Angry with the M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry with the M95

OK, so I recently got my Expert Assault Combat badge. I'm satisfied with my skill level as an Assault troop, so I decided to shift my focus to a new class. I picked Sniper. I literally haven't used the M95 since 1.2, so when I picked it up again, it almost made me cry. I was sitting completely still for a good 5 seconds, aimed right on the forehead of another guy not too far away and the shot missed. I'm not the greatest sniper ever, but my aim is pretty good. Not only that time but constantly, the M95 misses targets that would seem impossible to not hit. I mean, another time I shot at some guy, missed, moved my crosshairs back to the same exact spot and i hit him in the head. I don't know if it's crappy bullet deviation or crappy hit detection or both. I just want my shots to hit some of the time. Oh yeah, and the knife. Hit detection doesn't even exist for the knife. If there's one thing 1.4 fixes, I hope it's hit detection.

Re: Angry with the M95

I prefer to use every other sniper rifle other than the M95. I rank them like this.

1) L96
    2) M24
    3) SVD
    4) M95

Comment

sounds lika a lag problem

Comment

I rank the SVD as the lowest, absolute sh*t crosshairs. M95 is king simply because of the fact that I can nail a J-10 whore before he even gets off of the ground. But hit detection sucks now. At least, for long range. And if anything, the M95 should be very, very accurate.

Edit: My net connection has never gave me any problems, red.

Comment

go for m24 i say, despite the ability to shoot choppers its just to much of a pain to be worth it. my next rank up is comin soon and im gonna unlock the L96 because that thing is easily the coolest SR in the game.

Comment

svd ftw.
            i can get headshots gaklore,and still have plenty of ammo to spare in my mag.

Comment

on bigger maps, i choose the single shotters, the l96 and m24. on urban maps, i go with the svd. not only do they still 1 shot headshot, but man, you can use it in close quarters too. just do a quick zoom + click rapidly. even unscoped, i can usually kill them before they kill me with an assualt rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftwaffe989
                I rank the SVD as the lowest, absolute sh*t crosshairs. M95 is king simply because of the fact that I can nail a J-10 whore before he even gets off of the ground. But hit detection sucks now. At least, for long range. And if anything, the M95 should be very, very accurate.

Edit: My net connection has never gave me any problems, red.
                Sounds like you don't know how to use the SVD. You just need more practice it's not a bad rifle. As for the M95, they actually improved the accuracy a couple patches ago. I think it's better than it was pre 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  Sounds like you don't know how to use the SVD. You just need more practice it's not a bad rifle. As for the M95, they actually improved the accuracy a couple patches ago. I think it's better than it was pre 1.2.
                  You're right, I'm garbage with the SVD, mainly because I played USMC all the time until I unlocked the M95. The whole arrow deal bothers me. Why can't those Russians just make a proper scope? Two simple lines? Oh well. I picked up BF2 after 1.2 so I have no experience of patches past. And it's not so much the accuracy, I see the little puff of dust come off of the enemy's heads and chests all the time. It's just the hit doesn't register thanks to crap hit detection.

Comment

hey nice one on the expert assault btw, welcome to the club

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                      hey nice one on the expert assault btw, welcome to the club
                      Hehe thanks, my F2000 and AK-101 have got me a long way.

Comment

You're right, I'm garbage with the SVD, mainly because I played USMC all the time until I unlocked the M95. The whole arrow deal bothers me. Why can't those Russians just make a proper scope? Two simple lines? Oh well. I picked up BF2 after 1.2 so I have no experience of patches past. And it's not so much the accuracy, I see the little puff of dust come off of the enemy's heads and chests all the time. It's just the hit doesn't register thanks to crap hit detection.
                        The best way to line up with the SVD is the top of the arrow should be on the neck/chin of the enemy. That seems to do it for me every time. On Special Forces maps I always use the SVD. It's just something I personally have forced myself to use.
                        At this moment, I am just trying to get used to the G3 a bit more. I've seen some people that are just insane good with that thing.
                        I agree that the hit detection isn't all that great, but if they try and fix it something else is going to go down the crapper. I think 1.22 was the way the game should have been left. The 1.3 patch should ahve introduced optimizations and generalized refinements (i.e, fix the transparent missile thing). The more they mess with it, the worse the game will become. The game has been turned down way, way too much. No learning curve anymore.

Don't know if you've seen this vid but it's kind of cool. When I first saw it, I was motivated to try and get better with the M95.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                          The best way to line up with the SVD is the top of the arrow should be on the neck/chin of the enemy. That seems to do it for me every time. On Special Forces maps I always use the SVD. It's just something I personally have forced myself to use.
                          At this moment, I am just trying to get used to the G3 a bit more. I've seen some people that are just insane good with that thing.
                          I agree that the hit detection isn't all that great, but if they try and fix it something else is going to go down the crapper. I think 1.22 was the way the game should have been left. The 1.3 patch should ahve introduced optimizations and generalized refinements (i.e, fix the transparent missile thing). The more they mess with it, the worse the game will become. The game has been turned down way, way too much. No learning curve anymore.

Don't know if you've seen this vid but it's kind of cool. When I first saw it, I was motivated to try and get better with the M95.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab45i...elated&search=
                          You're totally right about that. 1.2 was a lot better than 1.3, I miss those early days.

As for that video, I've seen that before! That guy is crazy good. I wish I could be as good as him.

Comment

Hehe thanks, my F2000 and AK-101 have got me a long way.
                            ah, the AK used to be my favourite weapon, and i went through an f2000 phase too, and i am partial to a bit of the old m16 the only assault weapon i havent seriously got into is the G3, its that small clip which gets me. still, its a bitchin class, it forces you to get right into the fighting up close and personal and to get your hands dirty- its the backbone of the infantry. i feel a tear forming in my eye...

yeh nice video too, maybe ive been a bit harsh on the m95...

Comment

one time i was crouching by a small wall (tall enough to cover me completly while crouching but not while standing) and when i stood up to shoot at some enemies i saw dust come off me but i didnt lose any health, if thats not proof of crappy hit detection i dont know what is.

Comment

Working...
                              X