Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you like to hear...

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    That guy is nothing.. and angus was FAR from a great guitarist. Nothing special at all.

You wanna hear real guitar, download Altitudes - Jason Becker

But yeah, Atreyu, my friend used to listen to them, and I listened to them whenever he did.

And I never really listened to deftones. I remember Metallica's summer sanatarium had like limp bizkit, deftones, and linkin park. That's the only time I really ever heard of them. I probably heard them alot on the radio, but it's probably one of those things where it's like "ohhhhhh THIS song? oh that's deftones?".. you know what I mean.

u should check out Yngwie Malmsteen. hes freakin insane and fingers faster than anyone ive ever seen or heard.(the ladies must love him.:laugh: )

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
      That guy is nothing.. and angus was FAR from a great guitarist. Nothing special at all.

You wanna hear real guitar, download Altitudes - Jason Becker

But yeah, Atreyu, my friend used to listen to them, and I listened to them whenever he did.

And I never really listened to deftones. I remember Metallica's summer sanatarium had like limp bizkit, deftones, and linkin park. That's the only time I really ever heard of them. I probably heard them alot on the radio, but it's probably one of those things where it's like "ohhhhhh THIS song? oh that's deftones?".. you know what I mean.
      Angus Young was bad dude, not Jimmy Page calibur or Eddie Van Halen calibur, but bad. And I referred to him because of the style. As for the Deftones, no you haven't heard them alot on the radio because they aren't mainstream. Tis why they are and always have been so good.

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
        u should check out Yngwie Malmsteen. hes freakin insane and fingers faster than anyone ive ever seen or heard.(the ladies must love him.:laugh: )
        Yeah I know yngwie malmsteen.

The guys I listed are a billion times better.

They are faster, and they actually make MUSIC along with showing their speed.

If you are talking about speed I can name a few people that can play crazy ****ing fast...

What is crazy ****ing fast? How about 40+ NPS (notes per second)

Comment

40 notes per second? Thats gotta be impossible. Unless he plays a G chord 7 times in 1 second. thats 42 NPS.

Comment

jurassic 5 (the classic stuff), da backwudz, lil wayne, three 6 mafia, youngbloodz, bun-b, slim thug, 2pac, nwa, dilated peoples, atmosphere, bone thugs n harmony, project pat, lil wyte, franchize, eazy-e, jeezy, ghostface killah the list goes on and on

Comment

Originally posted by Clownfetus
              jurassic 5 (the classic stuff), da backwudz, lil wayne, three 6 mafia, youngbloodz, bun-b, slim thug, 2pac, nwa, dilated peoples, atmosphere, bone thugs n harmony, project pat, lil wyte, franchize, eazy-e, jeezy, ghostface killah the list goes on and on
              you have a good taste my friend

Comment

Nah there's a thing called sweep picking, which is hard to explain, but it's basically playing 1 note on every string going up or down, So technically, 6 strings, 1 note on each string, 40 / 6, it would take 6 sweeps in under a second, which, for the picking hand, the speed is very easy. The skill comes in the fretting hand... that's the one doing the REAL "40 NPS"... LOL

Imagine just moving your right hand down, up, down, up, down, up, in under a second, and it's not that hard. A second is a lot longer than you think if you think about it.

Here check these out:

Both Jason Becker:

Perpetual Burn (better technically)
                Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

Altitudes (better melodically)
                Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

Comment

I listen to Michael Jackson.

Comment

i like to listen to rock an roll specifically i like acdc

Comment

Did anyone listen to those songs

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                        you have a good taste my friend
                        finally, someone who shares the same taste in music

Comment

dude black hawk down aka hans zimmer music pwns

Comment

what about....

The devil went down to Georgia...

Comment

I prefer to listen to instrumental stuff (particularly the first Hella album Hold Your Horse Is - check out this vid), so I'm not tempted to try and sing along. Other squad members are lucky I've not got a microphone at the moment

Instrumental: Hella, Don Caballero, Lightning Bolt, Pelican, Dirty Three, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Do Make Say Think
                              Non-instrumental: Polvo, Jawbreaker, Pilot to Gunner, The Vermicious Knid, Silkworm, Shellac, Bardo Pond, June of 44, Slint, Van Der Graaf Generator, Hawkwind, The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy, Big Black, Wire, Half Man Half Biscuit

As for rap and hip-hop, no thanks - unfortunately they've both ended up as a complete parody...:laugh:

Comment

Well, most everything you guys said is good music to me, but I play in a death metal band out here in phx, so that's generally the kind of stuff I listen to.

As far as guitarists, you guys are all right on the money. I like every single one of them, but I don't think Atreyu's GT is THAT great. I can play most of the stuff he does, but he's good I just wouldn't say AWESOME.

Buckethead to me is the best guitarist I've heard in years. I love everything he does. Same w/ Claypool, of course he's bass, but him and, oh... Victor Wooten, man, those guys rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X