Banned for not being german

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned for not being german

I was playing on Dalian Plant a few minutes ago, when I suddenly was banned. The reason stated: "not german" or something like that. I didn't have a high ping or anything, nor did I baserape or do anything against the rules. Are admins allowed to ban you just because you're of another nationality?

Here's the server:

k-play.de //Germany =HdCoor=Funny Baller Trupp
    81.3.59.136:37520:37521
    http://www.bf2players.net/query/81.3...4744914#result

Re: Banned for not being german

i think thats against BFROE, but i might be wrong

BTW: scr*w them, theres plenty of other servers in europe

Comment

I think admins can ban for any reason they want really. I was banned from a clan server for makin their clan look like morons.

Comment

I was just about to take a screenshot of the statement, when I was kicked

Comment

I wouldnt take it personally lol.., ive seen a lot of servers that kick if your not in the country of server origin, it helps keep the latency down and i can see the point of this too, doesnt matter if your ping is good or not.

Still, IF you did get banned for "not been german" and not a latency thing, then that IS a bit harsh.

Out of my 800 hrs + of BF2 ive found that
          <generalisation> a LOT of Germans do tend to take their gameing a little too seriously </generalisation>

Comment

oh well, plenty of other servers out there, just frag out on another, non-German one. You don't need them and their fancy German server!

Comment

I got kicked for not being Japanese once.

Comment

Yes, someone said something to me (in german) and I said: sry, I don't understand, I don't speak german. A few minutes later I was banned

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                Well, if you were playing in a japanese server, it makes sense

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Eternal-Souljah

QUOTE=Vidh]Well, if you were playing in a japanese server, it makes sense [/QUOTE]

LOL @ your hipocricy, if you're playing on a german server and not from germany it would only make sense to kick you to reduce ping and to make sure you were'nt spouting out gibberish(english!) into the mic and not being able to work in a close team for lack of quick communication.

Comment

it is absolutely against the ROE // but who cares on that one
                    as this IS a team sport =
                    1. they should have that 'privilege'
                    2. you should not even want to stay there

Comment

Originally posted by Zaltehook
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Eternal-Souljah

QUOTE=Vidh]Well, if you were playing in a japanese server, it makes sense
                      LOL @ your hipocricy, if you're playing on a german server and not from germany it would only make sense to kick you to reduce ping and to make sure you were'nt spouting out gibberish(english!) into the mic and not being able to work in a close team for lack of quick communication.[/QUOTE]

His ping was fine, german doesn't mean the server is located in germany. Its just got german in the name. To me thats against the rules, especially if his ping was low.

Comment

It depends if it's ranked or not. If it's ranked then (I think) it's a violation of the ROE because ranked servers are for everyone. Just like you can't kick non-clan members from your ranked server so your clan can have an exclusive practice session (you'd have to temporarily make it unranked to do that), you can't kick everyone who's not your nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
                          His ping was fine, german doesn't mean the server is located in germany. Its just got german in the name. To me thats against the rules, especially if his ping was low.
                          The server is located in Germany.

And I see no problem in kicking player who cant speak the language of the majority.

Getting kicked from a Japanese server makes seance, they don't speak English you don't speak Japanese its not going to work

Getting kicked from a German server is just the same you don't speak German and they don't speak English, its just not going to work.

I doubt its anything against you but think of it logiacly, how can you have a good game there, you cant play as a team and it is against the rules to hinder your team deliberately which you would have been doing if you stayed there.

edit: ill also point out that right now there is a French, US, Austrian and 4 other players from other contrys playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
                            Well it still makes sense(to me anyway) for him to be kicked if he can't communicate properly with the other players if the server happens to be mic oriented.

But whatev, it would also make sense to say that that is kind of harsh and possibly against the rules.

Comment

ah yes these damn germans *shakes fist*
                              errr Sir Eden: most germans do speak english, at least some basic stuff like "hello" , "tank ahead". "STFU noob", "GEt out of my Plane sucker", "WTF TK !!!"
                              We get english as a second language pretty early at school. 4th Grade if i am not wrong.
                              I am allways happy if there is a english speaking guy on Voice on the *french* server I play most of the time (owned by a german clan though). Its a good and cheap way to improve my (very sh!ty) pronunciation and grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X