• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all pub's i.e. non clanners

free phpBB or IPB forums here: http://www.forumer.com/

no idea how good they are though.

Comment

Actually a wiki site may be easier to host/manage/edit like the Sir Community :

Comment

What do you guys think about - http://www.clansitemanager.com/main.asp for hosting( ok, it'll probably have a few ads, but it seems comprehensive )
        Its not a Wiki, but we can have our own site and forums( which will help us keep track of members etc ) and a few web admins and everyone can contribute by contacting our admins?

Comment

I can get you 20GB of hosting and 1TB of bandwidth for cheaper then that site (And I havnt even looked at it ) How do I join up

And also

Lets say I put the tag [CPP] on accident go play a round the notice it can I take it off and have my regular name back?

Comment

yea we should go for a website

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck
              I can get you 20GB of hosting and 1TB of bandwidth for cheaper then that site (And I havnt even looked at it ) How do I join up
              Well that site is free and has everything we need to get started, once we have a starting point then if we get enough membership we can look at paid hosting was already messing about on that site and i setup - http://cpo.clangrid.com, no content yet but i just wanted to try iy

Im still working out the details, but i need 2 more admins - RMcLeod has already said he will help with this and MrRunkz over on the EA uk forums said he would give us a hand, and Absurdus was involved with myself in setting this up, so first person to setup an register an account on the above site and to PM to let me know and who obviously is willing to contribute a bit of time to this gets the admin, we'll also need moderators, same applies there, we'll start with 3, please give some information on how often you can moderate as( and its all depending on how many posts etc ) the longer the better, we can start from there

Originally posted by CyberDuck
              Lets say I put the tag [CPP] on accident go play a round the notice it can I take it off and have my regular name back?
              The tag you should add is [CPo] and you can remove it and change it or whatever, it doesnt affect your stats in any way

Lets get this off the ground lads

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn
                and yep im european - Irish
                Hey, I'm half Irish. Me mudder was an immigrant from County Claire.

Comment

heh, [CPo] tag is nice idea just finished playing with [CPo]RMcLeod on 80.239.199.99. hope there will be more of us on some european server!

Comment

Ok if you guys are serious about the site I can offer free Hosting, domain and forum. But only if this is serious as I would otherwise resell the account to a customer.

Comment

Nice one, Absurdus was on a european server earlier on 1.4 Beta 2, just search on game-monitor, im gonna get an hour in in a bit

Originally posted by ColonelPanic
                      Hey, I'm half Irish. Me mudder was an immigrant from County Claire.
                      Nice one, were everywhere

I hope this works out for all of us, remember everyone its your clan, so please sign up to the site, i still need to check whats involved with the forums, but hopefully that will be setup soon, ill link to it on my sig in a bit, 1 admin position and moderator positions are still open, please apply as per my previous message

Originally posted by JavierWar
                      Ok if you guys are serious about the site I can offer free Hosting, domain and forum. But only if this is serious as I would otherwise resell the account to a customer.
                      Many many thanks for the offer, ive sent you a PM, im very serious about this, but i just need our members feedback also as if we take this i want JavierWar to feel its being well used due to his very very generous contribution, what i mean by this is that members will contribute regulalry( at least until we have a large number where the contributions can get smaller for the site to be well used ) to the forums, will aid in a recruitment drive and get everyone to sign up for the site, and also that admins and moderators will contribute to our site,
                      Its in your hands guys!!!
                      If we cant contribute often( and thats totally ok too, if you can just use the prefix ) then we'll go for the free site, i already have a lot of performance tweaks that i use to get the most out of my machine that id like to add

Comment

Originally posted by JavierWar

that would be really helpfull , it will help get the recruitment going.
                        there quite alot of interest so i dont think you would have any worries that the site would go unused.

clan pub noob is gonna pwn all clans. [unless you pwn us first]

Comment

Yep, good fights tonight, got me Expert assault on Jalalabad with out even firing a single round, just ran over dudes in the jeeps

oh yeah, one other thing.....

Comment

LMAO at the poster, class!!!!

Comment

Hahaha, nice pic!

btw, I've signed up at that site, but I still haven't gotten an e-mail to verify my account. Does it take long?

Comment

so if one day I want to leave I can take it off?

Comment

Working...
                                X