section hoping maybe dice would see and if possible straigten them up.
                  of course they may have intentionaly did it this way im not sure.

but check out the svd way of centre its not funny,all of the other snipers are dead on centre(boltaction anyway) the type 88 is a tad of but not mutch.

again i used a virtual crosshair that shows true centre and tested it in single player and the red x is dead on unlike some of the ironsights.

in a way i should of link the old thread but i did add all the content from that thread and some extra thanks to flanker-f.

hope this clears up a bit anything misleading.

p.s the pics i made were low res 1024x768 so save as and zoom in for a closer look.

Comment

In theory, this may cause many problems, but actually, the guns with iron sights are inaccurate at the distances where this would matter anyway, so multiple shots will still hit.

Comment

AH it has all become clear to me, nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Vintageologist
                        In theory, this may cause many problems, but actually, the guns with iron sights are inaccurate at the distances where this would matter anyway, so multiple shots will still hit.
                        yeh i agree at distances it wont matter,but my consern was why did dice code some of the weapons to be dead on and others a tad off,was this a mistake or intentinal?

modders like PR(project reality) or other realistic mods will have the trouble of having guns which are of centre.i will add a screenshot later of the mg36 this gun centre is so off its scary lol

its about halfway down the ironsight and of to the right.

thanks for youre view on this strange ironsight aiming.

just added the mg36 look at 1st post its at the bottom.

Comment

while I can understand DICE making the bullets not hit exactly where you shoot every time, What I dont understand is, why dont you let them hit DIRECT on atleast when you are completely still and prone. Alot of other games did this, yet in BF2 they didn't. I can understand they dont want the AK to be accurate (compared to m16 atleast) but why not be able to go prone. Not shoot for a few seconds and your accuracy can zero in on an area.

I would really appreciate a response from DICE on this particular subject because it is a popular thing in other games, but this, you still CANNOT hit someone even if you take your time. If you take your time to aim at someone/something you should hit that exact spot, even with an AK.

Comment

this is nothing new. Most have known it since the damn demo was released.

I've tested it as well, stood 15 ft from a wall. Shot full auto (from that distance, it would be nearly impossible not to hit target unless you are retarted) and I saw a few rounds actually hit the ground halfway there. And I was on local, by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                              this is nothing new. Most have known it since the damn demo was released.
                              so by most do you mean a few hundred people of the hundred thousands that play the game? i have been playing bf2 since the demo and i didnt know about this till now. yeah i knew aiming was crap with alot of weapons, but i didnt known it was like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X