Hiding snipers from UAVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiding snipers from UAVs

I'd like to see UAV (and the general scan) ignore stationary snipers, that'd be great.. I get extremely annoyed every time I get into a niced camoflauged, out of the way spot, and suddenly there's a support player diving toward me, PKM blazing, and I'm gone before I know what happened... and what's there when I'm lying there? A pretty UAV plane flying overhead.

I do the work, brave the jets, jeeps and tanks to procure a spot in Wake Island, the only one on my team to do so, and then their commander sees fit to drop an artillery volley, supply crate or jeep on my head. It doesn't affect the gameplay as much as it is simply annoying. The sort of annoying thing that makes you not want to play the game.

So yeah.. snipers standing still shouldn't be show up on UAV or scanners.

Comment

The original pre game releases indicated that the special forces class would be invisible to the scanner and UAV to allow pentration into the main bases..

Pity it was dumped.....

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
        Well there are commanders which use artys on one or two people sitting somewhere still. It's irritating, and that's why I posted the thread.
        yeah but its better to use the artillery on 2 enemy than kill one of ur own sqauds.
        only thing i dont like when sniping is people using cartillery

Comment

here is the real solution to the scan/uav problem.

-people in buildings (covered) should not be picked up by uav/scan

-static snipers, in vegitation (NOT ON A DAMN ROOF) should also not show up on uav/scan

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
            I actually take it as a compliment if Im sniping an get artillarized into an oblivion...

It tells me 2 things, either I am being enough of a bother to use an arty strike on to try and eliminate me, or it tells me the opposing commander is an idiot for wasting an arty strike on 1 player.

As annoying as it can be, live with it...because when they drop arty a few times and fail to kill you,..it really helps your team out.
            Have to agree with that... Every time I get arty'd as a sniper in the middle of no-where I have to laugh at the opposing commander who thinks an arty barrage on ONE guy is worth it...

Comment

I would actually like to see the snipers undetectable if they stay stationary for a period of time. I mean the whole point of the kit is to be an undetected killer. if someone knows where your at every 30 seconds it kinda depletes the purpose. Usually snipers stray from the pack so you automatically know that the person on the outskirts of a map all alone is a sniper. I think if you stay stationary for an extended period of time then you should be undetectable. It doesn't really give sniper any advantage. It's not like they are the guys getting 50 kills a round. They can't kill tanks and suck in close combat. They really have no advantage. Once in a while they get a one hit kill but most kits can get a two hit kill so it's really no different I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingEgg
                I'd like to see UAV (and the general scan) ignore stationary snipers, that'd be great.. I get extremely annoyed every time I get into a niced camoflauged, out of the way spot, and suddenly there's a support player diving toward me, PKM blazing, and I'm gone before I know what happened... and what's there when I'm lying there? A pretty UAV plane flying overhead.

I do the work, brave the jets, jeeps and tanks to procure a spot in Wake Island, the only one on my team to do so, and then their commander sees fit to drop an artillery volley, supply crate or jeep on my head. It doesn't affect the gameplay as much as it is simply annoying. The sort of annoying thing that makes you not want to play the game.

So yeah.. snipers standing still shouldn't be show up on UAV or scanners.
                I love your signature LOL

Comment

so what would happen if everyone playing was a sniper?

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                    so what would happen if everyone playing was a sniper?
                    That team would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
                      But, my all time favorite thing they should do for snipers is to remove them from the game totally. Un-needed for a team based game.
                      Remove Snipers... You should be taken out back and shot.

Comment

Being a sniper myself, I see this as a BAD idea. First of all, allowing the BEST players to play sniper is stupid. I mean it isn't fair to dictate what kit you can and can't play. Plus, it is already so easy to do well as sniper. You own infantry at long range, and can easily kill infantry at close range with claymores. Everybody should be able to be spotted by the UAV.

Originally posted by roger smith

-static snipers, in vegitation (NOT ON A DAMN ROOF) should also not show up on uav/scan
                        I could settle for this.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith

I agree with the second one, stationary snipers in vegetation should be practically impossible to spot...

Comment

i dont like the limiting snipers idea.

Comment

I agree with the first part but not with the second one.
                              -Not moving at all is suicide in any situation.
                              -No limit needed.
                              -Dont mess with the spot spot radius.
                              -"when they see them" it is technically not possible.

btw good idea

Comment

correct me if im wrong, but i thought snipers where already undetectable by UAV.........but not scan, and spec op, vice versa.....ive put a UAV over a sniper, and seen no red blip, but was able to spot him ok, and did come up on scan......

so i dont think this is even an issue

spotting should continue to be the way it is

Comment

Working...
                                X