Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best way to snipe?

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
    People always go for Helicopters so if you choose the M95 find a hiding space where you can see into the cockpit and wait, you'll have a steady stream of people trying to take off and as you can only see the head its a one shot kill everytime!
    This stream will last about as long as 1-3 kills. After that, they have figured out your position and hunted you down. :F And if not yet hunted, they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanten
      This stream will last about as long as 1-3 kills. After that, they have figured out your position and hunted you down. :F And if not yet hunted, they will.
      Thats where claymores come in. And to be honest i've only had someone come looking for me a couple of times, most heli-whores are fighting over the helicopter and are that desperate to get it that they rarely think about snipers. Plus like i said dont sit still too long.

Wherever you position yourself as a sniper people are going to come looking for you but while you killing people that are just about to take off and kill lots of your team mates, your getting kills and helping the rest of the team by not letting the enemy take off.

Everyones a winner

Comment

Thats where claymores come in. And to be honest i've only had someone come looking for me a couple of times, most heli-whores are fighting over the helicopter and are that desperate to get it that they rarely think about snipers.
        Wouldn't that be some kind of spawnkilling anyways? ;F

Comment

Never "position" yourself. By going on some remote roof or high point, you're only wasting your team's time and will rarely ever hit anything (no matter how good of a shot you are). I love roofers because they're so easy to kill.

Sniping in BF2 is more like a designated marksman in a squad -- you engage targets at medium range.

Regarding hitting targets that are hopping around, it takes practice. The only way you'll ever get good at sniping is by consistently playing that same class over and over and over again. Eventually, you'll realize two things:

1) Hoppers can't shoot while they're hopping, which means bunny hopping gives you the advantage (most bad players don't realize this). When they're hopping around, they cannot engage you so take a knee and wait for them to stop hopping. Eventually, they'll run out of breath and will be an easy target or they will go prone and try to aim at you. All this takes is some practice.

Eventually, you'll see that all players have only 5 common maneuvers that they make so you'll be picking them off like apples. Those that don't use those 5 common maneuvers will not be too hard to improvise against because you can handle the 5 common ones by sheer instinct.

2) Shooting a target moving across is a waste of ammunition. Occasionally you'll hit the guy but it's always luck (by that, I mean you'll never be able to pull that same shot off 3 times in a row).

The difficulty in Sniping is not being able to shoot. This is easy, just point at the head and shoot. The hard part is thinking quickly and getting yourself in a position where you can defeat the enemy and still have enough juice to kick some more butt.

Remember, the most common answer to a question is the most obvious one. There's no reason why you should be trying to pull off difficult shots -- instead get *them* in a position where they need to make the difficult shot and you have the luxury of taking your time.

Read more in my sniping guide thread here:

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Nanten
              Wouldn't that be some kind of spawnkilling anyways? ;F
              No, because Spawnkilling is waiting at a spawn site and killing as they spawn. As they dont spawn in helicopters then no it's not.

Comment

No, because Spawnkilling is waiting at a spawn site and killing as they spawn. As they dont spawn in helicopters then no it's not.
                it is alittle seedy though....... I mean its cool, but i snipe alot, and even though i love sniping, that situation calls for more of a take that stupid flag instead of sniping it............kinda deal.
                When i see a fellow sniper camping close to a flag that just went white, or camping a flag we need desperately..........i really feel like killing him myself.

and yes im a sniper primarily, and roofers are the most fun watching die from my shot, cuz when they fall its kinda funny.
                Easy to spot too, because a good sniper and anti sniper is always gonna look first at each and every accessible roof top before continuing on. Least I do.
                So a roofer gets primary attention.......
                The big thing is, when i kill roofers alot..............its usually the same person, over ..........and over..........lol

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                  it is alittle seedy though....... I mean its cool, but i snipe alot, and even though i love sniping, that situation calls for more of a take that stupid flag instead of sniping it............kinda deal.
                  When i see a fellow sniper camping close to a flag that just went white, or camping a flag we need desperately..........i really feel like killing him myself.
                  i agree.......but it's a helicopter im talking about and not a flag.

I think the best way to play sniper is aggressively, confuse the enemy and make them think about things. I love snipers that sit on buildings or hilltops, headshot everytime

Comment

I think the biggest part about sniping is that, you have to learn how far away you are. And how much you should lead and should above the target. I always for for the headshot, and it almost always works out. If you hit the body they run scared then it's very hard to get the kill. And don't sit in my most obvious place IE on top of a crane/ most buildings!

Comment

Wait for your target, sniping works on waiting dont just take random shots its a good way to give ur position away, wait for that moment and blast the head away.

Comment

Shoot, shoot, move. Be mobile and remain hidden. Easier said than done, but worth it if you practice.

Comment

take your time and dont be too aggressive. alot of sniping is down to positionning and timing rather than running in with a pistol whereby you're pretty much screwed against any other weapon. just practice hitting further and further targets and you'll get it. also if someone spots you and you kill them then move, it sounds obvious but the number of times i've got shot only to go back and find them in the same place then kill them is unbelievable. cover your path with claymores ie. on ladders. practice.

Comment

Is there bullet travel time?

Comment

Working...
                            X