Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best way to snipe?

Originally posted by Dynafrom
    Any tips for a noobie sniper? I unlocked the l968A and I can't kill jack while other people completely kill me. Any help?
    1. Go prone in a save spot with a good view over the battlefield, usually up high somewhere..

2. Try to go for enemies that are not moving if possible, and aim for the head.. (Headshot = kill, otherwise it will usually take 2 hits to kill someone)

3. If they are moving, try to lead your shot a bit.. (hard to do, depends on direction of movement and latency etc)

Good luck!

Comment

is it true that in BF2 there is no bullet travel time, because you pretty much have to aim ahead when using a tank and your trying to shoot down a moving target, and i think it does apply to guns too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynafrom
        Any tips for a noobie sniper? I unlocked the l968A and I can't kill jack while other people completely kill me. Any help?
        Use a gun.. You know.. A fully auto gun... Ring any bells?

Comment

I've noticed a tiny bit of lead required on sniper rifles and others. Moreso with support weaponry.

Comment

Snipe with the L-96.
            Aim for the head when there not moving. If there running at, let them run into your crosshair, and fire as soon as they reach the first marker on either the left or right of the center crosshair depending on which way they are heading.

If their running right
            Fire when they reach the marker close'est to the center on the left side.
            oppisite side if their running the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
              if ur question is in regard to the kit, do like 99% of them do:

play karkand
              drop claymores in hallways
              avoid direct confrontation with any enemy
              rack up kills
              reload w/supply guy
              rinse and repeat

Yeah, drop spam all 2 of you clays. Be careful when doing so, though, because while your doing that you could die from about......29 other forms of death, tanks, guns, apcs.....

oh and while your spamming your 2 claymore all over the whole map, watch out for the guy spamming the 5 nades in your general direction. He doesnt know where you are exactly just hopping for that kill. Sorta like your 1 claymore sitting near.
              Oh and that supply guy, that runs away from you, while your calling out for supplies...dont chase him too far........... you will die. You see as a sniper, you dont have a gun that can handel 3 or 4 guys when confronted. They will, you will die. Simple.
              So, either dont chase the deaf and dumb supply guy, or try........and drop a clay nearby to hopefully protect you while you attempt to get supplies.
              Arty.
              Tanks.
              Nades.
              Apcs.
              Jet's spam Bombs.
              Come on man...its all lame................ if you think about it.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys I pulled off 6 headshots in a row. lol

Comment

gun choices: 1st: L9 (awp)
                  2cd: m24
                  3rd: m95

ALWAYS AIM FOR THE HEAD.

from some one who gets 35 kills a round on a 64 karkand map. beleive me that staying at a same place is NOT the best thing to do.

1- u cant move well to see wats happenning outside of ur eye angle.
                  2-once u miss ur target, getting back up from a prone position takes a lot of time.
                  3- if a proned sniper and a sniper in a stance position get into a sniper war. the one standing and moving arround will win the battle because as the one standing moves around and jumping to make him self a harder target, the proned sniper will not be able to hit him that easily. for the standing sniper, while he jumps and strafes left and right, he spots the enemy sniper and can easily take aim at him. once he stands still, he fires the shot with the scope directly aimed at the proned sniper who cant move. the proned sniper finaly sees the opponent standing still takes does the best he can to take aim at the standing up sniper. but standing up guy already fired the shot.

point is, i was a css awp player. and i have applied the css way of sniping to bf2 with few modifications. at the end, its 2 different games, but the result is the same, make urself a hard target by moving arround all the time, not staying at the same place, and take aim at ur enemy while ur moving to dodge his bullets. and once ur still, fire ur shot.

Comment

Ok another question I keep getting killed by people who run around in weird ways how do I get a clean shot on a moving target and how do you dolphin dive and is it legal?

Comment

" the best way to snipe??"........... i don"t know about the best way. but the most fun is join a squad & do some close quarter sniping ( over watching your squad with the svd):evil:

Comment

Only thing i have to say... is pretty much about the video.

1st. There IS a bullet travel time. (you can prove this to yourself in any map, that you can see further than 300meters.) [shot--> 250ms --> you've killed some random dildoman / shot --> 50ms --> you've killed some random dildoman] <-- Big difference.

2nd, You should also try to get the bullet drop into the shot if shooting from great distances. (+150m) <-- Don't start whining, every sniper knows there is a bullet drop, and it's even bee proven here.

Comment

how does he kills vehicles with 1 shot?
                          well anywayz try sniping from 1 meter away with the M24 not M95 its really funny and plus you will get kills, if you know how to do it properly

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                            Noooo not this fake, lameass movie again

ps.: we have discussed this about a 6 months ago and the guy who created this movie admitted that some friend helop him C4 the vehicles :laugh: than everyone called him a noob, becouse there is no "weak spot" :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Comrad_Joe
                              how does he kills vehicles with 1 shot?
                              He can't but snipin the driver is pretty much the same :P

I've heard lots of thanks for succesfully sniping down enemy helicopter while they keep gunning down my squads. Rare, but yet rather easy if the chopper just makes the mistake and stay still for few ms

Comment

Practice. That's the best way.

The more you use the gun the more comfortable you will become with it.

Some maps like Sharqi and Wake are purpose built for sniping. Try and get yourself in a position to see a couple of flags and go for headshots when they lay down and hide to take your flag. If they are running you need to give a bit of lead time so they run into the bullet.

Use claymores at the tops of ladders (also the bottom of the ladder is good because you might get someone as they run past even if they weren't going to climb the ladder)

Be prepared to move aswell, if you kill someone and they spy you then the first thing they will do is try and sneak up on you after they spawn.

People always go for Helicopters so if you choose the M95 find a hiding space where you can see into the cockpit and wait, you'll have a steady stream of people trying to take off and as you can only see the head its a one shot kill everytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X